PDA

View Full Version : The disrespect of MSU's offensive success is offensive

dotcomdawg
06-18-2015, 08:28 PM
Dan Mullen's offense doesn't get the respect it deserves.

The MSU offense, with Dak Prescott at the helm and Dan Mullen calling plays, is a true juggernaut. Think of ALL of the potent offenses over ALL of the years in the SEC. Mullen and Prescott's 2014 offense ranks 4th all-time in total offense-- over 513 yards per game. That is HUGE! Names such as Spurrier, Bo, Herschel, and Cam all fall behind Mullen and Prescott when it comes to total yards per game for a team.

Speaking of Cam, he falls behind Dak in the record books for total yards in a season. Of all of the big name quarterbacks in the entire history of the nation's best conference Dak Prescott trails only one player-- Johnny Manziel-- in total yards for a season. Think about that, three Mannings, Tebow, Wuerffel, Grossman and the like, can't surpass Prescott in his junior year playing the 17th toughest schedule in the country.

DeRunya Wilson is a true game changer at receiver, but all of the national press and attention is focused on Laquon Treadwell. Lets look at Wilson (11 games) vs Treadwell (9 games) side by side in 2014

Treadwell 48 receptions, 632 yards, 5 TDs, 13.2 yds per catch
Wilson 47 receptions, 680 yards, 9 TDs, 14.5 yds per catch

Wilson had less receptions for more yards and almost double in the only stat that truly matters- points scored.

"But MSU loses three starters on the offensive line this season." That's the same thing they said last year when we lost previous starters. Looks like the replacements did well enough to warrant concern losing them this year. According to all accounts coming out of Starkville the replacements are more skilled but lack playing time.

Before the 2014 season began, Jameon Lewis was touted as MSU's undisputed playmaker not named Prescott (a billing that was deserved). Yet no one mentions that we had a record-breaking season with one of our best playmakers sitting on the bench for half of the year.

In this era of tempo-oriented offenses, MSU has the fastest-paced offense in the SEC. Many tout tempo, MSU delivers.

Am I bitter? Not at all. With a coach that has proven he can develop players and send them to the NFL, a stable of receivers and running backs returning, and the only quarterback in the SEC who received Heisman votes calling plays, I look for another record-breaking year. If the press doesn't recognize it, that's OK, we'll let the won-loss record do the talking.

Rayburn8
06-18-2015, 08:33 PM
The disrespect of MSU's offensive success is offensive

Eh, I see what you did there.

jbjones
06-18-2015, 09:04 PM
So where'd you get this? Link to the source, please..smells like copypasta (judging from all of the formatting errors). If it's your original posting, then accept my apologies.

dotcomdawg
06-18-2015, 09:58 PM
So where'd you get this? Link to the source, please..smells like copypasta (judging from all of the formatting errors). If it's your original posting, then accept my apologies.

What a strange reply. I wrote it about an hour ago based on researched information. It's all accurate. I don't feel like I need to post footnotes or links, but you can research and verify.

The formatting issue comes from the copy-and-paste I did from the app I wrote it in.

MSUDawg4Life
06-19-2015, 12:46 AM
Let them remain ignorant. I fully expect the offense to be better this year. Our opponents don't need to what's coming. Let them think what they want to think.

coastratdog
06-19-2015, 07:09 AM
You know who doesn't believe all the media garbage; Les Miles, Gus Malzhan, Nick Saban, Freezus, Ark. Guy, Summerlin, need I go on. These men don't read press clippings about their opponents. All these games will be battles. Can't wait.

CousinEddie
06-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Just to be fair, Treadwell didn't play in the last 4 games of the Bearshark's Season...so his numbers compared to DeRunya's in your analysis are skewed.

Coach34
06-19-2015, 02:26 PM
Just to be fair, Treadwell didn't play in the last 4 games of the Bearshark's Season...so his numbers compared to DeRunya's in your analysis are skewed.

Bear missed 2 games himself and sat almost an entire 3rd game- so no, they arent skewed.

Really Clark?
06-19-2015, 02:32 PM

I thought you were kicked off the board last fall. You stayed awful quite for a while to come back and set us straight on UM again.

MSUDawg99
06-19-2015, 02:37 PM
I thought you were kicked off the board last fall. You stayed awful quite for a while to come back and set us straight on UM again.

Ha! I had questioned this response myself. Glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought somethin was off about his response. I'm still a newbie though so I wasn't sure.

Dawgcentral
06-19-2015, 05:59 PM
You know who doesn't believe all the media garbage; Les Miles, Gus Malzhan, Nick Saban, Freezus, Ark. Guy, Summerlin, need I go on. These men don't read press clippings about their opponents. All these games will be battles. Can't wait.

Exactly. I don't think we snuck up on any of these coaches last year. They take us on just like any other top notch SEC opponent. I do believe coming to DWS is much more intimidating then it once was.

Billy Ray Valentine
06-19-2015, 06:29 PM
Defend yourself Cousin Eddie. You've been called out. You a bear or not?

War Machine Dawg
06-19-2015, 10:01 PM

http://i.imgur.com/tVMM5m5.gif

http://i.imgur.com/mqNt9Lv.gif

http://i.imgur.com/nsIVfRS.gif

jbjones
06-19-2015, 10:23 PM
What a strange reply.

How ? It's an obvious copy/paste. That shit is always questionable on ANY forum.

I wrote it about an hour ago based on researched information. It's all accurate. I don't feel like I need to post footnotes or links, but you can research and verify.

Good work.

The formatting issue comes from the copy-and-paste I did from the app I wrote it in.

So preview your post before sending it.

-JB

SDDawg
06-19-2015, 10:56 PM
This was posted on 247 as well.