PDA

View Full Version : Question

ShotgunDawg
06-15-2015, 07:53 AM
If I compared a QB to Chase Daniels, Taj Boyd, and Case Keenum, how many stars should he get?

If you know where this question is coming from, don't mention the name. I want objective answers.

chainedup_Dawg
06-15-2015, 08:47 AM
I'd say a 3 on a good day, maybe a borderline 4 on their best

State82
06-15-2015, 09:06 AM
Low 4

BulldogDX55
06-15-2015, 09:23 AM
If I compared a QB to Chase Daniels, Taj Boyd, and Case Keenum, how many stars should he get?

If you know where this question is coming from, don't mention the name. I want objective answers.

Those are some...different style QBs. Keenum was a guy whose one thing was getting rid of the ball incredibly fast on short passes. He did great in Sumlin's offense and would have done well in Freeze's offense. Daniels had a similar passing ability, but also racked up 1000 yards rushing his senior year, despite being merely above average in mobility. Tajh Boyd had great pocket mobility, but didn't contribute a ton in the run game, but was productive enough.

I'm not sure why you'd say someone is a combination of the three, unless you are talking exclusively about someone who has the ability to make quick, short, accurate passes consistently, but you aren't talking about any other of his features outside of a lack of stature, as all were 6'1" or shorter.

For your question, I'd say high 3, low 4, but could be great in the right system, but wouldn't cut it in the NFL.

jumbo
06-15-2015, 09:26 AM
high 3/low 4. all were good college qbs

ShotgunDawg
06-15-2015, 10:16 AM
This is very interesting and I agree with the star grades you guys are saying.

thf24
06-15-2015, 10:20 AM
but wouldn't cut it in the NFL.

I won't say you're wrong since none of them have stuck anywhere, but I think it's worth noting that all three are currently on NFL rosters, and Keenum started a few games for the Texans.

Dawg61
06-15-2015, 10:27 AM

Are you asking how many stars should Daniels, Boyd and Keenum get? When? When they signed or off of their careers? Confusing question. I'd say all three would be 4**** QBs based on final grading and maybe low 5*****. All 3 had great college careers. Is this an Ole Miss trick question? Machine Gun Kelly getting compared to those three is a joke.

FlabLoser
06-15-2015, 11:45 AM
Stars suck.

War Machine Dawg
06-15-2015, 12:33 PM
If we're talking about a QB we're recruiting, I'd say "square peg, round hole." We need a true dual threat QB for our offense to be at its most effective. All of those guys were great QBs, especially Keenum. But as someone above pointed out, they'd be a much better fit for Bucky's system than ours.

maroonmania
06-15-2015, 12:37 PM
If we're talking about a QB we're recruiting, I'd say "square peg, round hole." We need a true dual threat QB for our offense to be at its most effective. All of those guys were great QBs, especially Keenum. But as someone above pointed out, they'd be a much better fit for Bucky's system than ours.

Don't believe he is speaking of any QBs that MSU is recruiting.