PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Cyr?

Tripp McNeely
06-15-2015, 01:28 PM
Any chance that he starts off at 3B? I know that there was some dual-position talk when we signed him, but is he a pitcher all the way?

5 Star
06-15-2015, 02:58 PM
Doubt it, but he may be one of the surprises at pitcher. Apparently someone thought he was draft-worthy at some point, #632 on this list (http://www.minorleagueball.com/2015/6/8/8690471/2015-mlb-draft-final-draft-board). Along with Parker Ford, Kale Breaux and Tristen Barlow. Yeah it's SBNation but still, he had to have gotten the information somewhere, can't just make up all of those names. He got Fenter, Pickett, Riley correct at the top, along with Padgett and Marrero later.

maroonmania
06-15-2015, 03:17 PM
Probably should stay as a pitcher given he's potentially the most talented RHP we signed in this current class behind Parker Ford.

ScottH
06-15-2015, 04:31 PM
Don't sleep on the possibility of Stovall being tried at 3rd.

He played 2nd in addition to catcher in HS. Also played 3rd for Dulin's.

messageboardsuperhero
06-15-2015, 04:42 PM
I hope not. Cyr is 6'4" and can sling it 92+ pretty consistently- which is what we desperately need right now.

messageboardsuperhero
06-15-2015, 04:43 PM

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. It's actually a good fit, the more I think about it.

Todd4State
06-15-2015, 10:28 PM

I'd rather play Stovall at second because of how he profiles. I suspect that most likely we will try to fill the gap with a JUCO player- hopefully one like Nate Lowe. If not, I think Will Brooks from Madison Central is likely the eventual successor once Luke Reynolds leaves.

Of all the pitchers that we recruited that are dual position possibilities, Trysten Barlow and Keegan James are the most likely IMO to play another position. That said, I think their best position is very obviously pitcher based on having watched them play.

I'd keep an eye on Riley Self and Elliott Johnson among 2016 commits as far as playing third base.

Vandelaydawg
06-16-2015, 09:05 AM
Any chance that he starts off at 3B? I know that there was some dual-position talk when we signed him, but is he a pitcher all the way?. Ryan is a pitcher for sure. As for draft worthy, he had a half dozen teams for home visits, with the Mets multiple times late trying to get him to come down off his ask. He wants the college experience and has the kind of intensity we desperately need to get things back on track. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him as an early contributor in middle relief.

messageboardsuperhero
06-16-2015, 09:17 AM
. Ryan is a pitcher for sure. As for draft worthy, he had a half dozen teams for home visits, with the Mets multiple times late trying to get him to come down off his ask. He wants the college experience and has the kind of intensity we desperately need to get things back on track. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him as an early contributor in middle relief.

Cyr is very overlooked because of the other outstanding pitchers we have in the class. He's a legit power arm with a professional future.

MsStateBaseball
06-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Cyr will be reliever to start off. He's one of many Butch can't wait to get to show him other pitches, arm angle, etc.

I seen it dawg
06-16-2015, 02:19 PM
Cyr will be reliever to start off. He's one of many Butch can't wait to get to show him other pitches, arm angle, etc.

Hope the etc isn't throwing with less velocity just to get a little movement.

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 02:26 PM
Cyr is very overlooked because of the other outstanding pitchers we have in the class. He's a legit power arm with a professional future.

In most classes, he would be the top guy in our class.

Todd4State
06-16-2015, 02:27 PM
Hope the etc isn't throwing with less velocity just to get a little movement.

That was my first thought too.