PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Psycho defense?

662dawg
06-13-2015, 05:34 PM
http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2015/06/12/return-psycho-defense/

FlabLoser
06-13-2015, 05:38 PM
3rd down is recess

Howboutdemdogs
06-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Please NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want any reference to Collins. Diaz can and will create his on mojo.

Also, to the family that is in front of us and stands during the whole game, please sit down and stop yelling Psyco Defense. Nobody behind you can see the game.

msstate7
06-13-2015, 06:12 PM
Please NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want any reference to Collins. Diaz can and will create his on mojo.

Also, to the family that is in front of us and stands during the whole game, please sit down and stop yelling Psyco Defense. Nobody behind you can see the game.

Wasn't it cooper before Collins that went "psycho"?

662dawg
06-13-2015, 06:36 PM
Wasn't it cooper before Collins that went "psycho"?

I'm almost positive that it was 2010 or 2011 when it started.

Coach34
06-13-2015, 07:08 PM

make sure and tell those hoodlum neighborhood kids to get off your lawn too

Tbonewannabe
06-13-2015, 07:26 PM

Don't forget that people need to be more quiet so it is easier to hear the jumbo tron.

DancingRabbit
06-13-2015, 07:43 PM

I think Dan likes the term. He's used it since Manny returned.

LC Dawg
06-13-2015, 07:54 PM
I hate it when people want to stand up during the games. After drinking all that beer at the tailgate I am trying to just sit and have a nice relaxing ballgame.

MSUDawg4Life
06-13-2015, 08:43 PM
I hate it when people want to stand up during the games. After drinking all that beer at the tailgate I am trying to just sit and have a nice relaxing ballgame.

Relaxing ballgames suck. Usually means we're losing. I'd rather be on my feet as much as possible. Cheering my team on as we kick somebody's ass.

bluelightstar
06-13-2015, 08:45 PM
Relaxing ballgames suck. Usually means we're losing. I'd rather be on my feet as much as possible. Cheering my team on as we kick somebody's ass.

It's the main thing I miss about football games as a student honestly. There was no sitting. I still stand during the game but I'm the end of the row so I can stand in the aisle at least.

War Machine Dawg
06-13-2015, 08:56 PM

Don't forget that people need to be more quiet so it is easier to hear the jumbo tron.

We really have to have this fight aGAIN? There's simple etiquette: If no one else around you is standing, keep your ass planted. If everyone but you is standing, get off your ass. Sounds like what the poster above was referencing was a specific group who has no regard for basic manners.

LC Dawg
06-13-2015, 08:58 PM

I was joking. Sorry for no *******

GreenheadDawg
06-13-2015, 09:26 PM
We really have to have this fight aGAIN? There's simple etiquette: If no one else around you is standing, keep your ass planted. If everyone but you is standing, get off your ass. Sounds like what the poster above was referencing was a specific group who has no regard for basic manners.

Yeh I guess I should just sit on my ass and talk about the weather and my podiatry appointment like the rest of the blue hairs** I'll be on my feet screaming this year just like I have for 20 years. And they will cuss me just like all of those years. I can't wait for football

sleepy dawg
06-13-2015, 09:49 PM

Stricklin has already settled this. If you want to stand, stand. If someone is standing in your way because you don't want to stand? Too bad. If someone is yelling too much too bad.

Any standing and yelling should never be criticized as long as we're not on offense. You don't like it, tough.

Pollodawg
06-13-2015, 10:07 PM
The last time our defense could be described as truly suffocating was 2010. I don't care what they call the defense as long as Manny brings back his "bring the pain" approach and we keep offensive coordinators up at night with heart burn.

War Machine Dawg
06-13-2015, 10:24 PM
Yeh I guess I should just sit on my ass and talk about the weather and my podiatry appointment like the rest of the blue hairs** I'll be on my feet screaming this year just like I have for 20 years. And they will cuss me just like all of those years. I can't wait for football

Stricklin has already settled this. If you want to stand, stand. If someone is standing in your way because you don't want to stand? Too bad. If someone is yelling too much too bad.

