PDA

View Full Version : Bammer 4-star RB signee Flowers ruled ineligible this year

Coach34
06-17-2015, 09:47 PM
odd considering he enrolled early and went thru Spring practice

hells bells
06-17-2015, 09:52 PM

Must be more to the story than this. Of course Freeze, ie " The Joel Olsten of Coaches", can bring him in to the Cathedral and make all right.

Schultzy
06-17-2015, 10:04 PM
Even Jerrell Powe in his best annual pre season football, Clarion-Ledger, library, studious, with glasses on scholarly sweater vest look says...wtf?!

starkvegasdawg
06-17-2015, 10:08 PM
Guess they'll just have to depend on their 14 5 star RB's now.

Todd4State
06-17-2015, 10:08 PM
My guess is he didn't pass his classes in the spring?

Schultzy
06-17-2015, 10:14 PM
He must be the worst 4* running back in the history of recruiting. Are you sure his last name isn't Feldman?

shannondawg
06-18-2015, 08:26 AM
No body tol him he had to go to class to play football.

TUSK
06-18-2015, 08:34 AM

that's ok, Coach... we just got a 5 star RB from Germany: http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?31926-Does-MSU-have-7-man-football-too

MSUDawg99
06-18-2015, 09:16 AM
that's ok, Coach... we just got a 5 star RB from Germany: http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?31926-Does-MSU-have-7-man-football-too

TUSK, honest question & don't bite my head off for asking...I'm still new to the msg board game (Dec 2014 is not an accurate join date- didn't know I previously signed up for an acct) so I don't know the answer to these. What is your connection to Bama? Are you a grad? Do you live in Bama? What's your reason/curiosity for wanting to be on ED? Again, just curious is the only reason I'm asking. Not criticizing.

TUSK
06-18-2015, 09:25 AM
TUSK, honest question & don't bite my head off for asking...I'm still new to the msg board game (Dec 2014 is not an accurate join date- didn't know I previously signed up for an acct) so I don't know the answer to these. What is your connection to Bama? Are you a grad? Do you live in Bama? What's your reason/curiosity for wanting to be on ED? Again, just curious is the only reason I'm asking. Not criticizing.

it's cool, I don't offend easily...
What is your connection to Bama? Attended a couple years before I partied away my skolly and enlisted in the Marines.
Are you a grad? No.
Do you live in Bama? Yep, about halfway between Vegas and TitleTown
What's your reason/curiosity for wanting to be on ED? i don't like Bammer MSG boards bc I get little unbiased info there and most of them are batshit nuts; this board has a Poli Forum, too; I've some buddies here... several other reasons...

Other Likes: Thunderstorms, long walks on the beach, and unicorns.*

MSUDawg99
06-18-2015, 09:38 AM
What is your connection to Bama? Attended a couple years before I partied away my skolly and enlisted in the Marines.
Are you a grad? No.
What's your reason/curiosity for wanting to be on ED? i don't like Bammer MSG boards bc I get little unbiased info there and most of them are batshit nuts; this board has a Poli Forum, too; I've some buddies here... several other reasons...

Oh ok. Cool. What were you there on skolly for?

Your other likes....nice! Ha!

TUSK
06-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Oh ok. Cool. What were you there on skolly for?

Your other likes....nice! Ha!

Academics.... however, my BAC was higher than my GPA.

Tbonewannabe
06-18-2015, 09:44 AM
Are you a grad? No.

So if you had a long walk on the beach with a unicorn during a thunderstorm would that be better than Bama winning another title?

MSUDawg99
06-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Academics.... however, my BAC was higher than my GPA.

Word! My freshman year was just stupid too.

TUSK
06-18-2015, 09:53 AM
So if you had a long walk on the beach with a unicorn during a thunderstorm would that be better than Bama winning another title?

Maybe.... You've got to quantify some things:

1) Does the Unicorn and/or do I get struck by lightning?
2) Only one more title EVER?
3) Do I get to keep the unicorn?

Tbonewannabe
06-18-2015, 09:59 AM
Maybe.... You've got to quantify some things:

1) Does the Unicorn and/or do I get struck by lightning?
2) Only one more title EVER?
3) Do I get to keep the unicorn?

