https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIHS9cZUAAA-IVT.jpg

Drugdog
06-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Do I see a Russell tag?

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2015, 10:53 AM
Do I see a Russell tag?

Good point. Even makes more sense now.

Just curious, how can Russell make MSU gear if our agreement is with Adidas?

How do these contracts work?

Vinsanity
06-22-2015, 10:53 AM
Do I see a Russell tag?

No. That's Adidas's alternate tag since everyone's going to blame Adidas anyway**

Ralph
06-22-2015, 10:58 AM

I think Russell would just have to pay a licensing fee to the NCAA/Conf/School, or Wal-Mart would.

5 Star
06-22-2015, 11:08 AM
Photoshopped

TheRef
06-22-2015, 11:11 AM
Photoshopped

It's not....I know the guy who took the photo.

LC Dawg
06-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Last year I ordered an Adidas Dak jersey for a friend's one year old from hailstate.com. When we received it I got it out of the package and held it up to show my wife. I looked down and there was and aTm on the back of the jersey just below the neck. It was obvious they used the same parts to make the jerseys for us and aTm and they just put one of the parts on the wrong jersey. We returned the jersey and they sent us another but I regret not keeping the first one.
I am not really complaining about Adidas because I think they do overall a good job for us. I really just thought the whole thing was kind of funny.

5 Star
06-22-2015, 11:33 AM
It's not....I know the guy who took the photo.
Color me skeptical.....look at the difference in the sleeve sizes.

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2015, 11:33 AM
I am not really complaining about Adidas because I think they do overall a good job for us.

Absolutely.... We have learned that it is better to be a big fish in a small pound with leverage than a small fish in a big pond with leverage.

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2015, 11:34 AM

That's just because the person that took the picture folded over the aTm sleeve so you could see the entire logo

TheRef
06-22-2015, 11:34 AM

Or...ya know...the shirt isn't absolutely centered on the hanger. It's a real photo.

TUSK
06-22-2015, 11:35 AM
at least they spelled yall's name correctly...

http://www.abc3340.com/story/12970864/mississippi-misspelled-on-national-champions-season-tickets

Drugdog
06-22-2015, 12:14 PM
Heck, we even misspell our name. Maybe Someone can post the lettering on the jumbo tron and at DNF outfield schedule.

scottycameron
06-22-2015, 12:32 PM
I feel sorry for the kids who have to put up with this kind of garbage (if that's an adult size, then they deserve it).

TheRef
06-22-2015, 12:32 PM
I feel sorry for the kids who have to put up with this kind of garbage (if that's an adult size, then they deserve it).

Adult Medium

Vinsanity
06-22-2015, 12:38 PM

The school licenses out the rights to produce gear with the logo on it. That's why if you go to the bookstore on campus you'll see stuff from Under Armour, Adidas, Nike, etc. The Adidas deal is just for athletic gear that the players and staff wear

jumbo
06-22-2015, 12:42 PM

Adidas is just the official supplier for the university and it's teams. any manufacturer can make any item as long as they pay the licensing fee.

jumbo
06-22-2015, 12:43 PM
or what Vinsanity said

shannondawg
06-22-2015, 12:44 PM
After trading in the orient for more years than I care to say, don't ever be surprised what comes out of the box.

Jack Lambert
06-22-2015, 12:50 PM
at least they spelled yall's name correctly...

http://www.abc3340.com/story/12970864/mississippi-misspelled-on-national-champions-season-tickets

If they spelled it like Lue Holtz says it they would have left out a few S's.

TheRef
06-22-2015, 01:45 PM
For those of you thinking it was photoshopped (5 star), it's been purchased.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIIBdvpVEAAyP3s.jpg:large

scottycameron
06-22-2015, 02:07 PM
For those of you thinking it was photoshopped (5 star), it's been purchased.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIIBdvpVEAAyP3s.jpg:large

My God, what do you plan on doing with it? I keep thinking of the dumb and dumber scene where they give the blind kid the bird with the head taped on. Please don't give that to some poor kid, haha.

TheRef
06-22-2015, 02:09 PM
My God, what do you plan on doing with it? I keep thinking of the dumb and dumber scene where they give the blind kid the bird with the head taped on. Please don't give that to some poor kid, haha.

No a TAMU fan wants to wear it at the MSU v Texas A&M game this year.

scottycameron
06-22-2015, 02:11 PM
that'll work! At least she's got a sense of humor about this kind of stuff. maybe we all need more of that!

Goldendawg
06-22-2015, 02:40 PM
Didn't buy it at the Fulton, Ms, Walmart. I went in recently to buy a simple State t-shirt and couldn't even find the rack, however a fully stocked Alabama rack was available at a high traffic site right by the aisle. More sidewalk/Walmart fans in Tishomingo and Itawamba counties than true MSU or TSUN( respect them more than bandwagon fans for BAMA). MSU friend of mine said that the Mississippi legislature should pass a law stating the the value of your car must exceed the value of the Bama decals, tag, and flags on it. BTW, is aTm in a long term contract with Adidas? If so, I expect this debacle to continue.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-22-2015, 03:00 PM
Didn't buy it at the Fulton, Ms, Walmart. I went in recently to buy a simple State t-shirt and couldn't even find the rack, however a fully stocked Alabama rack was available at a high traffic site right by the aisle. More sidewalk/Walmart fans in Tishomingo and Itawamba counties than true MSU or TSUN( respect them more than bandwagon fans for BAMA). MSU friend of mine said that the Mississippi legislature should pass a law stating the the value of your car must exceed the value of the Bama decals, tag, and flags on it. BTW, is aTm in a long term contract with Adidas? If so, I expect this debacle to continue.

You should see the wal mart in Columbus.

MSUDawg99
06-22-2015, 05:02 PM
No a TAMU fan wants to wear it at the MSU v Texas A&M game this year.

OH wait. Yeah i remember meeting this guy at a baseball game this year too, out at LFL.

Barking 13
06-22-2015, 05:38 PM
You should see the wal mart in Columbus.

Yeah, you'd think you were in Tuscaloosa..

Howboutdemdogs
06-22-2015, 06:04 PM
Enlarge the picture, you will see an Indian Chief's head transposed on the sleeve. Photo Shopped. At first, I thought there was a shirt behind it; but it has to be a hack job.

TheRef
06-22-2015, 06:07 PM
Enlarge the picture, you will see an Indian Chief's head transposed on the sleeve. Photo Shopped. At first, I thought there was a shirt behind it; but it has to be a hack job.

It's not a fake photo. It's real.

Howboutdemdogs
06-22-2015, 09:06 PM
By damn your right, my bad.

TUSK
06-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Yeah, you'd think you were in Tuscaloosa..

you are.*