Any standing and yelling should never be criticized as long as we're not on offense. You don't like it, tough.

Yep, manners and common sense are dead. **** the experience of everyone around you. It's a football game, so being an asshole is fine. And for the record, I'm in my early 30s. Far from a blue hair.

Intramural All-American
06-13-2015, 10:34 PM
Yep, manners and common sense are dead. **** the experience of everyone around you. It's a football game, so being an asshole is fine. And for the record, I'm in my early 30s. Far from a blue hair.

Football teams thrive on energy from the fans. A fan base that sits on their hands and "spectates" does nothing for the team and lends to a crappy home-field advantage. That should be pretty self explanatory. When you get upset with people for actively supporting the players on the field, you are choosing yourself over the team. Get over yourself.

Coach34
06-13-2015, 10:35 PM
It's Football. If you arent standing 3 out of the 4 Q's- you arent doing it right

Tbonewannabe
06-13-2015, 10:44 PM
You want to have a nice relaxing time either watch it at home or at the tailgate. Football and basketball rely on home field advantage.

Pollodawg
06-14-2015, 12:24 AM
People standing and cheering is part of the game day atmosphere and environment. If you don't want the atmosphere, stay at the house.

GreenheadDawg
06-14-2015, 09:45 AM

Sounds like you should stay at the house then. Plenty of peace and quiet there. Would you want to play for a bunch of people who sit on their ass the whole game?

GreenheadDawg
06-14-2015, 09:47 AM
It's Football. If you arent standing 3 out of the 4 Q's- you arent doing it right

Exactly. Who wants to play for a quiet stadium. Jesus I don't understand some people. If you don't want to stand and yell for your team then give your ticket to somebody who will add to the home field advantage

BossDawg
06-14-2015, 10:01 AM
Exactly. Who wants to play for a quiet stadium. Jesus I don't understand some people. If you don't want to stand and yell for your team then give your ticket to somebody who will add to the home field advantage

I respect the other team too much to holler like a crazy hoodlum, son! Plus it hurts my ears and my hips start aching if I stand too long.*****

Bully13
06-14-2015, 10:02 AM
I was sure WMD was joking. Can't believe he wasn't. Wow is all I got on that.

OurState
06-14-2015, 10:24 AM
We really have to have this fight aGAIN? There's simple etiquette: If you want to sit down, stay at home get a big TV and keep your ass planted. If you are in the stadium, get off your ass.

Fixed it for you

tcdog70
06-14-2015, 10:54 AM
Some people can't stand the whole game. They stand when it is appropriate . I can can make noise sitting down. I can ring a cow bell sitting down. If you are the only ones standing and everybody else sits, then you are a rude person. The same person rings his cowbell constantly. There is a time to stand and a time to ring your bell. If your were supposed to stand the whole game there wouldn't be any seats.. I always stay to the last tics of the clock. Some of the fans that leave in the third quarter are the same one that stand. Leaving early is much worse

mstatefan91
06-14-2015, 11:00 AM
Just make noise. Sit, stand, or dance in the aisle. I don't care. Just don't contemplate the complexities of the universe when you are supposed to be creating a favorable environment for your team.

shoeless joe
06-14-2015, 11:03 AM
Some people can't stand the whole game. They stand when it is appropriate . I can can make noise sitting down. I can ring a cow bell sitting down. If you are the only ones standing and everybody else sits, then you are a rude person. The same person rings his cowbell constantly. There is a time to stand and a time to ring your bell. If your were supposed to stand the whole game there wouldn't be any seats.. I always stay to the last tics of the clock. Some of the fans that leave in the third quarter are the same one that stand. Leaving early is much worse

Respect the stand!

sleepy dawg
06-14-2015, 11:40 AM
I hate people sitting behind me quietly while I'm up standing and yelling for my team, trying to help create the best possible environment for my team. I'm not sitting down and being quiet just because the pussies around me wanna chit chat about their lives. We're there for f*cking football, not for playing catchup with our neighbors.

