PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we contacted Kiel

Big4Dawg
04-02-2013, 02:02 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20130402/SPORTS030103/130402020/Ex-Notre-Dame-QB-Gunner-Kiel-interested-Ole-Miss

So did OM of course.

WutheringDawg
04-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Says in the article that he wants to start in 14. I would love to have him in here but I can't see him beating out Dak as the starter next year so I don't know serious this is.

ComradeDawg
04-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Says in the article that he wants to start in 14. I would love to have him in here but I can't see him beating out Dak as the starter next year so I don't know serious this is.

Shit man, get his ass on campus and throw him on the field. two birds with one stone. He wont be playing for the bears and he will have a shot to win our starting job. if he cant, screw him and put Dak out there...

i'm ready to see some ruthlessnes from Mullen. he needs to start making the hard moves to win some damn games...

WutheringDawg
04-02-2013, 02:21 PM
No, I mean I don't think he's going to go anywhere that he isn't the sure fire starter on day 1 of 2014. I'd love to get him on campus but I doubt it happens. Think his odds of going to Oxford are even smaller though, depending on how Bo looks this year.

FISHDAWG
04-02-2013, 02:22 PM
he has to sit out a year anyway

Drewbowski
04-02-2013, 02:41 PM
he has to sit out a year anyway

sit 2013, start 2014

AsphaltFunk
04-02-2013, 02:46 PM
We need bodies at qb, cord is far from guaranteed to be on campus. Let him and Dak compete. Though I see ole miss getting him since we don't like to hurt our qb's feelings

Big4Dawg
04-02-2013, 03:01 PM
We need bodies at qb, cord is far from guaranteed to be on campus. Let him and Dak compete. Though I see ole miss getting him since we don't like to hurt our qb's feelings

I think it is opposite. Freeze will tell him he can come in and start. Mullen will tell him he will have to come in and work for it.

quickstrike2
04-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Automatically i expect Ole Miss to get him. Throwing to Treadwell will be the sales pitch and the icing on the cake will be Hugh Freeze Sunday morning devotionals for the Kiel's home church.

ComradeDawg
04-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Automatically i expect Ole Miss to get him. Throwing to Treadwell will be the sales pitch and the icing on the cake will be Hugh Freeze Sunday morning devotionals for the Kiel's home church.

Bullshit. This kid is obviously being run by his family and friends and isnt insterested in whats best for him or he would have satyed at ND. bears will cut him a check and he'll sit the bench for 2 more years and play a little in his senior year. we need to push him HARD right now to get him on campus for a visit. let him see what Dan is planning for the offense and notice our depth at QB. once he gets in the locker room, he'll want to play for us...

quickstrike2
04-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Bullshit. This kid is obviously being run by his family and friends and isnt insterested in whats best for him or he would have satyed at ND. bears will cut him a check and he'll sit the bench for 2 more years and play a little in his senior year. we need to push him HARD right now to get him on campus for a visit. let him see what Dan is planning for the offense and notice our depth at QB. once he gets in the locker room, he'll want to play for us...

I hope so, i want him at State. I am just citing the transfer history of the bears.

TopDog58
04-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Won't Bo Wallace be a senior in 14? Don't see Freezus promising anything to a transfer when he would have a senior 3rd year starter sitting on the roster.

Coach34
04-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Freeze will tell him he can come in and start. Mullen will tell him he will have to come in and work for it.

This is pretty much what will happen

Big4Dawg
04-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Expect Wallace is going pro early**

ComradeDawg
04-02-2013, 03:20 PM
I am just citing the transfer history of the bears.

which hasnt worked out to well for them in the past. That oregon criminal, Snead and that memphis kid who went to West Virgina have all sucked it up. Let them try to sell him on that transfer record, Dan just has to point it out to the kids family and they wont let him see foot in the grove.

ComradeDawg
04-02-2013, 03:22 PM

That would be fantastic!!! Like when, this season or after 2013? i thought he was hurt right now? hopefully he wont tell anyone and the bears wont know they have an issue until they are staring a new season in the face...

msstate7
04-02-2013, 03:24 PM

I don't think that would be a good decision by Wallace.

Blueindian
04-02-2013, 03:37 PM
My guess is he will end up at tennessee in the end if he chooses an sec school.

Big4Dawg
04-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Their expected QB this year is a Junior.

Blueindian
04-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Wherever he chooses to go he will have to sit out a year. With that being the situation it would be similar to him coming to state. I would love for him to come here and I hope he does. But just being a realist if he chooses an sec school I see him picking Tennessee over us.

Todd4State
04-02-2013, 05:20 PM
If he goes to Ole Miss, they risk some big time dissention if they get Kiel and start him right away. They also risk losing their experienced QB to transfer and the may not even get his senior year out of him.

I could see it causing the same problems here with Dak as well.

On top of that, he doesn't really fit what Freeze wants to do, or Mullen for that matter.

Why not Alabama? He sits out McCarron's senior year and then takes over. The offense fits him. Might win a NC. That's what I would probably do if I were him.

msstate7
04-02-2013, 05:33 PM
If he goes to Ole Miss, they risk some big time dissention if they get Kiel and start him right away. They also risk losing their experienced QB to transfer and the may not even get his senior year out of him.

I could see it causing the same problems here with Dak as well.

On top of that, he doesn't really fit what Freeze wants to do, or Mullen for that matter.

Why not Alabama? He sits out McCarron's senior year and then takes over. The offense fits him. Might win a NC. That's what I would probably do if I were him.

He'd also get to beat up on les Myles 4 his comments about gunner

WutheringDawg
04-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Something tells me he doesnt end up in the SEC.

msstate7
04-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Something tells me he doesnt end up in the SEC.

If he's looking for no competition for a starting job, then the sec is probably not where he needs to be.

TexasDawg
04-02-2013, 08:00 PM
I would love to see us get this kid, he may not fit perfectly into Mullen's offense but he is still an elite talent. I think we should push hard for Kiel to get to Starkville. This would be an excellent pickup.