PDA

View Full Version : Grayson Gunter

Billy Ray Valentine
06-20-2015, 04:48 PM
I've seen it said on here where he's borderline D1. Just saw where Arkansas offered him.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-20-2015, 04:53 PM
Congrats to the young man. Maybe he'll take that offer.

Todd4State
06-20-2015, 04:58 PM
One thing about MC players for this group- they were so poorly coached last year that HAS to be taken into account when evaluating them. Now, we'll see what happens not that Hall is gone and Peterson is there and see what improvements are made.

msstate7
06-20-2015, 05:00 PM
Bielema seems to have a real eye for talent at TE. If he thinks Gunter is good enough, that's good enough for me

Lance kendricks
Travis beckhum
Garrett graham

And now hunter Henry... Quite a list

Todd4State
06-20-2015, 05:03 PM
Bielema seems to have a real eye for talent at TE. If he thinks Gunter is good enough, that's good enough for me

So does Dan for that matter. If Gunter signs with us, I think he would be in the H-Back/FB mold rather than the H-back/TE mold.

I remember a lot of our fans didn't want Gus Walley at one time and he has turned out to be a solid player.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-20-2015, 05:28 PM
I want Christian Roberson or pass at TE. I'm just not a Gunter fan. I'm sure he's a great kid.

msstate7
06-20-2015, 05:30 PM
I want Christian Roberson or pass at TE. I'm just not a Gunter fan. I'm sure he's a great kid.

Speaking of te's... Will pierce ever wear the maroon and white?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Speaking of te's... Will pierce ever wear the maroon and white?

Not at MSU.

Todd4State
06-20-2015, 06:03 PM

Paul has said before that we are going to take two TE's if I'm not mistaken. It would make some sense for us to take a H-back/FB hybrid because most of our other TE's are H-back/TE types- Walley, Hammond, Christy, Dontae Jones, and Farrod Green.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-20-2015, 06:15 PM
Paul has said before that we are going to take two TE's if I'm not mistaken. It would make some sense for us to take a H-back/FB hybrid because most of our other TE's are H-back/TE types- Walley, Hammond, Christy, Dontae Jones, and Farrod Green.

Gunter isn't really a H-Back/FB type. He's 6'6" 220lbs. He's gonna be 6'6" 240-250lbs. I'm just not high on him. If Dontea goes to prep school for a year then he & Roberson are your 2 TE.

sbcmortgageman
06-20-2015, 08:13 PM
He is favoring Arky as of now.

Thick
06-20-2015, 09:59 PM
Gunter WAS NEVER going to State. His dad hates STATE, and if Arkansas offered, his family could exhale because that was their escape goat. That kid would never help us out in Dan's offense. Before you answer, name one TE in Dan's offense that was 6'6 240/250 that fit his scheme. Gunter is a perfect fit for Arkansas, hell, he doesn't even fit in Hugh's offensive scheme. He's a blocking TE in a 2 tight situation that can be thrown drag routes and fades in redzone situations.

Thick
06-20-2015, 10:03 PM
FYI, his dad is a graduate of Briarcrest and attempted to play football at OM!!

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2015, 10:06 PM
Still glad we offered though because it keeps Ole Miss from getting a free player. By offering, Gunter either goes somewhere else or Ole Miss wastes a scholarship on him.

Thick
06-20-2015, 10:25 PM
Damn, so we are now that petty, that we are hoping OM "wastes" a scholarship. They seem to do that just fine without our help.....Kincade and Buchanan. When you sign a juco QB it's evident you are extremely concerned about the development of your high school signees

Todd4State
06-20-2015, 10:33 PM
Gunter isn't really a H-Back/FB type. He's 6'6" 220lbs. He's gonna be 6'6" 240-250lbs. I'm just not high on him. If Dontea goes to prep school for a year then he & Roberson are your 2 TE.

Oh- I thought he was 6'3" 220.

Bothrops
06-20-2015, 10:40 PM
I don't know about our chances of getting Roberson, it's down to us and Florida. He's from Georgia, so I'd say 50/50 best case, unless he secretly favors us. ??

Ifyouonlyknew
06-20-2015, 11:06 PM
I don't know about our chances of getting Roberson, it's down to us and Florida. He's from Georgia, so I'd say 50/50 best case, unless he secretly favors us. ??

As of today we lead.

ShotgunDawg
06-21-2015, 12:34 AM
Damn, so we are now that petty, that we are hoping OM "wastes" a scholarship. They seem to do that just fine without our help.....Kincade and Buchanan. When you sign a juco QB it's evident you are extremely concerned about the development of your high school signees

I don't think it's petty at all. Those 25 scholarships that each SEC team has are precious, precious things. Any little edge that we can get adds up over time.

I seen it dawg
06-21-2015, 10:30 AM
I doubt we offer kids in the hope and thinking OM will offer and "waste" a scholarship. If we offer a guy it's because we will take the guy if numbers work out not because of trying to manipulate OM.

Drugdog
06-21-2015, 10:39 AM
I know for a fact that Mississippi State treated Gunter and his family very well. They are leaning about 80% towards State, but that was before the Arkansas offer. They showed his family the development program- weight program. Mullen said they would get him up to 250lbs.

Thick
06-21-2015, 03:22 PM
Yeah Drug, but we did the exact same thing with the Rawlings kid. His family are all OM, and Gunter's dad is a former OM player. His dad has told me before that he hates State. Don't care if he goes to MC, don't care if Dan showed the family a great time, if any other SEC team offers he will jump. If OM offers now that Epps is gone....well, Gunter is gone.

Todd4State
06-21-2015, 03:45 PM
Yeah Drug, but we did the exact same thing with the Rawlings kid. His family are all OM, and Gunter's dad is a former OM player. His dad has told me before that he hates State. Don't care if he goes to MC, don't care if Dan showed the family a great time, if any other SEC team offers he will jump. If OM offers now that Epps is gone....well, Gunter is gone.

We did the same thing with Ryan Buchanan and Kalio Moore as well. Personally, I don't mind it- it puts Ole Miss in a bad spot.

That said, I don't think Epps and Gunter are related because Ole Miss took on that TE from Lamar- which to me makes it seem more likely that Epps is related to that situation.

MSUDawg99
06-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Wonder if he'll by chance be out at the camp tomo at MC that Rosebowl is having. I'll be there helpin out with registration. Would be interesting to see who all shows up. Of course, its likely that itll be lesser known HS players, not necessarily sec caliber guys. We'll see. Looking fwd to it, nonetheless.

Todd4State
06-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Wonder if he'll by chance be out at the camp tomo at MC that Rosebowl is having. I'll be there helpin out with registration. Would be interesting to see who all shows up. Of course, its likely that itll be lesser known HS players, not necessarily sec caliber guys. We'll see. Looking fwd to it, nonetheless.

Maybe. Rosebowl's are usually attended by underclassmen more than upperclassmen- but I know a few rising seniors have gone before. These camps are how Rosebowl gets the scoop. And help mold and change the lives of the camp participants for the better.**

It's better than sneaking into the bathroom to check out a recruits physique or stalking them at a club and watching their dance moves- I'll give him that.

Gunter doesn't have anything to prove or gain by going to Rosebowl's camp since he obviously has an offer from us, Arkansas, and I think Tulane maybe has offered as well.