PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Open thread

Dawg61
06-21-2015, 09:02 AM
Is nobody watching this week? Jason Day is tied for the lead (-4) while suffering from vertigo. He collapsed on the course on Friday and almost had to quit three times yesterday. He shot -5 on the back 9 while looking like he was going to puke and pass out the entire time. Never seen anything like this.

CadaverDawg
06-21-2015, 09:50 AM
Is nobody watching this week? Jason Day is tied for the lead (-4) while suffering from vertigo. He collapsed on the course on Friday and almost had to quit three times yesterday. He shot -5 on the back 9 while looking like he was going to puke and pass out the entire time. Never seen anything like this.

It's incredible. I have severe vertigo as well, and while a day after a major spell you can be fine...I never feel great the rest of the day after a big spell, much less minutes or hours following a major spell. I have serious respect for Day, bc the things that make it worse are heat and dehydration...and he is putting himself in a hot, dehydrating spot right after a vertigo spell. Crazy. I hope he wins it.

civildawg
06-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Fox better be glad it's a close match because between the coarse and the broadcast both being bad I have a feelings the ratings will not be too high

I seen it dawg
06-21-2015, 10:37 AM
How in the hell did Fox and especially this golf course get the U.S. open? Terrible. The goats will be back on their land in the morning.

NCDawg
06-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Tremendous effort by Day. Amazing he can hit the ball so well when suffering from vertigo. He's very strong-hit his 9 iron 166 yards on the last hole and birdied the hole. He's paired with Dustin Johnson today-hope he wins it, but luck will also have to come into play somewhat on this course.

scottycameron
06-21-2015, 11:09 AM
I got vertigo watching that shit. Listening to it isn't much better. Don't think I've ever watched less of a US Open.

Bully13
06-21-2015, 11:30 AM
those in charge of maintaining this course should never be allowed to host a professional golf event. different types of grass on different greens? seriously?

Dawg4Life
06-21-2015, 11:43 AM

1. The course sucks. The U.S. Open is my favorite golf tournament every year because I think it is the ultimate test of true skill. Good shots rewarded, bad shots punishing, but with a chance to scramble. This course just doesn't give that feel. Sides of mountains are good for skiing, not golf.

2. Day with vertigo is a great story and I really like him. Of course the media is running with it a little too much now. The piece on Day's childhood was just over the top to me. He drinks a little at 12 and his mom punishes him by sending him to a golf academy. I'll bet half of the ED crowd had a few drinks too young too. I WISH my parents would have punished me with a golf academy! I got a heavy hot weedeater and a push mower as a reward. I mean...come on...slow music to go along with that story? Leave it to the Golf Channel to make me want to puke at 8:00 am.

turkish
06-21-2015, 12:10 PM
Even with Mt Rainier as the backdrop, this course is half as picturesque as Clear Creek in Bovina, MS. It's obvious it used to be, and should still be, a strip mine.

Dawg61
06-21-2015, 06:37 PM
Fox better be glad it's a close match because between the coarse and the broadcast both being bad I have a feelings the ratings will not be too high

Buck sucks for golf but I've enjoyed listening to Greg Norman. One thing that Fox is doing very well is having lots of coverage. Thursday and Friday Fox combined with FoxSports1 had 12 hours of live TV coverage per day and today it's 9 1/2 hours straight just on Fox. I hate turning on a tournament and someone has already posted a 65. I want to see it and Fox is way ahead in this area. The broadcasters will get better. This is their first year of a 12 year contract with the PGA so we'll be seeing more of Fox coverage. It's nice to get a break from Jonny Miller, Jim Nantz etc... Kinda refreshing to hear from Corey Pavin, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskoff imo.

Dawg61
06-21-2015, 06:49 PM
I'll say this about the course it is one of the toughest courses I've ever seen. Have you seen how the ball lands on these greens? It's ridiculous!! Makes what Dustin Johnson, Spieth, Grace and Day are doing that much more impressive.

shoeless joe
06-21-2015, 06:58 PM
1. The course sucks. The U.S. Open is my favorite golf tournament every year because I think it is the ultimate test of true skill. Good shots rewarded, bad shots punishing, but with a chance to scramble. This course just doesn't give that feel. Sides of mountains are good for skiing, not golf.

2. Day with vertigo is a great story and I really like him. Of course the media is running with it a little too much now. The piece on Day's childhood was just over the top to me. He drinks a little at 12 and his mom punishes him by sending him to a golf academy. I'll bet half of the ED crowd had a few drinks too young too. I WISH my parents would have punished me with a golf academy! I got a heavy hot weedeater and a push mower as a reward. I mean...come on...slow music to go along with that story? Leave it to the Golf Channel to make me want to puke at 8:00 am.

Did they steal that piece from espn? Sounds like a tom rinaldi special.

shoeless joe
06-21-2015, 07:01 PM
Buck sucks for golf but I've enjoyed listening to Greg Norman. One thing that Fox is doing very well is having lots of coverage. Thursday and Friday Fox combined with FoxSports1 had 12 hours of live TV coverage per day and today it's 9 1/2 hours straight just on Fox. I hate turning on a tournament and someone has already posted a 65. I want to see it and Fox is way ahead in this area. The broadcasters will get better. This is their first year of a 12 year contract with the PGA so we'll be seeing more of Fox coverage. It's nice to get a break from Jonny Miller, Jim Nantz etc... Kinda refreshing to hear from Corey Pavin, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskoff imo.

To be honest joe buck is terrible at everything except NFL. He rode his fathers coat tails to being the #1 baseball guy and has been there so long that it's his til be retires...was there anyone worse than buck and mccarver?!?

As far as their golf coverage, it can only get better and I'm sure they will start bringing in some of the more traditional analysts as their coverages continues and grows.

5 Star
06-21-2015, 07:46 PM
The boathouse fire was a nice touch yesterday wasn't it?

5 Star
06-21-2015, 07:47 PM
How in the hell did Fox and especially this golf course get the U.S. open? Terrible. The goats will be back on their land in the morning.
Aren't they in a pretty severe drought? I may be wrong, thought I heard that somewhere.

TheRef
06-21-2015, 09:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

TheRef
06-21-2015, 09:19 PM
OH

MY

GOD

Smitty
06-21-2015, 09:20 PM
Cocaine demand is WA tracking up

GreenheadDawg
06-21-2015, 09:28 PM
I was pulling for Spieth but damn I feel bad for DJ

turkish
06-21-2015, 09:30 PM
My sentiments exactly.

ScottH
06-22-2015, 12:31 AM
I feel bad for DJ

Yes but....

He leaves with just under $900,000 and Paulina Gretzky consoling him.

Both of those cap my feeling bad for him a bit.

Dawg61
06-22-2015, 01:17 AM
DJ choked again!! Brutal

GreenheadDawg
06-22-2015, 06:00 AM
Yes but....

He leaves with just under $900,000 and Paulina Gretzky consoling him.

Both of those cap my feeling bad for him a bit.

Very, very true