View Full Version : Coach Ray gets another commit

Coach34
07-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Montgomery Carver (ala) wing prospect Demetrius Houston

http://247sports.com/Player/Demetrius-Houston-24054?Institution=6206

Looks like a pretty good pull...if Ray can recruit decently- watch out

engie
07-08-2013, 04:46 PM
This pipeline into Montgomery is certainly intriguing...

Todd4State
07-08-2013, 04:55 PM
I have read a lot about how some people are mad about Scott hiring Ray and how it was handled, but to me it looks like Ray was a pretty good hire.

I seen it dawg
07-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Watch this....he's better than stands already

Coach34
07-08-2013, 05:05 PM
I have read a lot about how some people are mad about Scott hiring Ray and how it was handled, but to me it looks like Ray was a pretty good hire.

It just wasnt the "name" hire they were hoping for

Quaoarsking
07-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Offers from Alabama, Auburn, Seton Hall. Pretty good list.

ckDOG
07-08-2013, 06:04 PM

When we go through bumps this season and next (they are going to happen), I just hope that people remember that the man that took us to a National Championship series in baseball this past season was being crapped on as being a bad hire in the not too distant past. I think it's becoming obvious that "Joe MSU Fan" (that also includes people who give money) really has no idea how to evaluate the status of a program and how to evaluate where we are heading. Our fans despise change, even if that change is necessary.

Ray did some nice things towards the end of last season. The fans owe it to him to be patient and let him get his players in and develop them. I'm not saying we will be in the national championship game after his 5th season, but I do anticipate solid improvement to the program to the point where we should expect NCAAT appearances again. I can't wait to see us play when we have the legs to run his preferred style of ball. I may actually enjoy watching MSU basketball again...

mic
07-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Watch this....he's better than stands already

he was better than Stands when he was at Indiana St in 1997...

drunkernhelldawg
07-08-2013, 10:11 PM
It was nice and a good sign to end the season on a high note. Got some hope, at least.

cheat2win
07-09-2013, 06:59 AM
If Ray could get us to post season play this year I will be blown away. Will be ahead of my expectations