PDA

View Full Version : Donald Gray and Michael Carr

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-08-2013, 02:11 PM
They weren't on the roster released today. I assume Gray didn't make grades. I thought Carr would be there though. Y'all heard anything?

http://www.hailstate.com/fls/16800/pdf/fb/fb_roster_13fall.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=16800

J-Dawg
07-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Figured Gray wouldn't make it. Hopefully we get him back in the fold down the road.

Carr is puzzling. I thought he was back on the team. We could really use him.

HancockCountyDog
07-08-2013, 02:33 PM
It could be that he is just a walk on, I think they have different dates where they can join the team.

601Dawg
07-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Gray will be at Co-Lin CC this fall

Political Hack
07-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Gray will be at Co-Lin CC this fall

much better than NWCC.

HancockCountyDog
07-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Im telling you, seeing Redmond as a sophomore just pisses me off to no end.

I would like to kick Mirando, Denton Herring, Byron De'Vinner and Bracky Brett all in the nuts for what they have done to this kid. He will be a junior next year and will have almost no playing time.

Homedawg
07-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Figured Gray wouldn't make it. Hopefully we get him back in the fold down the road.

Carr is puzzling. I thought he was back on the team. We could really use him.

Carr has lots and lots of trouble in the classroom. And I'm being nice.

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-08-2013, 02:48 PM
I would like to kick Mirando, Denton Herring, Byron De'Vinner and Bracky Brett all in the nuts for what they have done to this kid. He will be a junior next year and will have almost no playing time.

Well, this is awkward.

And, don't just blame one man for contributing to the fund to get Will Redmond some cash. Or any player for that matter.

Coach34
07-08-2013, 02:51 PM

One of these is not like the others- one of these things does not beong

Devinner spewing his bullshit over a few dollars as he wears his OM gear was the problem in this situation- then Brett's/Administration's incompetence in dealing with the NCAA is the 2nd biggest factor. The other two people you mentioned are not the bad guys

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-08-2013, 03:12 PM
It could be that he is just a walk on, I think they have different dates where they can join the team.

I asked Kyle Nibblet the question and he didn't answer, which is unusual. Makes me think it is something he can't talk about.

Political Hack
07-08-2013, 03:23 PM

well hello there sugar plum. I can promise you one thing, nobody outside of Will or his mom was more pissed off than me about what happened to him.... so in short, join the group.

HancockCountyDog
07-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Well, this is awkward.

And, don't just blame one man for contributing to the fund to get Will Redmond some cash. Or any player for that matter.

I guess since the case is closed its ok discussing this, and Im sorry if I offended anyone that was directly involved with this, but it just pisses me off to no end. The Bears are getting limos, hookers, and Im sure wads of cash to recruits and we give one player a small amount of cash and it front page news. I mean in all honesty, what was the big deal.

Mirando probably should have just done what Im sure other coaches do and be blind deaf and dumb when it comes to this shady part of recruiting.

The one thing that IT tells me is that we have to get better at cheating. Coach34 is right, Bracky needs to be reassigned and we need to start playing the game like everyone else.

32 Dive
07-08-2013, 03:55 PM
The one thing that IT tells me is that we have to get better at recruiting effectively, in the framework of the NCAA, as it today exists.

FIFY...

It is quite bothersome to hear we need to get better at cheating... ;)

32 Dive
07-08-2013, 04:03 PM
much better than NWCC.

We should be glad, that DG is in the good hands of the coaching staff at Col-Lin.

Coach34
07-08-2013, 04:13 PM
FIFY...

It is quite bothersome to hear we need to get better at cheating... ;)

"recruiting effectively, in the framework of the NCAA, as it today exists."

Yes, that's a much better way to state it

Todd4State
07-08-2013, 05:19 PM
I guess since the case is closed its ok discussing this, and Im sorry if I offended anyone that was directly involved with this, but it just pisses me off to no end. The Bears are getting limos, hookers, and Im sure wads of cash to recruits and we give one player a small amount of cash and it front page news. I mean in all honesty, what was the big deal.

Mirando probably should have just done what Im sure other coaches do and be blind deaf and dumb when it comes to this shady part of recruiting.

The one thing that IT tells me is that we have to get better at cheating. Coach34 is right, Bracky needs to be reassigned and we need to start playing the game like everyone else.

The thing is we have fans that get pissed because "Dan can't recruit" and say that we should play the game. And then a lot of those same fans bitch when we get caught and say that we should be as claean as possible.

We can't have it both ways the way we are running things right now.

Coach34
07-08-2013, 05:21 PM
The thing is we have fans that get pissed because "Dan can't recruit" and say that we should play the game. And then a lot of those same fans bitch when we get caught and say that we should be as claean as possible.

This needs to be remembered

Coach34
07-08-2013, 05:22 PM

and this also

Quaoarsking
07-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Any chance we redshirt Redmond this year? That would make him a redshirt sophomore next year and give him 3 complete years to play and make an impact.

Todd4State
07-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Any chance we redshirt Redmond this year? That would make him a redshirt sophomore next year and give him 3 complete years to play and make an impact.

I'm pretty sure that they would still make him sit out six games one way or the other.

Pollodawg
07-09-2013, 11:24 AM
I worry about DG. What are the odds he signs with us again out of JUCO? Need to stay on this kid.

Coach34
07-09-2013, 11:59 AM

No- sitting a year and a half is long enough

sandwolf
07-09-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that they would still make him sit out six games one way or the other.

Correct. Can't redshirt away a suspension.......otherwise we would just claim last year as his RS year.

maroonmania
07-09-2013, 01:16 PM

I think all but the most naive MSU fans realize we have to play the game to some extent if we have any intentions of competing in the SEC. I think most of the bitching I've seen is that we apparently do it very sloppily and that our own compliance department seems to be our own worst enemy. As in the fact that, for the NCAA, having Bracky patrolling MSU is better than if they had their own branch office set up in Starkville.

The Croom Diaries
07-10-2013, 01:50 PM
I hear Michael Carr is no longer with the team. Sounds like grades.