PDA

View Full Version : CWS Thread

Smitty
06-13-2015, 08:06 PM
Arky goes down to UVA - 2 HR hit this game for the "build to the park"'crowd

Florida is down 2 in just the 3rd inning yet still sac bunts. I just don't get it, these managers limit their run scoring to show other coaches they know how to small ball it.

Random balk call there... Damn college umpires are terrible.

msstate7
06-13-2015, 08:13 PM
He wanted to bunt so bad that he did it with 2 strikes. College baseball can be downright unwatchable at times with crazy strike zones and coaching decisions

dawgoneyall
06-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Just saw some store bought tits

Smitty
06-13-2015, 08:15 PM
Why would you bunt, with 2 strikes, down 2 runs, to the best offense in college baseball, in the 3rd inning.

All about impressing the other coaches

Coach34
06-13-2015, 08:46 PM
No- its what he believes to be the best way to win

War Machine Dawg
06-13-2015, 08:47 PM
He wanted to bunt so bad that he did it with 2 strikes. College baseball can be downright unwatchable at times with crazy strike zones and coaching decisions

I'm pretty much getting that way about pitchers in the NL. Like today, I saw Simmons hit a one out single. But he was hitting 8, bringing up Shelby Miller, who promptly sac bunts. Peterson K to end the inning. Basically, pitchers get rewarded with an out for allowing a one out single to the 8 hole in the NL. It's boring as shit. The DH needs to be in both leagues. Hell, the NL is about the only place in baseball of almost any level beyond little league and/or HS that doesn't use a DH. It's ridiculous.

Smitty
06-13-2015, 08:50 PM
Look what no bunting gets you UF, up 7-2 and still attacking.

Smitty
06-13-2015, 08:52 PM
9-2

Miami doesn't have anything better than a soft tossing "good story" righty? Going with the emotional arm over a shut down guy. Bunting to impress others. Bad managerial decisions led by desires other than best chance to win game.

Smitty
06-13-2015, 08:55 PM
No- its what he believes to be the best way to win

Cohen has said the bunt is "part of our identity". That's emotion, not analysis.

Smitty
06-13-2015, 08:57 PM
11-2

Not bunting does good.

Ball carrying so far this tournament. I don't want to hear about the need to build for any park

msstate7
06-13-2015, 09:01 PM
I'm pretty much getting that way about pitchers in the NL. Like today, I saw Simmons hit a one out single. But he was hitting 8, bringing up Shelby Miller, who promptly sac bunts. Peterson K to end the inning. Basically, pitchers get rewarded with an out for allowing a one out single to the 8 hole in the NL. It's boring as shit. The DH needs to be in both leagues. Hell, the NL is about the only place in baseball of almost any level beyond little league and/or HS that doesn't use a DH. It's ridiculous.

Hey, but how bout that comeback today? Can't believe Bo porter sent Maybin on a pop up about 40 feet behind 3b. Oh well, we won

I seen it dawg
06-13-2015, 09:20 PM
Look what no bunting gets you UF, up 7-2 and still attacking.

Good thing o Sullivan checks your posts from his cell in the dugout. You know his team much better than he does.

blacklistedbully
06-13-2015, 09:23 PM
11-2

Not bunting does good.

Ball carrying so far this tournament. I don't want to hear about the need to build for any park

Because the exception proves the rule, right?***

Your anti-"build to the park" comment is just plain ignorant.

ScottH
06-13-2015, 09:26 PM
The new Adidas bat is prominently displayed behind the announcers.

I seen it dawg
06-13-2015, 09:28 PM

99.9% of what he says is ignorant. You shocked?

I seen it dawg
06-13-2015, 09:57 PM
Either Florida is really good or Miami just sucks. I'm leaning a little to the latter side.

Todd4State
06-13-2015, 10:42 PM
Either Florida is really good or Miami just sucks. I'm leaning a little to the latter side.

Florida is better than Miami. And the SEC team that was among the top five in slugging percentage that didn't have a top four pitching staff went down like I thought they would- which means my pitching > hitting theory is likely to stay true in Omaha. 30+ years and going strong.

Todd4State
06-13-2015, 10:48 PM

They would have scored 23 runs had they not bunted there.**

Dawg61
06-13-2015, 11:31 PM
The DH needs to be in both leagues.

The **** it does

Todd4State
06-13-2015, 11:34 PM
The **** it does

The biggest reason I like the pitcher hitting in the NL is I think it makes MLB unique that there is an actual difference between the two leagues. Really- what's the difference between the NFC/AFC in the NFL? Nothing.

I would like to see the DH used in all interleague games though regardless of home venue.

msstate7
06-13-2015, 11:45 PM
The biggest reason I like the pitcher hitting in the NL is I think it makes MLB unique that there is an actual difference between the two leagues. Really- what's the difference between the NFC/AFC in the NFL? Nothing.

I would like to see the DH used in all interleague games though regardless of home venue.

Ernie Johnson (great Braves' announcer) used to say in interleague games that the home team should play by the road team's rules. Said that way American League teams could experience national league style of play and vice versa. I love the idea

Dawg61
06-13-2015, 11:55 PM
Ernie Johnson (great Braves' announcer) used to say in interleague games that the home team should play by the road team's rules. Said that way American League teams could experience national league style of play and vice versa. I love the idea

American League teams could experience it in their own park is what you're saying? It's an interesting idea but I don't think its a good one. AL fans hate no DH so they'd hate having to watch it in their park. I and many other NL fans believe the No DH gives NL teams an advantage come World Series time so there will never be enough support from the NL to adopt the DH. It will have to be majority voted on by owners of NL teams to change the rule and there's no way 8 owners in the NL will vote for the DH. It's not going to happen any decade soon.

I seen it dawg
06-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Wtf Aaron Boone? Do your ****ing job and learn to pronounce the ****ing names of the players. It's not fn hard. He's terrible.

I seen it dawg
06-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Mainieri waited too long. Poche was mentally toast. Should not have started this inning. You have to win this game to have a chance to win it all. It's an elimination game essentially.

I seen it dawg
06-14-2015, 04:17 PM
Dammit Butch you watching? That's how you go out after a big offensive inning and stick it in the other teams ass. Pound the strike zone and not be cute. ****ing learn something and make our pitchers tougher.

civildawg
06-14-2015, 04:17 PM
Went over to tigerdroppings to see what they were saying. Some of them are wanting him fired because he only makes it to Omaha

I seen it dawg
06-14-2015, 04:21 PM
Their staff after the head coach is so much better than ours it's not even on the same planet.

Drugdog
06-14-2015, 04:21 PM
Corndogs getting a dose of humble pie. Go Frogs!

maroonmania
06-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Kind of fun seeing LSU getting their asses kicked.

Drugdog
06-14-2015, 05:08 PM
Kind of fun seeing LSU getting their asses kicked.

A lot of fun!

MabenMaroon
06-14-2015, 05:24 PM
A lot of fun!

Can hardly wait to see those same facial expressions on the corndoggers faces come the second weekend in Sept at DWS.

engie
06-14-2015, 05:26 PM
Is Mainieri ever going to win a game in TD Ameritrade?

Drugdog
06-14-2015, 05:31 PM
I hope not.

I seen it dawg
06-14-2015, 05:47 PM
Is Mainieri ever going to win a game in TD Ameritrade?

Not unless Lange throws a shutout Tuesday

I seen it dawg
06-14-2015, 05:48 PM
Throw it at the bull!

I seen it dawg
06-15-2015, 07:07 PM
These 2 teams are by far the 2 worst teams here. It's not close.