PDA

View Full Version : Time to enter sports Hell. So let's predict the upcoming season....again.

Rayburn8
06-16-2015, 11:26 PM
The Long NBA season is over, which means for me that sports hell has started until CFB season starts. So to celebrate it is time for a prediction thread.

@So. Miss.-W-(45-0)-Absolutely no contest, huge victory. Good game to give Dak and the new OLine time to jell and work through all the kinks.
LSU-W-(38-21)Really excited for this game, honestly LSU is not much improved from last year. They still don't have a QB, Fournette will be a problem but run defense should be our strong point on defense.
Northwestern St.-W-(60-0)-See @So. Miss.
@Auburn-L-(38-45)-This is the game that scares me more than any other. Both teams will have shaky secondaries so expect a shootout. Dak has a huge game but like always Auburn will score late on some random bull shite play.
@Texas A&M-W-(38-17)-Don't really see much improvement. Chavis will help, but he can only do so much with crappy players. That defense is pretty much Myles Garrett and ten other guys. State gets up early and the defense puts A&M away.
Troy-W-(31-21)-The annual, "Piss my pants, we are going to lose to F***ing (Random shitty team) game!!" After back to back road games, a tired State team will get to a slow start and fall to a 14-7 early deficit, but end up having a big second half.
Lous. Tech-W-(35-10)-See @So. Miss.
Kentucky-W-(45-17)-Kentucky might as well of sent Bud Dupree out by himself on defense last year, he is gone. This will be a home blowout that will give Dak and the starters time to rest before the BYE week.
BYE
@Mizzou-W-(21-17)-Both teams look like dogshit coming off the BYE weeks. Dak hits Bear for a go ahead TD late in the fourth quarter.
Bama-W-(31-24)- Bama will struggle this year, Coker will not be half as good as Sims was. They really don't have any receivers to take advantage of the week secondary, and so far OJ Howard has been nothing but hype. State, however, does have the receivers to take advantage of Bama's week secondary. Bama is still Bama and Saban is still Saban so they will score, but Dak and crew get the job done and Mullen now has wins over every SEC West team.
@Arky-L-(24-17)-Arky could win the west. They struggle to throw, but will have an unstoppable run game. The defense will be much I'm proved. In a ugly game the Hogs take it.
TSUN-W-(400000000000000-0)-cause frick em.

LC Dawg
06-17-2015, 08:16 AM
15-0 and we beat Michigan 57-0 in the championship game. During the post game handshake Mullen tells Harbaugh that if he ever has another satellite camp in the south he will personally whip his ass worse than what is on the scoreboard.

SDDawg
06-17-2015, 08:42 AM
15-0 and we beat Michigan 57-0 in the championship game. During the post game handshake Mullen tells Harbaugh that if he ever has another satellite camp in the south he will personally whip his ass worse than what is on the scoreboard.

Please lock the thread after this comment. Nothing else needs to be said.

cbrunt29
06-17-2015, 09:37 AM
You win, my friend

confucius say
06-17-2015, 09:44 AM
The Long NBA season is over, which means for me that sports hell has started until CFB season starts. So to celebrate it is time for a prediction thread.

