PDA

View Full Version : New Football Commit

Ifyouonlyknew
06-13-2015, 01:14 PM
Cameron Dantzler DB from Hammond, LA. Camped last week & was offered. Came back up today with his family to commit to Mullen personally. Also had offers from Cincinnati, Texas Texh, Utah, Louisiana Tech, & others.

BeastMan
06-13-2015, 01:17 PM
Really good player and get. I couldn't be happier with he, Morgan Walker, and Allen as our CB commits. Now we wait out Knott but with these three on board I feel really good about CB regardless

Thompson92
06-13-2015, 01:25 PM
All 3 CBs are LA guys, interesting. Looked like Dantzler is a pretty good athlete. Won state in the long jump, 2nd in triple jump or something like that. Good stuff.

Coach34
06-13-2015, 01:26 PM
He showed out last week. Big pick-up for us

hailmari
06-13-2015, 01:30 PM
Heavily compared to a Jonathon Banks fellow..

ShotgunDawg
06-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Heavily compared to a Jonathon Banks fellow..

Has anyone noticed how we compare every DB commit to Jonathon Banks?

Not saying it's not a good comp, but we've got to find some new names.

Every RB commit we get gets compared to Dixon, every WR is compared to Moulds, every LB is compared to KJ Wright, & every DL is compared to Cox

I seen it dawg
06-13-2015, 02:20 PM
Well these are arguably the best to play at the positions we've had...what's the problem?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-13-2015, 02:27 PM

Every RB commit we get gets compared to Dixon, every WR is compared to Moulds, every LB is compared to KJ Wright, & every DL is compared to Cox

Well when Mullen does it himself what are we supposed to do? Mullen told Dantzler he plays & looks like Banks fans didn't make it up.

Thick
06-13-2015, 02:31 PM
I prefer out RBs compared to JJ Johnson. I like Boobie, but JJ was a tough SOB!

ShotgunDawg
06-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Well when Mullen does it himself what are we supposed to do? Mullen told Dantzler he plays & looks like Banks fans didn't make it up.

I didn't realize you said that about Dantzler. In any event, I like having a range of player to compare these guys to so that can actually get a clearer picture of the type of player he will be.

For example: I'm sure we've had someone on here compare Bear to Moulds, when they are virtually nothing alike. However, if you compare Bear to Kelvin Benjamin, then we have a clearer picture of what type of player he is.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-13-2015, 02:46 PM
I didn't realize you said that about Dantzler. In any event, I like having a range of player to compare these guys to so that can actually get a clearer picture of the type of player he will be.

For example: I'm sure we've had someone on here compare Bear to Moulds, when they are virtually nothing alike. However, if you compare Bear to Kelvin Benjamin, then we have a clearer picture of what type of player he is.

I agree with you on that part. On this 1 comparing Dantzler to Banks is actually accurate. Both around 6'2" 165-170lbs very athletic & versatile.

MSUDawg4Life
06-13-2015, 04:17 PM

Well, those guys set the standard. Who else are we supposed to compare them to? Hope they live up to?

FlabLoser
06-13-2015, 04:36 PM
For example: I'm sure we've had someone on here compare Bear to Moulds, when they are virtually nothing alike.

I don't think we have.

Original48
06-13-2015, 04:40 PM

Dantzler is a faster, smarter, taller, different raced Brian Hutson.

Billy Ray Valentine
06-13-2015, 04:44 PM
Dantzler is a faster, smarter, taller, different raced Brian Hutson.

Should be a beast on American Gladiator then

msstate7
06-13-2015, 04:44 PM
This kid compares to Deion sanders only better. That better? haha

blacklistedbully
06-13-2015, 09:17 PM

What?? I can't remember the last time I saw someone compare any of our recent RB recruits to Dixon. Can't remember WR's compared to Moulds, maybe one or two LB's to KJ, perhaps a couple to Cox. But for the most part, seems to me really rare those comparisons are made.

War Machine Dawg
06-13-2015, 10:12 PM
Cameron Dantzler DB from Hammond, LA. Camped last week & was offered. Came back up today with his family to commit to Mullen personally. Also had offers from Cincinnati, Texas Texh, Utah, Louisiana Tech, & others.

You can stop talking about yourself in the 3rd person, Dan. We all know it's you.

That said, I get really excited about these early 3 star commits that not many have heard about. They've been our bread and butter.

Todd4State
06-13-2015, 10:46 PM
I prefer out RBs compared to JJ Johnson. I like Boobie, but JJ was a tough SOB!

I agree. 6'2" 230 pounds of badass. The dude almost carried us to the SEC West title all by himself. Plus, he was an ex-marine which makes him even more badass.

Todd4State
06-13-2015, 10:46 PM
Should be a beast on American Gladiator then

Brian Hutson was on American Galdiator? Did not know that.

msstate7
06-13-2015, 10:49 PM
I agree. 6'2" 230 pounds of badass. The dude almost carried us to the SEC West title all by himself. Plus, he was an ex-marine which makes him even more badass.

God, I wish jj could've been healthy for the sec championship

Howboutdemdogs
06-14-2015, 08:48 AM
Hudson won it that year. Gladiator Champion.

War Machine Dawg
06-14-2015, 07:43 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, JJ was Navy, not Marines.