662dawg
06-14-2015, 12:11 PM
Well this escalated quickly

scottycameron
06-14-2015, 01:08 PM
you getter bet cell phone reception when you're standing, apparently.

LC Dawg
06-14-2015, 01:43 PM
If we are to stand only at appropriate times who gets to decide what is appropriate? I just really don't understand someone being pissed because someone is standing during a football game.

TheRef
06-14-2015, 02:02 PM
You know what the worst part about moving from the student section to the regular section will be? Having to try and figure out when the "right" time is to stand and cheer. I'm used to standing the whole game and being loud the whole time.

I seen it dawg
06-14-2015, 02:57 PM
Don't change son

sleepy dawg
06-14-2015, 03:48 PM
You know what the worst part about moving from the student section to the regular section will be? Having to try and figure out when the "right" time is to stand and cheer. I'm used to standing the whole game and being loud the whole time.

Please continue. I faced the same challenge, and it's tough to overcome sometimes. While some probably hate me for standing, I feel it is a responsibility to stand and yell like hell. Your team needs you and your support. The louder we are the more the players will respond.

I understand some people are annoyed, but if we're on defense, it is for sure, never a bad time to yell and stand. If we're up or down by 14, the game isn't over by a long shot. Many will only participate on 3rd down. A lot of people just don't want to stand out because they feel stupid so they keep seated, but when some people like yourself will stand and yell, others follow. They always follow. Be a leader. Show others what they should be doing if they aren't.
You think Alabama's and LSU's fans give a shit about the guy behind them? There's a reason their home fields have such a huge advantage (other than the refs), and it's because their fans make it deafening all game.

Dawgcentral
06-14-2015, 06:59 PM
Some folks can't stand for 3 out of 4 quarters. I stand and ring my bell much of the time, but I've sat with, and beside some folks with a blown out knee. I've sat with veterans who are simply too old to get up and down that much, folks who have been giving to MSU for 50 years and more.

It's a delicate balance. I'm not going to tell those guys to stay home. And I'm certainly not going to argue with them.

I get on my feet whenever I sense the need on big Down's, and many other times. But sometimes I understand when there's a point in the game that some older alumni need a break.

Getting on our feet and being loud is a big key to the game. I'm just glad I'm still healthy enough to see the game and get loud when the time comes.

MSUDawg4Life
06-14-2015, 07:18 PM

That's why I always sat on the student side until they moved the students to the endzone. I have been out of school 20+ years and I feel that I'm more like the students than these old fogies (though I'm slowly becoming an old fogie, lol). I would be highly pissed if somebody told me to sit down because they wanted to relax at a football game.

War Machine Dawg
06-14-2015, 07:41 PM

This. Don't know why it's so hard to understand. Who the hell said anything about being quiet while you sit? Certainly not me. I yell myself damn hoarse during the season. And I probably stand about 50% of the time, when the rest of the crowd is standing. Example: 3rd down of any sort, pretty much everyone stands. I just don't understand why some people feel the need to be assholes all the time, but apparently they feel like a football game is a license to do so.

blacklistedbully
06-15-2015, 01:06 PM
This. Don't know why it's so hard to understand. Who the hell said anything about being quiet while you sit? Certainly not me. I yell myself damn hoarse during the season. And I probably stand about 50% of the time, when the rest of the crowd is standing. Example: 3rd down of any sort, pretty much everyone stands. I just don't understand why some people feel the need to be assholes all the time, but apparently they feel like a football game is a license to do so.

I'm with you on this one, WMD. No need to stand 100% of a game, and if you are the only one doing it, blocking others from seeing the game, you are rude, PERIOD. If you want to stand the whole game without regard for your fellow fan, then move your ass up to the very top of the stadium and stand all you want.

That said, if it's one of those intense or special moments in a game, and you don't want to stand, don't get bent-out-of-shape when people in front of you DO stand.

