PDA

View Full Version : Black Jerseys Offically Coming in 2015

pscf3
06-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Will have gray numbers with maroon outline, maroon stripes with gray outline.

http://msuunitracker.blogspot.com/2015/06/black-jerseys-officially-coming-in-2015.html

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rlMn9YBapBA/VYCJlOHQs-I/AAAAAAAACrw/cVdGPJHdx84/s400/2015%2BAlt%2BBlack.pnghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9gj-loJVqhQ/VYCMzfkOL5I/AAAAAAAACr8/828ZJVkSYZo/s400/Dak%2Bin%2BBlack.png

cbrunt29
06-16-2015, 04:18 PM
Get grey pants, and get rid of the pant logo. Other than that they're sweet. I'm assuming these are for the Kentucky game?

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Get grey pants, and get rid of the pant logo. Other than that they're sweet. I'm assuming these are for the Kentucky game?

I agree with the idea of gray pants and no pants logo. Maybe outline the numbers and the lines on the shoulder and the Mississippi State in white so it shows up better too.

pscf3
06-16-2015, 04:23 PM

Yes, for the Kentucky game. The jerseys are the only part that is official; we don't know what the pants or helmet will look like yet.

Schultzy
06-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Hate it. Every time we wear black in any sport it seems like I'm watching a South Carolina game.

No black please, our colors are Maroon and white.

smootness
06-16-2015, 04:39 PM
These look pretty crappy unless there will be more gray on the pants and helmet. Personally, I'd go all out on the black and gray...gray helmet, grey pants...Raiders style.

Liverpooldawg
06-16-2015, 04:44 PM
Those are AWFUL. Our colors are maroon and white.

bulldawg28
06-16-2015, 04:46 PM
Sweeetttt!!! Add gray pants and it's a 10.

Drugdog
06-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Black is a neutral color. Thanks for the reminder what our colors are. Never would have known that.

1bigdawg
06-16-2015, 04:53 PM
I like 'em.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-16-2015, 04:54 PM
With gray pants they will look great.

Schultzy
06-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Black is not a neutral color. It's been sold as a neutral to sell merchandise which I can totally relate to and agree is a good marketing tool.

I'd rather feel like I'm watching MSU. And another thing, I no longer buy into this stuff about the players liking them, way too many traditional powerhouses stay basic.

Homedawg
06-16-2015, 05:08 PM
Black is not a neutral color. It's been sold as a neutral to sell merchandise which I can totally relate to and agree is a good marketing tool.

I'd rather feel like I'm watching MSU. And another thing, I no longer buy into this stuff about the players liking them, way too many traditional powerhouses stay basic.

Duke basketball says hello.

IMissJack
06-16-2015, 05:14 PM
Boooo!

godlluB
06-16-2015, 05:23 PM
White is also a neutral color, but it's one of our two OFFICIAL colors. Black isn't, and it has no place on our uniforms, except maybe, MAYBE as an accent color, but even then, probably not.

Leave the black for golf shirts and t-shirts, keep it off the uniforms.

Plus it this just looks awful.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Didn't aTm get these in 2012 for their game with us in Starkville?

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 05:24 PM

I don't like the black uniform as a primary uniform. But the gold standard for MSU uniforms- the Nike uniforms from Jackie's tenure- did have some black in them on the sleeves. I'm OK with black uniforms for one game- although I would prefer it not be for a SEC game. Use it for Troy or Northwestern State.

I also highly doubt that the black uniforms will look like they do in the picture with the white pants. I'm thinking it will be a black helmet with either a black or gray facemask and either black or gray pants.

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 05:26 PM
Didn't aTm get these in 2012 for their game with us in Starkville?

I don't think we'll have maroon shoulder stripes like A&M did. At least I hope not.

maroonmania
06-16-2015, 05:26 PM
So I would assume this revelation would move the KY game from the sure win category to the toss up category?

BulldogBear
06-16-2015, 05:27 PM
So I would assume this revelation would move the KY game from the sure win category to the toss up category?

11-1 here we come!!!!****

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-16-2015, 05:34 PM
I don't think we'll have maroon shoulder stripes like A&M did. At least I hope not.
I've just got a bad feeling about them...thought I heard a Native American war chant start to beat when I first saw it

Dawgface
06-16-2015, 05:36 PM
They suck.

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 05:39 PM
I've just got a bad feeling about them...thought I heard a Native American war chant start to beat when I first saw it

The fact that the athletic dept. has to constantly remind us how good Adidas has been to us despite making profane and embarrassing baseball jerseys speaks volumes.

