06-14-2015, 12:01 PM
Somewhat embarrassed for Them.

TUSK
06-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Somewhat embarrassed for Them.

It's a "whack" rivalry, for certain...

Drugdog
06-14-2015, 05:46 PM
No offense Tusk, but some nut jobs out there.
Updyke should be in Whitfield.

Vinsanity
06-14-2015, 09:21 PM
Some people just take college sports too seriously. There's fans like that in every fan base.

TUSK
06-14-2015, 09:31 PM
No offense Tusk, but some nut jobs out there.
Updyke should be in Whitfield.

Daddio, I'm not offended in the least... when you can measure a rivalry by "body count", priorities need adjusting...

I don't get it....

RDawg90
06-15-2015, 12:10 AM
That rivalry is a different breed, but playing devils advocate to those who condemn it so severely from an outsiders perspective… Wouldn't you want at least portions of what that rivalry is all about? And for the record, I hate Auburn as bad as just about any school, but between the two they have absolutely everything… National Titles, SEC Titles, Heisman Trophies, Legendary Coaches, etc. I think a large part of why that rivalry is so bat shit crazy is because they have competed for, and expected to win, the biggest prizes (individually & collectively) for a long long time. I am younger than probably a decent percentage of this board, but I can't not remember in my life going to a more hostile and unwelcoming place than Ole Miss this year. I've been to Alabama, LSU, and a lot in between, but given what was on the line this year and what both teams had accomplished, Vaught-Hemingway was like walking into hell that day. Obviously you hope for some level of sanity between rivals, but success brings out the worst in people sometimes.

Drugdog
06-15-2015, 06:29 AM
between rivals, but success brings out the worst in people sometimes.

Good point.

LC Dawg
06-15-2015, 08:46 AM
Yes, the two programs have accomplished a lot but their fans are all hillbillies and white trash.