PDA

View Full Version : Poor baby Tuohy

notsofarawaydawg
06-18-2015, 08:02 AM
Michael Oher says 'The Blind Side' has had negative effect on career

Ole Miss Sports
Riley Blevins, The Clarion-Ledger 5:23 p.m. CDT June 17, 2015

OXFORD ? "The Blind Side" turned the Tuohy family and Michael Oher into household names, but the latter apparently isn't a big fan of movie.

The former Ole Miss All-American tackle told ESPN.com that he believes the movie, which profiles his journey from a homeless teen to an eventual first-round draft pick after his college days in Oxford, has had a negative effect on his NFL career.

"I'm not trying to prove anything,'' Oher told ESPN's David Newton. "People look at me, and they take things away from me because of a movie. They don't really see the skills and the kind of player I am. That's why I get downgraded so much, because of something off the field.

"This stuff, calling me a bust, people saying if I can play or not ... that has nothing to do with football. It's something else off the field. That's why I don't like that movie.''

Oher reportedly brought up the movie on Wednesday when a reporter asked if a minicamp spat between him and Carolina Panthers teammate Kony Ealy showed that Oher feels he has a lot to prove after a pair of rough seasons.

Before signing a two-year deal with the Panthers this offseason, Oher was released by the Tennessee Titans after inking a five-year, $20 million contract.

"That's taken away from my football,'' Oher added. "That's why people criticize me. That's why people look at me every single play.''

starkvegasdawg
06-18-2015, 08:12 AM
"I'm not trying to prove anything,'' Oher told ESPN's David Newton. "People look at me, and they take things away from me because of a movie. They don't really see the skills and the kind of player I am. That's why I get downgraded so much, because of something off the field."

So he can't play football any more because of a movie? Wow. I knew bears were delusional but that takes it to a whole new level. Hey Mike, You get downgraded because you stunk up the joint like a day old turd the last two seasons.

AlSwearengen
06-18-2015, 09:47 AM
an unintended victim of the propaganda machine huh?

Tbonewannabe
06-18-2015, 09:55 AM
I think playing LT in the NFL, people will figure out if you suck whether you had a movie about you or not.

It does suck for him that everybody thinks he was a dumbass that a rich white lady had to teach him how to play the football.

starkvegasdawg
06-18-2015, 10:13 AM
rich white lady had to teach him how to play the football.

The fooseball is the debbil.

LC Dawg
06-18-2015, 10:15 AM
It does suck for him that everybody thinks he was a dumbass that a rich white lady had to teach him how to play the football.

She also had to teach Hugh Freeze how to coach the football.

drunkernhelldawg
06-18-2015, 10:38 AM
I sympathize with him. It's painful when people have the wrong idea about you.

Billy Ray Valentine
06-18-2015, 11:15 AM
She also had to teach Hugh Freeze how to coach the football.

This was my favorite part of the movie

CadaverDawg
06-18-2015, 11:36 AM
Aww Cry me a river, Oher. You're a ****ing multi-millionaire, and nobody would know who the hell you are if it wasn't for that movie you're bashing. What a damn crybaby

Mjoelner34
06-18-2015, 12:12 PM
I was wondering if any of his non-athletic siblings got 'adopted' when I found this: http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/20953196/only-on-5-denise-oher-shares-her-side-of-the-blind-side

"Just one of Ms. Oher's 11 living children stays with her. She did not even have a TV to watch the Super Bowl."

No tv for mama? Raven's must not pay shit!

hells bells
06-18-2015, 12:14 PM
Aww Cry me a river, Oher. You're a ****ing multi-millionaire, and nobody would know who the hell you are if it wasn't for that movie you're bashing. What a damn crybaby

I was always under the impression he was not pleased as being portrayed as dumb. With the money he has now he can finance a movie about Powe. He will look brilliant.

drunkernhelldawg
06-18-2015, 12:21 PM

Kind of surprised to see you say this since you know from this board what it's like for people to have the wrong idea about you. Of course, sniffing out those stiffs probably toughens you up.

BossDawg
06-18-2015, 02:06 PM

It sucks that we have so many people in this country gullible enough to believe that a rich white lady and her husband adopted some "homeless" blue chip athlete out of the "goodness of their hearts".

Tbonewannabe
06-18-2015, 02:18 PM
Yes it is funny that she had to teach him the foosball but he was one of the highest ranked Oline in the state for his grade.

scottycameron
06-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Kind of surprised to see you say this since you know from this board what it's like for people to have the wrong idea about you. Of course, sniffing out those stiffs probably toughens you up.

what is this codespeak? There has always been something a little off with this board that i don't know about. I guess I wasn't on it at the start and missed out on chapter one where it was disclosed never to be mentioned again?
This is starting to bug me. OUT WITH IT!

drunkernhelldawg
06-18-2015, 02:54 PM
what is this codespeak? There has always been something a little off with this board that i don't know about. I guess I wasn't on it at the start and missed out on chapter one where it was disclosed never to be mentioned again?
This is starting to bug me. OUT WITH IT!

People accuse people of stuff. Repeating it only gives those stupid accusations credence. That's why I'm incapable of repeating it.

Coach34
06-18-2015, 03:29 PM
what is this codespeak?!

He was accused of being drunk

CadaverDawg
06-18-2015, 03:46 PM

Oh, I totally agree that it sucks when people have the wrong idea about you. That being said, he has been in the NFL several years making big money, so that movie hasn't hurt his NFL career. That's what he was complaining about, and what I was commenting on. Also, did they not have to get his permission to use his name and stuff in that movie? Maybe not. Either way, I hate it for him if he thinks people think he's dumb, but the NFL has proven time after time that dumb still gets paid if you can play. Besides, he is obviously smart enough to play OL in the NFL, and that takes some smarts.

So in conclusion, if he wants to complain about being portrayed as dumb, when he's not...I feel for him. But to just state that the movie hurt his NFL career is BS bc he's had a job for years making TONS of money..so how can he say it hurt his NFL career? It just comes across as a guy that is getting past his prime and is now blaming something that gave him tons of pub, and made him a household name, for his decline as an OL in the league.

My opinion has nothing to do with him as a person, and if he had stated it the way you are claiming you "feel for him", I would feel the same way. But he didn't.

Gen. Grant
06-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Puss

I seen it dawg
06-18-2015, 08:53 PM
What a whiny bitch. Shut your fat sack of monkey shit ass up and just play football and keep cashing fat checks.