PDA

View Full Version : Eli vs Dak

dotcomdawg
06-16-2015, 07:59 PM
Eli 2002 (Jr year) 279/481 3,401 yds, 7.1 yds per attempt, 21 tds, 15 ints, -120 yds rushing, 2 tds

Dak 2014 (Jr year) 244/396 3,499 yds, 8.7 yds per attempt, 27 tds, 11 ints, 986 yds rushing 15 tds

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 08:11 PM
Dak is going to blow Eli's career out of the water as long as he stays healthy. Eli had 89 career TD's and Dak is already at 75 for his career. And you have to remember- Eli started for three years and Dak shared time with Tyler his sophomore year.

It's context because of the types of players that they are obviously- but if Dak had a monster season passing and had 43 TD passes, he would tie Eli. Now, I don't think that will happen because Dak would have to average about 4 TD passes a game to do it. It would be awesome if it happened.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Great minds think alike haha I sent this to my om buddy yesterday.

FlabLoser
06-16-2015, 08:34 PM
But NAFOOM told me Dak has better passing stats because spread offenses throw a lot.

Hey lookie there, Dak has about 100 fewer attempts and still had better numbers.

RDawg90
06-16-2015, 08:39 PM
Dak is obviously the better college player, but I will say this, I think Mullen's scheme is light years ahead of what Manning played in… Plus we are in the middle of a numbers era with these spread/tempo offenses. But at the end of the day, Prescott gives you a chance to win every game you play because of his diverse skill set. Eli, with the lack of talent he had in that scheme & and his lack of mobility, did not.

FlabLoser
06-16-2015, 08:51 PM
Dam may be in a better scheme - but who's fault was that? The spread was around in Eli's day.

Dak threw a lot fewer passes and had better passing stats.

No question whatsoever Dak is the better college QB.

Coach34
06-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Anybody calling Eli a better college QB than Dakota needs to be on govt disability and have Meals on Wheels bringing them food so they dont hurt themselves

RougeDawg
06-16-2015, 08:59 PM
The only debatable topic between the two is which Three Letter name is easier to spell by a kindergarten class.

662dawg
06-16-2015, 09:02 PM
Eli 2002 (Jr year) 279/481 3,401 yds, 7.1 yds per attempt, 21 tds, 15 ints, -120 yds rushing, 2 tds

Dak 2014 (Jr year) 244/396 3,499 yds, 8.7 yds per attempt, 27 tds, 11 ints, 986 yds rushing 15 tds

Im sure I'll take a lot of flack from rebals but I already have an article written comparing the two 😁

messageboardsuperhero
06-16-2015, 09:30 PM
Dak is obviously the better college player, but I will say this, I think Mullen's scheme is light years ahead of what Manning played in… Plus we are in the middle of a numbers era with these spread/tempo offenses. But at the end of the day, Prescott gives you a chance to win every game you play because of his diverse skill set. Eli, with the lack of talent he had in that scheme & and his lack of mobility, did not.

UM's system with David Cutcliffe was pretty damn QB-friendly for its time- and I'd say that Mullen's system is far friendlier to the running game than it is to the passing game. 500 more passing yards, 6 more TDs, and 4 fewer INTs in 85 fewer attempts is pretty tough to ignore.

And all this doesn't even include Dak's ridiculous advantage with his feet. As a COLLEGE QB, there is absolutely a case to be made that Dak is better.

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 09:57 PM

I don't know about the scheme argument. Cutcliffe is and was a very respected offensive coach, so it's not like Woody McCorvey was his OC. I'm pretty sure Ole Miss threw the ball as much as possible to try to pad Eli's numbers as much as possible as well- he certainly seemed to have his share of two yard TD passes.

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 10:00 PM
One thing that has to be looked at to as far as QB's go is wins. Eli won 7 games his first two years- and they actually got snubbed from a bowl because of us his sophomore year. His junior year they went to the Independence bowl but were 6-6 and got the 7th win against a bad Nebraska team. Then they had the coffee table book dream season where they won 10 games his senior year.

Basically as long as Dak gets us to a bowl, he will equal Eli in that department as well. Also, Dak has a defining Egg Bowl moment that Eli really doesn't have and that has to carry some weight in Mississippi as well.

RDawg90
06-16-2015, 10:20 PM
I don't know about the scheme argument. Cutcliffe is and was a very respected offensive coach, so it's not like Woody McCorvey was his OC. I'm pretty sure Ole Miss threw the ball as much as possible to try to pad Eli's numbers as much as possible as well- he certainly seemed to have his share of two yard TD passes.

You can't honestly argue that Cut's system is conducive to the quarterback putting up the numbers that Mullen's allows. Don't get your panties in a wad because I didn't openly bash Manning, making him seem like an overhyped loser. I said Dak is "obviously the better college player." Ease up, don't piss your pants over it…. You too messageboardsuperhero

I seen it dawg
06-16-2015, 10:25 PM
You mad bro?

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 10:32 PM
You can't honestly argue that Cut's system is conducive to the quarterback putting up the numbers that Mullen's allows. Don't get your panties in a wad because I didn't openly bash Manning, making him seem like an overhyped loser. I said Dak is "obviously the better college player." Ease up, don't piss your pants over it…. You too messageboardsuperhero

Panties in a wad? OK.

As far as Eli being an overhyped loser- let's be honest he wouldn't get the hype he has had it not been for his last name.

Coach34
06-16-2015, 10:38 PM
You can't honestly argue that Cut's system is conducive to the quarterback putting up the numbers that Mullen's allows.

He threw 85 more passes than Prescott in a season. Yes- that is more conducive to the QB putting up passing numbers

Coach34
06-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Panties in a wad? OK.

As far as Eli being an overhyped loser- let's be honest he wouldn't get the hype he has had it not been for his last name.

Eli has thrown the most interceptions in the NFL for the last 10 years...at least he leads in one stat

I seen it dawg
06-16-2015, 10:47 PM
Eli is a shitbag

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 10:52 PM
Eli has thrown the most interceptions in the NFL for the last 10 years...at least he leads in one stat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWcw3wtFpCk

Sorry for the music.

Political Hack
06-17-2015, 09:20 AM
Dak should be compared to Tebow, Cam, and Vince Young. Eli is child's play. We're talking about true Heisman contenders here.