PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jones

vv83
06-14-2015, 10:38 PM
What was the general consensus on his play last year? His numbers were good but down from his freshman year. Was he double teamed more or just kind of a sophomore slump?

Todd4State
06-14-2015, 10:42 PM
Well, first of all he played half the time. Second he had some back problems.

He was still badass- especially in the Arkansas game where he wanted to come off the field, the coaches said no, and he then he goes out and gets a sack.

MSUDawg4Life
06-14-2015, 10:43 PM
I think he had a good year. Not great, but good.

This year is his "money year" as they say. I expect him to have a very good year.

SDDawg
06-14-2015, 11:08 PM
I think he had a fracture in his hand for part of the season as well. Being a "starter" this year and draft eligible after will give him the boost he needs....

Homedawg
06-14-2015, 11:28 PM
Down year. He didn't play hard. Was happy w taking up a double team. Can be a beast but not based on last year

RDawg90
06-15-2015, 12:00 AM
I think a lot of people forget just how little experience Jones has, not at just defensive tackle, but football experience as a whole. I think when you look at the rankings and early accolades, it's probably fair to say that he's underachieved a bit, but he's still learning and I think there is a wealth of potential still there. I hope, and we desperately need, for Jones to step up this year in a big way to protect our new MLB and take some of the pass rushing pressure off of Preston Smith's replacement. I think he certainly can do it, but we shall see.

Dawg61
06-15-2015, 01:21 AM
Chris Jones is a freak of nature. He got challenged mentally last year. Now he's the veteran and he'll be better for having some struggles last year.

Coach34
06-15-2015, 06:53 AM
A lot of it is him accepting that he has grown into a DT and is no longer a DE. This Spring it seems he finally accepted it

Liverpooldawg
06-15-2015, 08:45 AM
He made on if the bigger plays we had last year. He caused the int at the end of the Auburn game.

thf24
06-15-2015, 09:17 AM
Given both the back and hand injuries, I'm perfectly happy with what we got out of him last year. Hopefully the back stuff has gotten fixed up so he can have a big year this year.