PDA

View Full Version : The Auburn game from last year is on the SEC Network NOW.

Liverpooldawg
06-13-2015, 12:38 PM
WHAT a GREAT day!

CadaverDawg
06-13-2015, 02:21 PM
WHAT a GREAT day!

It's crazy to see just how many points we left on the field during this game. Tons of turnovers and dumb decisions, to go along with several 3rd down and long conversions by Auburn that led to their scores.

If we hadn't turned it over so much, faked punt, ran failed jump pass on 3rd & 1 inside 5, etc...we might have beaten them 55-7. We were THAT much better than them

FlabLoser
06-13-2015, 02:47 PM
That is the new Mississippi State. The old MSU would have to play a perfect game to beat Auburn. We're good enough now to win without playing perfect.

And that is what great teams do. They are good enough to overcome mistakes and win anyway.

msstate7
06-13-2015, 02:50 PM
It's crazy to see just how many points we left on the field during this game. Tons of turnovers and dumb decisions, to go along with several 3rd down and long conversions by Auburn that led to their scores.

If we hadn't turned it over so much, faked punt, ran failed jump pass on 3rd & 1 inside 5, etc...we might have beaten them 55-7. We were THAT much better than them

And on the flip side, if they don't get that huge PI (correct call), we quite possibly lose

FlabLoser
06-13-2015, 03:10 PM
Ya know how many times we almost beat top 5, top 10, teams and lost because of a break here or there? More than I can count. I don't give gnat's butt that Auburn got close to a comeback.

msstate7
06-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Ya know how many times we almost beat top 5, top 10, teams and lost because of a break here or there? More than I can count. I don't give gnat's butt that Auburn got close to a comeback.

Neither do I. Just saying that even though we dominated, we still could have lost bc we didn't play a clean game. We won't win on the plains this year if we play that sloppy. We've got to find a way to play 60 mins of good football in big games this year. We were sloppy for a quarter against lsu and it almost cost us. We were sloppy against auburn and the game was much closer than it should've been. We were sloppy vs Kentucky and it was much closer than it should've been. We were sloppy in the red zone vs bama and it cost us a loss. We were sloppy tackling against OM and it cost a loss.

I want to see us execute for 60 mins against our best opponents this year.

starkvegasdawg
06-13-2015, 03:35 PM
Neither do I. Just saying that even though we dominated, we still could have lost bc we didn't play a clean game. We won't win on the plains this year if we play that sloppy. We've got to find a way to play 60 mins of good football in big games this year. We were sloppy for a quarter against lsu and it almost cost us. We were sloppy against auburn and the game was much closer than it should've been. We were sloppy vs Kentucky and it was much closer than it should've been. We were sloppy in the red zone vs bama and it cost us a loss. We were sloppy tackling against OM and it cost a loss.

Asking because I don't know. How many of those plays were against our 1b's?

CadaverDawg
06-13-2015, 03:38 PM

Totally agree

msstate7
06-13-2015, 03:43 PM
Asking because I don't know. How many of those plays were against our 1b's?

Probably a good bit. A lot of those 1b's will probably be 1a's this year though

starkvegasdawg
06-13-2015, 03:57 PM
Probably a good bit. A lot of those 1b's will probably be 1a's this year though
I'm hoping an extra year in the system has made them better, though. Along with a better coordinator.

msstate7
06-13-2015, 04:05 PM
I'm hoping an extra year in the system has made them better, though. Along with a better coordinator.

I didn't agree with 1b last year, but it could play huge dividends this year.

And yeah, I like Diaz better than Collins