PDA

View Full Version : Two well written SDS articles in the same Day!?!

Rayburn8
06-13-2015, 09:48 PM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/5-underrated-position-groups-around-conference/

I guess pigs can truly fly.

Pollodawg
06-13-2015, 10:14 PM
Hands down, this is the best we've ever been at WR and QB at the very least. I think a lot of people are overlooking Gus Walley at TE. He has some soft hands and the ability to slip behind people. I think we'll see Dak target him some this season. Also, I went back and watched some highlights of the Orange Bowl. It looks like Joe Morrow is finally starting to put something together out there. He had some good catches in that game and some pretty good ones in the Spring as well. If he can be a legit deep threat for us, it will stretch the opposing secondary beautifully when they have to pick a poison between him and Bear.

War Machine Dawg
06-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Hands down, this is the best we've ever been at WR and QB at the very least. I think a lot of people are overlooking Gus Walley at TE. He has some soft hands and the ability to slip behind people. I think we'll see Dak target him some this seaosn. Also, I went back and watched some highlights of the Orange Bowl. It looks like Joe Morrow is finally starting to put something together out there. He had some good catches in that game and some pretty good ones in the Spring as well. If he can be a legit deep threat for us, it will stretch the opposing secondary beautifully when they have to pick a poison between him and Bear.

No one is overlooking Walley. He's just made of glass so far in his career. Can't count on a player who's track record says he struggles to stay healthy. Think Tobias Smith.

Morrow has definitely improved. But he's still good for one WTF drop a game of a pass. C34 and I don't call him Stonehands for nothing.

Pollodawg
06-13-2015, 10:31 PM
No one is overlooking Walley. He's just made of glass so far in his career. Can't count on a player who's track record says he struggles to stay healthy. Think Tobias Smith.

Morrow has definitely improved. But he's still good for one WTF drop a game of a pass. C34 and I don't call him Stonehands for nothing.

Hopefully, he can stay healthy then. A pass catching tight end can be a serious weapon. Didn't Tobias eventually quit football due to injuries.

thf24
06-13-2015, 11:22 PM
Walley's only had one significant injury though, hasn't he? Weird elbow deal that kept him off the field during his RsFr year. He played a decent amount last year without issues. I'm looking forward to see what he can do as the feature guy at the position. Good hands and deceptively fast for a guy that size. Maybe still a little questionable as a blocker at this point, but then again so was MoJo for a lot of his career, and it never hurt us too badly.

Schultzy
06-14-2015, 08:42 AM
Gabe Myles is very underrated.