PDA

View Full Version : How does Vandy get all that talent to come to school

bulldogcountry1
06-16-2015, 09:32 PM
When they know they will have to listen to that jackass whistler for at least 3 years?

msstate7
06-16-2015, 09:35 PM
Bc they're the premier program at putting guys in mlb and you get a top notch education to boot

Dawgface
06-16-2015, 09:38 PM
Bc they're the premier program at putting guys in mlb and you get a top notch education to boot

Yep, hard to beat a degree from Vandy. Nice to have that degree in hip pocket if baseball doesn't work out.

I seen it dawg
06-16-2015, 09:46 PM
And Nashville on top of it

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 09:48 PM
It's not like they just started doing this. This has been going on consistently for them for 10+ years. When you do that, you develop a reputation and you get more and more players over the years. It's a process.

messageboardsuperhero
06-16-2015, 09:48 PM
In no particular order:

They win
They put tons of players into MLB
They offer a great education
They can offer minorities full scholarships and additional "need based" scholarships- then spend all their allotted baseball schollys on really elite players- which gives them an advantage over schools like us who have to actually play by the rules.

I seen it dawg
06-16-2015, 09:51 PM
And their coaching staff is excellent....they run their Dakota Hudson out as a freshman to close..we have to send ours to the cape after his second season to learn to pitch.

Homedawg
06-16-2015, 09:52 PM
When they know they will have to listen to that jackass whistler for at least 3 years?

That damn guy drives me crazy.

msstate7
06-16-2015, 09:56 PM
And their coaching staff is excellent....they run their Dakota Hudson out as a freshman to close..we have to send ours to the cape after his second season to learn to pitch.

Not many college coaches wouldve pulled their starter like Corbin did there. Respecting a kid's arm (110 pitches) even on the big stage in a shutout is a good way to get elite pitching talent to keep coming

I seen it dawg
06-16-2015, 10:11 PM
That damn guy drives me crazy.

He and the LSU guy that spends his whole night walking around the stadium yelling

FlabLoser
06-16-2015, 10:19 PM
With the P5 being able to write whatever rules it wants and money growing on trees - why does baseball still not have enough scholarships? Title IX?

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 10:46 PM
With the P5 being able to write whatever rules it wants and money growing on trees - why does baseball still not have enough scholarships? Title IX?

Well, the P5 hasn't broken away yet. But yes, Title IX and MLB doesn't care about baseball to supplement baseball scholarships.

I guarantee you that if we had the same advantage as Vanderbilt, the SEC and NCAA would have shut it down real quick like Jackie with his JUCO's and making them have to take extra classes and such.

Vinsanity
06-16-2015, 11:08 PM
Anybody have a video of this whistler. I've never heard it before.

Jack Lambert
06-17-2015, 07:04 AM
Lets not forget they don't have 1/2 or 1/3 scholarships. They get the full meal deal.,

SheltonChoked
06-17-2015, 07:27 AM
^^^^. THIS. VANDY is able to give full ride scholorships to minority's.

That combined with a very good coaching staff, living in Nashville, and etc

starkvegasdawg
06-17-2015, 07:43 AM

And if they go to Vandy, they're smart enough to make their own money.

http://thedirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/vandy.jpg

maroonmania
06-17-2015, 09:05 AM
Lets not forget they don't have 1/2 or 1/3 scholarships. They get the full meal deal.,

Yep, baseball is the one sport where it is actually a huge advantage to be a private school. They can dole out non-athletic scholarships like crazy without the State looking over their shoulder monitoring it.

Sam&DeansDawg
06-17-2015, 09:45 AM
And Nashville on top of it

I would take Nashville over every college town in the SEC.. depending on the school of course.

maroonmania
06-17-2015, 09:58 AM
I would take Nashville over every college town in the SEC.. depending on the school of course.

Yea, because Nashville is not a "college town", its a city that just happens to have a college in it. Big difference. Would be like saying Atlanta is a college town just because GT is there.

Dawg61
06-17-2015, 12:06 PM
Yea, because Nashville is not a "college town", its a city that just happens to have a college in it. Big difference. Would be like saying Atlanta is a college town just because GT is there.

UCLA is in a nice college town

dawgs
06-17-2015, 12:11 PM
They teach freshmen how to hit HRs at TD ameritrade park instead of deciding it'll be too difficult to hit HRs in general and teaching them the finer points of unnecessary bunting and slap hitting.

5 Star
06-17-2015, 04:35 PM
They offer a great education
They can offer minorities full scholarships and additional "need based" scholarships- then spend all their allotted baseball schollys on really elite players- which gives them an advantage over schools like us who have to actually play by the rules.
These are the big ones. These are the built-in advantages they have, and they are big ones. Until Corbin, they had just never attracted a good enough coach for whatever reason.