The unicorn gets struck by lightning but gives you unicorn powers by transference so you now have the power of rainbows.
No Bama titles for at least 10 years.
You keep the unicorn but it might not live from the lightning strike.

MSUDawg99
06-18-2015, 10:06 AM
TUSK, is Harvey Updyke on any Bammer msg boards? What about PAWWLLLLL? Do yall allow any AUB fans on your msg boards or no?

TUSK
06-18-2015, 10:34 AM
The unicorn gets struck by lightning but gives you unicorn powers by transference so you now have the power of rainbows.
No Bama titles for at least 10 years.
You keep the unicorn but it might not live from the lightning strike.

Wow. Ten years????

I'll go 3 years max..... Four years IF the unicorn lives & I keep said unicorn powers...

TUSK
06-18-2015, 10:41 AM
TUSK, is Harvey Updyke on any Bammer msg boards? What about PAWWLLLLL? Do yall allow any AUB fans on your msg boards or no?

I don't know... but I'd be shocked Updyke didn't have a presence on at least one of em... Finebaum probably has an ESPN lackey monitor all of em,,, but his show is a real life message board, so I doubt he bothers...

There might be some Bammer boards that tolerate Barners, and I know Wayne's AU Board has some Bammers on it....

BiscuitEater
06-18-2015, 10:52 AM
Guess they'll just have to depend on their 14 5 star RB's now.

and I won't lose any sleep over it BUT, Bama is really thin at RB. Lost 4x 4 star RBs since JanEntering fall, they have:

- Derrick Henry JR 6-3, 241 had 172 carries / 990 yards .. #2 rusher behind Yeldon
- Kenyan Drake SR 6-1, 202 little used SR .. had 22 / 112 yards .. #6 leading rusher
- Damien Harris FR zero experience

- Ronnie Clark FRrs spent time at DB in Spring .. probable moved to RB full time in the fall

Bama has lost:

- Altee Tenpenny (26 / 136 yards) #5 rusher .. transferred out in spring
- Bo Scarbrough FR tore ACL .. will miss this season
- Tyren Jones (36 / 224 yards) #4 rusher .. dismissed after arrest while already suspended
- DeSherrius Flowers FR Early spring enrollee .. Bama discovered an eligibility issue and he won't enroll in the fall

LC Dawg
06-18-2015, 10:54 AM
TUSK is on Elitedawgs because Bama message boards are used mainly for finding the best meth, paternity investigations, and comparing Saban tattoos on giant female asses.

TUSK
06-18-2015, 11:13 AM
and I won't lose any sleep over it BUT, Bama is really thin at RB. Lost 4x 4 star RBs since JanEntering fall, they have:

- Derrick Henry JR 6-3, 241 had 172 carries / 990 yards .. #2 rusher behind Yeldon
- Kenyan Drake SR 6-1, 202 little used SR .. had 22 / 112 yards .. #6 leading rusher
- Damien Harris FR zero experience

- Ronnie Clark FRrs spent time at DB in Spring .. probable moved to RB full time in the fall

Bama has lost:

- Altee Tenpenny (26 / 136 yards) #5 rusher .. transferred out in spring
- Bo Scarbrough FR tore ACL .. will miss this season
- Tyren Jones (36 / 224 yards) #4 rusher .. dismissed after arrest while already suspended
- DeSherrius Flowers FR Early spring enrollee .. Bama discovered an eligibility issue and he won't enroll in the fall

Drake is legit, but he's more the Reggie Bush type runner.... not a "bruiser"... he broke like 32 bones in his leg last year, so he didn't play much... he's a burner with great hands... I'd hope and expect him to have 700-800 yards rushing...

Henry was actually Bama's leading rusher last year and should easily eclipse the 1000 yard mark...

Both will be drafted next year, IMO...

Beyond those two, it's a crapshoot. Harris is supposed to be awesome, but who knows....

notoriousdog
06-18-2015, 01:49 PM
They'll be a little thin, but I don't think they'll hurt that much. Henry is a beast, Drake is solid, and Damien Harris a 5-star #1 RB recruit. It is crazy that they have lost so many guys though.