5 Star
06-16-2015, 05:43 PM
These look pretty crappy unless there will be more gray on the pants and helmet. Personally, I'd go all out on the black and gray...gray helmet, grey pants...Raiders style.
I like it. We can even crazier and give it the silver/chrome look.

I don't mind trying out wild uniforms in football. It's not as if he have a standard go-to.

DistrictDawg92
06-16-2015, 05:51 PM
The only color that matters is MAROON.

Drugdog
06-16-2015, 05:54 PM

You answered your own question. Traditional powerhouses. I don't think we fall into that category.

War Machine Dawg
06-16-2015, 07:23 PM
Sick. In a good way. Those are hot. 17 the whiners. It's one game and players/recruits love them. STFU.

And for the people bitching about how we play in black jerseys, it has wayyyy more to do with our opponents. Bama and FL, unless I'm remembering incorrectly. And I expect UK to play us tough this year. They have for several years now. We'll win, but it'll be a lot closer than most of you think it "should" be.

Schultzy
06-16-2015, 07:27 PM
You answered your own question. Traditional powerhouses. I don't think we fall into that category.

That makes sense.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
06-16-2015, 08:42 PM
No matter what their aesthetic appeal, I cringe every time we announce black uniforms. According to research at Cornell & Florida, teams that wear black uniforms consistently ranked near the top of their leagues in penalties. Additionally, switches from non-black to black uniforms have been associated with an increase in penalties. Anybody remember the 2010 kentucky game at The Hump? Varnado fouled out before Calipari's hair gel even had a chance to dry.

RDawg90
06-16-2015, 08:43 PM
Love them, and I've loved 75-80% of what Adidas has done for our athletic program. And for the "we always lose in black" morons, we tend to have lost those games because we weren't very good…. Playing very good teams.

Liverpooldawg
06-16-2015, 09:11 PM
Sick. In a good way. Those are hot. 17 the whiners. It's one game and players/recruits love them. STFU.

And for the people bitching about how we play in black jerseys, it has wayyyy more to do with our opponents. Bama and FL, unless I'm remembering incorrectly. And I expect UK to play us tough this year. They have for several years now. We'll win, but it'll be a lot closer than most of you think it "should" be.

Wearing a black jersey isn't going to get us any recruit, just as not wearing won't lose us one. That argument is asinine and always has been.

bulldawg28
06-16-2015, 09:44 PM
No matter what their aesthetic appeal, I cringe every time we announce black uniforms. According to research at Cornell & Florida, teams that wear black uniforms consistently ranked near the top of their leagues in penalties. Additionally, switches from non-black to black uniforms have been associated with an increase in penalties. Anybody remember the 2010 kentucky game at The Hump? Varnado fouled out before Calipari's hair gel even had a chance to dry.

Lol...Right. Here's my research. Every team that made the college playoffs last year with the exception of Bama have worn black jerseys lately. That company is pretty good and we're not Bama so we can kill all the history and prestige talk as well.

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 09:51 PM

We beat Louisiana Tech wearing black in 2011. In overtime.

Like I said, I don't mind black uniforms for one game- but I would prefer it be a non power five OOC opponent.

TopDog58
06-16-2015, 11:05 PM
The only color that matters is MAROON.

Thanks, Sylvestuh. Winston Churchill say you an idiot.

Vinsanity
06-16-2015, 11:14 PM
The only thing I would change is add black pants and go for an all black look.

mcain31
06-17-2015, 12:06 AM
I like 'em

LC Dawg
06-17-2015, 07:46 AM
I'll agree that kids are not going to choose where to play football based on uniforms but I will also guess that most high school kids don't know or even care that Alabama, Penn State, etc. are wearing the same uniforms that they did 275 years ago. The kids do notice the different uniforms that teams currently wear which means they are paying attention to Mississippi State if they like their different uniforms.
As long as we go into the Kentucky game 7-0 I don't really care what we are wearing.

Political Hack
06-17-2015, 09:24 AM
if the players like them, wear them. If they don't, don't. I'm all for whatever gets them rolling.

cbrunt29
06-17-2015, 09:34 AM
if the players like them, wear them. If they don't, don't. I'm all for whatever gets them rolling.

This

maroonmania
06-17-2015, 09:37 AM

Whether they like them or not our past performances have shown that they don't exactly get us "rolling". Yes, we've played some good teams while wearing them but there is much more to it than that. We've mostly played like total crap while wearing them.

thunderclap
06-17-2015, 09:41 AM
Too hot

hells bells
06-17-2015, 09:59 PM
My recollection is every time black has been adorned in Vegas ie, "The Meca of Ameture Athlectic Competition,"we sucked. Negative Ghost Rider!