PDA

View Full Version : WWC: US vs Nigeria Official Thread.....

War Machine Dawg
06-16-2015, 07:13 PM
Tied early, but the US has had several good chances. Had a goal negated for offsides against Julie Johnston. I gotta be honest, it was close. She was on as I see it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Whoever thought it was a good idea to put the USA on FS+ is a ****ing idiot.

War Machine Dawg
06-16-2015, 07:35 PM
It's on Fox National for me. And dammit, we're so close to scoring. Gotta punch one in, letting Nigeria hang around isn't good.

War Machine Dawg
06-16-2015, 07:37 PM
Is it just me or are these women officials ****ing terrible? Two games in a row full of terrible calls. Johnston offsides and no handball so far tonight.

War Machine Dawg
06-16-2015, 07:46 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! Wambach in 44th minute with her foot.

US 1 - Nigeria 0 at HT.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-16-2015, 08:20 PM
It's on Fox National for me. And dammit, we're so close to scoring. Gotta punch one in, letting Nigeria hang around isn't good.

Obviously I'm the idiot haha didn't even think to check the national station...that was almost another one there.

Charlie_Sheen420
06-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Other than that goal, Wambach has not played well. I think at this point it would be better to use her as a sub and start Leroux and Morgan.

War Machine Dawg
06-16-2015, 11:08 PM
Other than that goal, Wambach has not played well. I think at this point it would be better to use her as a sub and start Leroux and Morgan.

She was a whole lot better tonight. Several good passes forward. The problem is she isn't in full game shape, I think. But I agree that I think we'd be better served using her as a sub.

I really like what Leroux gives us, though. That girl is FAST and creates instant scoring chances. She just needs playing time and learn to be a little smarter with the ball. I nearly lost it when she made that insane pass back into the midfield late in the game. Had she kept it and forced the defender to stop her or cross it, we'd have had an instant scoring chance. Instead, Nigeria recovered and had a decent counter.

Also, Julie Johnston is a boss. Girl can flat play some D and is pretty nasty on offense, too.