WMD is not talking about that, though. He, and others are talking about the inconsiderate asses who stand, no matter what, and at all times, without any consideration of the fans behind them. They paid for their seat too, and have a reasonable expectation to be able to watch much of the game without standing.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-15-2015, 01:28 PM
There is no policy for sitting or standing during certain times of the game, so if you don't like being behind someone who stands up then move your ass to the bottom row or go sit in the junction.
ETA: And I wish people would pay attention a little more, seen it time and time again where people look up and realize that it's 3rd down only to not start cheering until after the play has started...Come on MAN!

MSUDawg99
06-15-2015, 01:35 PM
Well this escalated quickly

HAHAHAHAHA! Wait to go, 662Dawg! All your fault. Ha.

Dawg Corps
06-15-2015, 02:16 PM
To everything, turn, turn, turn.
There is a season, turn, turn, turn.
And a time to every purpose under heaven.
A time to be born, a time to die.
A time to plant, a time to reap.
A time to kill, a time to heal.
A time to laugh, a time to weep.

A time to build up, a time to break down.
A time to dance, a time to mourn.
A time to cast away stones.
A time to gather stones together.

A time of love, a time of hate.
A time of war, a time of peace.
A time you may embrace.
A time to refrain from embracing.

A time to gain, a time to lose.
A time to rend, a time to sew.
A time for love, a time for hate.
A time for peace, I swear it's not too late.

Howboutdemdogs
06-15-2015, 05:24 PM
Bingo WMD and blacklistedbully. No one has said anything about being silent, or not standing at all. Also, it should not be a question of loyalty or being a dye hard fan if one chooses to sit at times during a game. (Know the facts first before drawing or jumping to a conclusion). Especially, if they are reading and responding to these threads. We are all Dog fans! Don't hate and segregate here among ourselves.

blacklistedbully
06-15-2015, 09:22 PM
There is no policy for sitting or standing during certain times of the game, so if you don't like being behind someone who stands up then move your ass to the bottom row or go sit in the junction.
ETA: And I wish people would pay attention a little more, seen it time and time again where people look up and realize that it's 3rd down only to not start cheering until after the play has started...Come on MAN!

Way to go, smartass. You know damned well folks can't move closer. And it's not about, "policy". It's about good manners, and being considerate to your fellow fan.

Civility is unfortunately becoming a relic of the past. Sadly, it's a, "what's-in-it-for-me" society, leaking down from each successive generation, diluting overall what is considered, "acceptable behavior".

Sometimes you see it in little things, like if somebody cuts you off on the freeway and you give them a look, just to see them shoot you the bird and scream at you to go 17 yourself, often with kids in your car, theirs or both. Or in a movie theater where some people talk out loud during the movie, then get pissed at you for asking them to tone it down, etc.

Tbonewannabe
06-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Way to go, smartass. You know damned well folks can't move closer. And it's not about, "policy". It's about good manners, and being considerate to your fellow fan.

Civility is unfortunately becoming a relic of the past. Sadly, it's a, "what's-in-it-for-me" society, leaking down from each progressive generation, diluting overall what is considered, "acceptable behavior".

Sometimes you see it in little things, like if somebody cuts you off on the freeway and you give them a look, just to see them shoot you the bird and scream at you to go 17 yourself, often with kids in your car, theirs or both. Or in a movie theater where some people talk out loud during the movie, then get pissed at you for asking them to tone it down, etc.

I agree with this for the most part. Some people can't stand the whole game. I understand that but on 3rd down or at a crucial time, people just have to understand that it is important to stand up and make noise. It is why home field is valuable. When it is so loud it is causing false starts or just energizing the team, it is important.

blacklistedbully
06-15-2015, 11:25 PM
I agree with this for the most part. Some people can't stand the whole game. I understand that but on 3rd down or at a crucial time, people just have to understand that it is important to stand up and make noise. It is why home field is valuable. When it is so loud it is causing false starts or just energizing the team, it is important.

This is the position I took.

tcdog70
06-16-2015, 09:57 AM

That is what I meant when I said the appropriate time to stand. What idiot doesn't know when to stand. I am sure Dak and the Boys are worried about who is standing and who is sitting. i am much more worried about people leaving the game early.