@So. Miss.-W-(45-0)-Absolutely no contest, huge victory. Good game to give Dak and the new OLine time to jell and work through all the kinks.
LSU-W-(38-21)Really excited for this game, honestly LSU is not much improved from last year. They still don't have a QB, Fournette will be a problem but run defense should be our strong point on defense.
Northwestern St.-W-(60-0)-See @So. Miss.
@Auburn-L-(38-45)-This is the game that scares me more than any other. Both teams will have shaky secondaries so expect a shootout. Dak has a huge game but like always Auburn will score late on some random bull shite play.
@Texas A&M-W-(38-17)-Don't really see much improvement. Chavis will help, but he can only do so much with crappy players. That defense is pretty much Myles Garrett and ten other guys. State gets up early and the defense puts A&M away.
Troy-W-(31-21)-The annual, "Piss my pants, we are going to lose to F***ing (Random shitty team) game!!" After back to back road games, a tired State team will get to a slow start and fall to a 14-7 early deficit, but end up having a big second half.
Lous. Tech-W-(35-10)-See @So. Miss.
Kentucky-W-(45-17)-Kentucky might as well of sent Bud Dupree out by himself on defense last year, he is gone. This will be a home blowout that will give Dak and the starters time to rest before the BYE week.
BYE
@Mizzou-W-(21-17)-Both teams look like dogshit coming off the BYE weeks. Dak hits Bear for a go ahead TD late in the fourth quarter.
Bama-W-(31-24)- Bama will struggle this year, Coker will not be half as good as Sims was. They really don't have any receivers to take advantage of the week secondary, and so far OJ Howard has been nothing but hype. State, however, does have the receivers to take advantage of Bama's week secondary. Bama is still Bama and Saban is still Saban so they will score, but Dak and crew get the job done and Mullen now has wins over every SEC West team.
@Arky-L-(24-17)-Arky could win the west. They struggle to throw, but will have an unstoppable run game. The defense will be much I'm proved. In a ugly game the Hogs take it.
TSUN-W-(400000000000000-0)-cause frick em.

Why do you think ark defense will be much improved?

Bothrops
06-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Southern Miss W 50-6
LSU W 32-31
NW ST W 48-0
Auburn L 38-34
Texas A&M L 40-35
Troy W 49-13
LA Tech W 42-17
Kentucky W 34-28
Missouri W 30-28
Alabama L 24-22
Arkansas L 33-20
Ole Miss W 27-24

I may flip A&M and Mizzou later.

Anyway, 8-4 "Season of the Nail biter"

cbrunt29
06-17-2015, 11:24 AM
USmM W 52-0
LSU- W 41-31
NWST- W 45-7
Auburn- L 34-28
A&M- W 45-41
Troy- W 31-17
LA Tech- W 38-10
Kentucky- W 44-28
Mizzou- L 31-27
Bama- W 38-35
Arky- L 28-24
Mississippi- W 27-21

9-3 (5-3)

codeDawg
06-17-2015, 11:31 AM
We beat UK, but that's going to be another tough one. That game broke us last year. Dak and Robinson were not the same after that game. Our defense has to put us in a better position to win. We can't have our star offensive players trading blows against teams like UK if we want to compete for the West.

The good news is that we have good depth at both of those positions this year and hopefully Dak can sit a little bit more through the easy games, or at least not run the ball. As much shit as we gave the coaches for 1A / 1B, the offense didn't sit enough when they should have had the opportunity.

drunkernhelldawg
06-17-2015, 12:25 PM
It's going to be easier to say after we see them play. We've got to play at a higher level than we did at the end of last season if we want to do better than 7-5. I'd like to be more optimistic. Whatever happens, I'm going to enjoy the season and the games.

smootness
06-17-2015, 12:52 PM
Yeah, if Arkansas's defense is much improved, we're all screwed. Their defense was their calling card last year, and they lost their best players there.

I don't really see the big jump from them that many seem to expect. I think they'll be mostly what they were last year - a tough team that loses a lot of close games. They will have a strong run game again and a pretty good QB, but their defense should take a small step back.

NCDawg
06-17-2015, 01:59 PM
We beat UK, but that's going to be another tough one. That game broke us last year. Dak and Robinson were not the same after that game. Our defense has to put us in a better position to win. We can't have our star offensive players trading blows against teams like UK if we want to compete for the West.

The good news is that we have good depth at both of those positions this year and hopefully Dak can sit a little bit more through the easy games, or at least not run the ball. As much shit as we gave the coaches for 1A / 1B, the offense didn't sit enough when they should have had the opportunity.

We don't need to be trying shove people out of bounds like we did in the Kentucky and the Orange Bowl last year. We need to put a shoulder into them and make sure they go down.

MSUDawg99
06-17-2015, 02:49 PM
We don't need to be trying shove people out of bounds like we did in the Kentucky and the Orange Bowl last year. We need to put a shoulder into them and make sure they go down.

Yeah back to the basics of tackling. Manny will handle this, I feel sure.

BulldogBear
06-17-2015, 02:52 PM
I feel like this has been a problem for years.

I seen it dawg
06-17-2015, 03:57 PM
State wins sec west