PDA

View Full Version : Vandy Baseball

basedog
06-16-2015, 08:28 AM
Vandy has to be the luckiest baseball team in America, oh I know they have great talent but the walk off homer after a suspended game, Florida and Lsu getting beat, it could be a repeat for Vandy. I may add they may have the best coach in the Sec and maybe the nation. Florida could still win their bracket as they have the talent and depth but Vandy and Tcu are looking good in my opinion.

MSUDawg99
06-16-2015, 10:29 AM
Yeah that rain delay saved them but hats off to a freshman for getting a walk off HR. You know that'll go down as one of the greatest moments of his life.

Drugdog
06-16-2015, 10:32 AM
Luck is preparation meeting opportunity.
That's why we are not lucky in Baseball.

5 Star
06-16-2015, 10:47 AM
Vandy's did not get lucky, it's more that CSF's luck just ran out. CSF has been on borrowed time for a while.

Vandy has 3 1st rounders, and 4 total high round draft picks. 3 of them pitchers, playing on a field that renders pitching more of an advantage. And lucky for them would be Florida and LSU staying in the tournament, because teams like that are the easiest to beat (Florida to a lesser extent, because they have great pitching). I've called Vandy to repeat since the end of last year, simply due to the talent and depth of their pitching staff.

If you want to call Vandy lucky because of the scholarship advantage that they can exploit, then I agree.