PDA

View Full Version : Cole Gordon- baseball commit

Todd4State
07-09-2013, 12:19 AM
This is our first high school guy since the CWS! Cole Gordon is from Tampa and goes to Steinbrenner HS. He is 6'6 230 and is listed as a RHP/1B. I think he will be a first baseman for us. He bats LH, so he fills a need for us. Really nice class developing so far.

2014 commits so far

C- Chase Vallot
1B- Cole Gordon
2B- Ryan Girdley
SS- Dale Burdick
OF- Joey Swinarski

MSUDawg4Life
07-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Cohen and Co. are not messing around. Looks like he's serious about winning a national championship.

Todd4State
07-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Here's a good story on him.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bhsn/2013/5/13/steinbrenner_s_cole_.html

Also- while I'm randomly thinking about things- I would say that of our five current commits, four and possibly even all five have a legit chance to be drafted. From what I understand, Swinarski, Burdick, and Girdley are likely going to college. Vallot we'll have to wait and see- he's probably the top prospect of the group currently. We'll have to wait and see on Gordon because I'm just learning about him.

Todd4State
07-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Cohen and Co. are not messing around. Looks like he's serious about winning a national championship.

He has always been serious about winning a National Title. That's why I wanted us to get him and continued to support him for the most part. It's fun as hell isn't it?

We'll see what this class brings. I'm guessing we are probably going to sign 10-12. Our last class was pitching heavy. After next year, we could lose Cody Walker (new JUCO catcher), Rea, Pirtle, Britton, Vickerson, CT, Demarcus, and Detz among position players- of course some of those are seniors and are definitely gone. We also will lose Derrick Armstrong. Woodruff, Lindgren, and Holder were all named top 200 draft prospects by Perfect Game recently. Lindgren looked really good tonight in the Cape Cod League as well. Fitts and Will Cox will also be draft eligible as well.

CadaverDawg
07-09-2013, 01:01 AM
This is our first high school guy since the CWS! Cole Gordon is from Tampa and goes to Steinbrenner HS. He is 6'6 230 and is listed as a RHP/1B. I think he will be a first baseman for us. He bats LH, so he fills a need for us. Really nice class developing so far.

2014 commits so far

C- Chase Vallot
1B- Cole Gordon
2B- Ryan Girdley
SS- Dale Burdick
OF- Joey Swinarski

Man, I love to see this. A big left hand hitting first baseman....gotta love it. Nice job Cohen and Co. Ride this National Championship appearance as hard and as far as you can do it.

Hump4Hoops
07-09-2013, 06:53 AM
We needed a 1st baseman in this class, if Rea's power keeps improving this year, we may not see him another.

Will James
07-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Let's move the RF fence in now