PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis Cardinals

msstate7
06-16-2015, 11:30 AM
@mlbtraderumors
Cardinals Under FBI Investigation For Hacking Astros http://mlb.traderumors.com/2015/06/cardinals-under-fbi-investigation-for-hacking-astros.html ?

dawgs
06-16-2015, 11:37 AM
Gonna be funny to watch a holier than thou fanbase and franchise like the cardinals deal with the fallout from this.

War Machine Dawg
06-16-2015, 12:03 PM
If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying. But I gotta agree with dawgs, gonna be hilarious watching how their fans try to spin this.

messageboardsuperhero
06-16-2015, 12:06 PM
#thecardinalway

Rayburn8
06-16-2015, 12:10 PM
LOL

starkvegasdawg
06-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Belechek coaches baseball too?

FlabLoser
06-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Does Auburn hacking opposing teams headsets fall into this jurisdiction? Asking for a friend.

Smitty
06-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Luhnow was their brains and he left them for Houston. Couldn't compete as well. We see what Luhnow's done to turn around Houston and they'll be even better.

Dawg61
06-16-2015, 12:37 PM
Luhnow was their brains and he left them for Houston. Couldn't compete as well. We see what Luhnow's done to turn around Houston and they'll be even better.

WJ is officially off the A's train. Now it's the Astros train.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-16-2015, 01:56 PM
Don't know how we are going to deal with losing a 30th and 35th round draft choice.**

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 02:04 PM
Don't know how we are going to deal with losing a 30th and 35th round draft choice.**

That will actually piss off Mozeliak after because there goes his silver lining for losing Heyward next year after the awful Shelby Miller trade.

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 02:06 PM

If by "couldn't compete as well" you mean having the best record in baseball despite not having Wainwright, Adams, and Holliday.- I'm OK with that.

Smitty
06-16-2015, 03:03 PM
If by "couldn't compete as well" you mean having the best record in baseball despite not having Wainwright, Adams, and Holliday.- I'm OK with that.

Well shit let's use some logic.

1. It's not that long since Luhnow was with you guys. His work is still in fruition.
2. You've been spying on him and stealing his ideas and strategies!

Smitty
06-16-2015, 03:04 PM
WJ is officially off the A's train. Now it's the Astros train.

I am this year. I think you know why.

smootness
06-16-2015, 03:18 PM

Luhnow is a very good GM, but holy cow, is he stupid when it comes to keeping his former team from being able to access his database. They just used one of his old passwords.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-16-2015, 03:26 PM
That will actually piss off Mozeliak after because there goes his silver lining for losing Heyward next year after the awful Shelby Miller trade.

Should have just put Grichuk in right field and kept Miller.

SDDawg
06-16-2015, 03:43 PM
Huge Cards fan here- no spin and I am appalled. An 8 figure fine and ownership change could be on the horizon here. This will not be a slap on the wrist. Cheating in the game to get an edge is one thing, this is criminal and on an entirely different level.

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Well shit let's use some logic.

1. It's not that long since Luhnow was with you guys. His work is still in fruition.
2. You've been spying on him and stealing his ideas and strategies!

The problem is you use Smitty logic.

Lunhow has been gone now for 3 going on 4 full seasons.

P- Wacha- After Lunhow
P- Martinez- Lunhow
P- Lackey- After Lunhow
P- Garcia- Lunhow
P- Marco Gonzalez- After Lunhow

Closer- Rosenthal Lunhow

C- Molina- Before Lunhow
1B- Reynolds- After Lunhow
2B- Wong- Lunhow
3B- Carpenter- Lunhow
SS- Peralta- Free agent After Lunhow

LF- Holliday- Traded for
CF- Grichuk- After Lunhow
RF- Heyward Traded for

So, of the regulars this year Lunhow only had to do with a grand total of FIVE players. Now, he did have an impact- but you are overstating it.

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 04:04 PM
Huge Cards fan here- no spin and I am appalled. An 8 figure fine and ownership change could be on the horizon here. This will not be a slap on the wrist. Cheating in the game to get an edge is one thing, this is criminal and on an entirely different level.

I highly doubt we will see an ownership change over this.

Smitty
06-16-2015, 05:40 PM
The problem is you use Smitty logic.

So, of the regulars this year Lunhow only had to do with a grand total of FIVE players. Now, he did have an impact- but you are overstating it.

What part of this connection are you missing? Things that happened after Luhhow are in question because of this.

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 06:08 PM
What part of this connection are you missing? Things that happened after Luhhow are in question because of this.

So, you really believe that the Cardinals decided to run their entire draft and every personnel move based on the Astros without any input whatsoever from their own scouting dept.? You're assuming without any actual facts that have come forward as far as what the Cardinals were using the information for. You don't know what the "things that happened after Lunhow" even are at this point unless you work for the FBI. All anyone knows at this point is that the computers were hacked- but it is unknown at this time what information was gathered and what it is was used for.

More than likely they were using the Astros essentially as a third party to see their player evaluations to cross check with their own if I had to guess. That and looking at scouting reports on their own players to see if any weaknesses could be found among other things. At least that is what makes the most sense to me.

Dawg61
06-16-2015, 10:15 PM
I am this year. I think you know why.

Cause you only like following teams when they are front runners. Pick one team and stick with them. Quit cheating on your A's.

Smitty
06-16-2015, 10:17 PM
Cause you only like following teams when they are front runners. Pick one team and stick with them. Quit cheating on your A's.

Alright I'll spell it out for you. You are currently 0-9-3

SDDawg
06-16-2015, 11:27 PM
I highly doubt we will see an ownership change over this.

It's on the extreme end, but depending on how high this goes and who knew, I wouldn't rule it out just yet.