PDA

View Full Version : LSU QB Jennings arrested today in BR

Coach34
06-18-2015, 06:45 PM
congrats to Bossier City's own Brandon Harris on winning the starting QB job

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/12689249-123/lsu-qb-anthony-jennings-two

TheRef
06-18-2015, 06:47 PM
Probably will get a first half suspension at the most....

turkish
06-18-2015, 06:57 PM
And Trey L for his own assault, allegedly including a female. http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/12688158-123/lsu-football-player-trey-lealaimatafao

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-18-2015, 07:06 PM
And Trey L for his own assault, allegedly including a female. http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/12688158-123/lsu-football-player-trey-lealaimatafao

And it's not his first time being in trouble either:http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/lsu_dt_trey_lealaimatafao_arre.html

ShotgunDawg
06-18-2015, 07:21 PM
While certainly wishing the best for Jennings, how does this effect MSU?

While I'm sure Jennings was the starter for a reason and is probably the better game manager, I do believe Harris has more play making ability.

Therefore, I'm not sure how much I love Jennings potentially being out for our game. With Jennings playing QB for LSU, I feel pretty good about our ability to simply outscore them, but, with Harris, I think it's a little more of a wild card. While we may get a few more picks or fumbles, Harris does have the potential to "light it up" if everything clicks.

However, , if Harris is the QB, I'm glad we get them early. If we beat LSU, then I believe that as the season progresses Harris has the potential beat teams that Jennings would not have.

What are your thoughts?

RDawg90
06-18-2015, 07:24 PM
The Jennings arrest is the worst possible news for us and the best possible news for LSU… He is absolutely pathetic. LSU could now get an upgrade to Brandon Harris, who is just simply pitiful.

spiritual_machine2005
06-18-2015, 07:29 PM
I dont get the Brandon Harris love. He looked good in the 4th quarter of our game when we went to stupid prevent D. But looked like hot garbage against a suspect Auburn defense a couple weeks later.

smootness
06-18-2015, 07:45 PM
I'm pretty sure Harris would have win the job anyway. But yes, anybody scared of him, or any LSU fans who think he can be great due to what he did against us, are in for a surprise.

His ceiling is only pretty good, and he'll probably be no better than mediocre this year.

ShotgunDawg
06-18-2015, 07:48 PM
I dont get the Brandon Harris love. He looked good in the 4th quarter of our game when we went to stupid prevent D. But looked like hot garbage against a suspect Auburn defense a couple weeks later.

I'm not sure there is Brandon Harris love as much as the reality that, while he may suck, he has a better tool set than Jennings. He is faster, quicker, & has a stronger arm.

Harris is a little like Bo Wallace to me, without the resume. Bo was a frustrating QB and probably would have never started at LSU or Bama due to the frustration that the coaches would have with his turnovers. However, while Bo did make a ton of mistakes, he had the ability to make big plays, which always made him & Ole Miss scary on any given day.

I just felt like with Jennings, we were going to win whether he had good game or not, but, with Harris, it's more likely he'll have a bad game, but there's is a chance that his good game beats us.

MSUDawg99
06-18-2015, 08:16 PM
Yeah that Trey LMFAO (or however u pronounce it) got kicked off today too. We're smack dab in mid of the "don't fark up in the offseason" season.

Covercorner2
06-18-2015, 08:20 PM
I re-watched LSUs spring game the other night and was not impressed at all with Harris. He made some really nice throws (like 2), but he also made some absolutely terrible throws and even tried to pull it down and run too early during a spring game with no threat of a sack. Jennings was actually the more consistent, more impressive guy to me. LSU isn't going to be much more improved this season and their schedule is brutal, too.

MSUDawg99
06-18-2015, 08:21 PM
Welp. Apparently there were 4 arrests today.

BeastMan
06-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Harris isn't very good at all. Think about it. Jennings has been so awful it would only take average play to beat him out and Harris couldn't even do that. LSU fans will take this as good news but it doesn't change anything. They are awful at the quarterback position.

RBritt
06-18-2015, 08:26 PM
Coach, who all do you think votes to keep them when they have the team vote?

Coach34
06-18-2015, 08:42 PM
No team members are going to vote anybody off unless they are just absolutely worthless.

Jennings will be back most likely and just have to sit part of the McNeese game or some crap. I really dont care who they have at QB to be honest. It wont matter in Davis Wade Jackie Sherrill Stadium

TUSK
06-18-2015, 09:21 PM
congrats to Bossier City's own Brandon Harris on winning the starting QB job

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/12689249-123/lsu-qb-anthony-jennings-two

yikes.... I'm gonna start adjusting my predictions, now...

Todd4State
06-19-2015, 12:50 AM
I will say that Harris has a rocket launcher for an arm. That part of his game is definitely impressive.