PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys tired of Alabama?

ShotgunDawg
07-08-2013, 03:44 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm a little Alabamaed out. I'm all for the SEC winning National Titles, but its getting to the point where I'm starting to believe Alabama is getting bad for college football.

I realize TV likes them, they sell magazines, but all we ever hear is Alabama, Alabama, Alabama. I respect what they have done, but its getting old.

Today, a study was released that said Alabama tweeted more about college football than anyone else. It just seems to me that there is this continuous cycle of internal glorification for Alabama within the SEC and the media.

I just think its getting old, and is approaching the line of being bad for college football. its time for other teams to be recognized and talked about.

Political Hack
07-08-2013, 03:47 PM
I can understand how Mississippi has trouble competing with them with a lower population and two SEC schools, but I can't understand why UGA and LSU don't challenge them more than they do. I do think UGA will beat them in the SECCG this year though, but they've still dominated for a long time by modern standards.

AROB44
07-08-2013, 03:58 PM
I can understand how Mississippi has trouble competing with them with a lower population and two SEC schools, but I can't understand why UGA and LSU don't challenge them more than they do. I do think UGA will beat them in the SECCG this year though, but they've still dominated for a long time by modern standards.

I'll believe it when I see it. Bama is loaded again. I live over here and it seems as if the entire state's identity and sense of self worth is wrapped up in Bama football. Actually, it is quite sick.

Drugdog
07-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Yes. I think a dose of humble pie is good for everyone.
I was at The Club pool and this guy has a hat on with the state of Alabama with a 15 inside of it. I thought you haven't won 15 NC.
Dammit we won it in 1941.

sandwolf
07-08-2013, 04:04 PM
I can't understand why UGA and LSU don't challenge them more than they do.

Put Nick Saban at either of those schools and they would dominate Bama.

Political Hack
07-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Put Nick Saban at either of those schools and they would dominate Bama.

Yeah... He already did. He was 4-1 against Bama when he was at LSU.

sandwolf
07-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Yeah... He already did. He was 4-1 against Bama when he was at LSU.

Yep.

Todd4State
07-08-2013, 05:14 PM

Do you think it's because LSU and Georgia maybe recruit more locally and Bama recruits more nationally?

Political Hack
07-08-2013, 05:22 PM
I think Bama has better control of their state than UGA. UGA lost Tunsil to Ole Miss. Do you think Bama would lose the best LT in the state to OM? UGA hasn't been able to protect its home turf despite being the dominant program in Georgia.

As far as LSU is concerned, it's clock management and the constant overturn in OC's the last few years that's hurt them. I seriously think a few people on this board could win 10 games a year with their talent.

sandwolf
07-09-2013, 11:18 AM
I think Bama has better control of their state than UGA. UGA lost Tunsil to Ole Miss. Do you think Bama would lose the best LT in the state to OM? UGA hasn't been able to protect its home turf despite being the dominant program in Georgia.

Haha while I agree with what you are saying, Ole Miss did sign the best OT in Alabama last year - Austin Golson (http://mississippistate.scout.com/a.z?s=136&p=8&c=1&nid=5031011).

Demdawgs
07-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Haha while I agree with what you are saying, Ole Miss did sign the best OT in Alabama last year - Austin Golson (http://mississippistate.scout.com/a.z?s=136&p=8&c=1&nid=5031011).

got him

msstate7
07-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Do you think it's because LSU and Georgia maybe recruit more locally and Bama recruits more nationally?

Over the last 5 years, Georgia, lsu, and Florida have put more players in the nfl than bama. It's not a talent issue. It's a coaching issue. Saban is the best and it pains me to admit it.