PDA

View Full Version : Fenway Park advice...

CadaverDawg
06-15-2015, 09:02 PM
Mentioned in the Braves thread that I am excited about my first ever trip to Fenwsy tomorrow night.

If anybody has been, can you tell me anything that you'd consider a "must do" while there? Certain things to buy, eat, see, take a pic of, experience, etc.

The Braves are my favorite team, but Boston has always been my favorite AL team, so I couldn't have picked a better matchup.

DistrictDawg92
06-15-2015, 09:09 PM
Check out the park tours before the game, they have a cheap 15-30 minute tour and a more expensive hour tour. If money ain't a problem go for the full tour you won't regret it(the cheap tour is a rip off honestly). Have a few beers at Boston Beer Works.

Coach34
06-15-2015, 09:22 PM
Talk to I Seen It asap

CadaverDawg
06-15-2015, 09:27 PM
Check out the park tours before the game, they have a cheap 15-30 minute tour and a more expensive hour tour. If money ain't a problem go for the full tour you won't regret it(the cheap tour is a rip off honestly). Have a few beers at Boston Beer Works.

I won't be getting there until after game time, so I'm betting the tour won't be an option. The Beer Works is an option though, thanks

CadaverDawg
06-15-2015, 09:28 PM
Talk to I Seen It asap

Why do I have this feeling that he will say, "Cadaver to Fenway"**

I seen it dawg
06-15-2015, 09:32 PM
Cadaver...Go really early and hit the bleacher bar on green monster side of stadium (Landsdowne). The garage door you see on TV in almost center field is the bar. It will be open right up to Gametime. They have high top tables in that door way but got to get there early.

Tons of great bars around stadium. Cask n flagon of course on Landsdowne being the most famous. They shut down Yawkey on first base side of stadium and its wide open. Souvenirs etc. The more high quality beer is outside on Yawkey along with the higher dollar food. Usual stadium stuff inside the stadium.

Get in early and take it all in. It's a great place to watch baseball. Where you sitting?

I seen it dawg
06-15-2015, 09:33 PM
Why do I have this feeling that he will say, "Cadaver to Fenway"**

Haha I was typing and missed this. Nice.

I seen it dawg
06-15-2015, 09:34 PM
Not getting there until after game time? Shit you will just get the stadium stuff then. The outdoor stuff on Yawkey will be open. That side of stadium you can go in and out.

Smitty
06-15-2015, 09:38 PM
They still have the wooden seats there. Just awesome.

Not sure if you need a ticket for the Budweiser roof deck in RF but that seems like it would be cool

CadaverDawg
06-15-2015, 10:34 PM
Not getting there until after game time? Shit you will just get the stadium stuff then. The outdoor stuff on Yawkey will be open. That side of stadium you can go in and out.

Yea, the game starts at 4:00 and my meetimg ends at 4:00, so i will be heading straight over unless we finish up early. It's kinda spur of the moment...this wasnt a planned trip to the game, but since im going to have time im going to make the best of it.

messageboardsuperhero
06-15-2015, 10:41 PM
Go early. Lots of stuff always going on around Yawkey and Landsdowne. Walk around the park and try and see everything from every angle before the game. As far as the city, just soak in as much history as you can. The subway/rapid transit system works great.

messageboardsuperhero
06-15-2015, 10:42 PM
I won't be getting there until after game time, so I'm betting the tour won't be an option. The Beer Works is an option though, thanks

That sucks.

messageboardsuperhero
06-15-2015, 10:51 PM
They still have the wooden seats there. Just awesome.

They do and I've seen many fat asses struggle to squeeze in them. Those seats were made in a different time when America was not full of obese people.

Not sure if you need a ticket for the Budweiser roof deck in RF but that seems like it would be cool

You need a ticket to watch the game up there, but you can see the view and everything if you go on one of their stadium tours (which is cool). You wouldn't believe the money the Red Sox have to put in on upkeep every year to keep that place running and in good condition.

Don't even dream about getting a seat on top of the monster either. Last time I was up there, they said those seats are sold in a lottery- a lot of people enter for years and never get a chance to sit up there. Also, there is a 50+ year waiting list for the scoreboard operator's job inside the monster. People literally put themselves on the waiting list in hopes that one day their children may be able to have that job.

I seen it dawg
06-16-2015, 05:33 AM
Stubhub

06-16-2015, 07:50 AM
Have a few beers at Boston Beer Works.

This.

rrog17
06-16-2015, 07:56 AM
Go somewhere on the water and have a lobsta roll!

messageboardsuperhero
06-16-2015, 08:09 AM
Stubhub

Damn, didn't realize it was that easy. I guess you can sit anywhere for the right price.

Saltydog
06-16-2015, 08:38 AM
when I went it was late in the season and there were only a few of us. Let us inside the green monster and sat in the white chair in right field where Teddy Baseball's last HR landed in his final AB of his career.

CadaverDawg
06-16-2015, 09:30 PM
Awesome game. Brock Holt hits for the cycle, and the Sox pound out 18 hits to beat the Braves. Incredible atmosphere, and the place just bleeds history. Definitely a bucket list experience. Thanks to everyone that commented.

I seen it dawg
06-16-2015, 09:43 PM
Damn not bad seats

CadaverDawg
06-16-2015, 09:47 PM