PDA

View Full Version : I'm shocked. An unbiased SDS article about MSU

starkvegasdawg
06-13-2015, 12:33 PM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/mississippi-state-has-sec-most-underrated-backfield/

BulldogDX55
06-13-2015, 01:59 PM
THey throw one of these out for us every now and then so they won't lose our fanbase as readers.

Coach34
06-13-2015, 02:28 PM
good article. Glad to see someone write about what Ive been saying for 3 months now

thf24
06-13-2015, 02:47 PM
Not bad. It reminds me to ask about something I've been wondering for a while now: actually what kind of back is Aeris? When he first came in I seem to remember most describing him as the same style as Shump, runs hard but a step slow, but more recently I've seen several sources describe him as a change-of-pace guy, even "speedy" like this acticle uses. Which one is it?

Coach34
06-13-2015, 04:04 PM
He's not a step slow. He's just not as much of a bruiser as DLee

shoeless joe
06-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Not bad. It reminds me to ask about something I've been wondering for a while now: actually what kind of back is Aeris? When he first came in I seem to remember most describing him as the same style as Shump, runs hard but a step slow, but more recently I've seen several sources describe him as a change-of-pace guy, even "speedy" like this acticle uses. Which one is it?

His running style in high school was a mirror image of what you saw from shump last year. I stated several times that IF he ran like that in college he may struggle because he does lack some overall athleticism compared to shump. But Aeris is a smart kid and an absolute beast of a worker so I'm sure he'll figure out what he needs to do to be successful. I didn't get to watch the entire spring game but what I did see of Aeris reminded me of JJ. Not saying he'll be that good, or how good he'll be in the end but that was the immediate comparison that came to mind.

662dawg
06-13-2015, 05:20 PM
I'm with coach. This is what I've been saying for months now along with our O-line being very solid this year.

Maybe they're reading some of my articles to get a little more insight about MSU...

I kid but coach has been saying the same thing as I have for months now.

We are going to be very very good at QB, RB, WR. Likely even elite at all 3 positions.

We will be better on offense in 2015 than in 2014.

We will be better on defense in 2015 on coaching change alone.

Diaz will bring the pain and he's got the tools to work with.

But we will finish 7th in the West?

Dak alone isn't going to allow that to happen.

I'm not sure why it will even be considered sneaking up on teams, but we will be that team... AGAIN.