PDA

View Full Version : 2016 baseball roster

MsStateBaseball
06-12-2015, 10:20 PM
Obviously going to be tight. Between telling a couple not to come back, redshirt walkons and cutting after fall ball. Nature of the beast.

I predict each year now we have to oversign by a couple.

So no one should ever say what happened to so and so. Anyway the coaches have to get down to 35, it will.

Tripp McNeely
06-12-2015, 10:22 PM
Care to take a guess as to what it looks like??

Todd4State
06-12-2015, 11:35 PM
One key thing to remember about the roster is players that redshirt don't count against the 35 man limit. RS = people I think we will RS. Italics = guys I think get cut.

LHP:

1. Vance Tatum
2. Daniel Brown
3. Trent Waddell
4. Jared Padgett
5. Ethan Small
6. Kale Breaux
7. Konnor Pilkington
8. Trysten Barlow
9. Alex London (RS)

RHP:

10. Austin Sexton
11. Jesse McCord (RS- medical)
12. Dakota Hudson
13. Aaron Dominguez
14. Logan Elliott
15. Levi Mintz
16. Zac Houston
17. Jacob Billingsley
18. Myles Gentry
19. Keegan James
20. Noah Hughes
21. Ryan Rigby
22. Parker Ford
23. Ryan Cyr

Catchers:

24. Gavin Collins
25. Josh Lovelady
26. Elih Marrero

Infielders:

27. Cole Gordon
28. Luke Reynolds
29. Ryan Gridley
30. John Holland
31. Matt Spruill- should be the biggest Atlanta Braves fan in America right now.
32. Hunter Stovall
33. Luke Alexander
34. Delvin Zinn (RS)
35. Nate Lowe

Outfielders:

36. Michael Smith
37. Jacob Robson
38. Joey Swinarski
39. Brent Rooker
40. Cody Brown
41. Reid Humphreys
42. Jake Mangum
43. Brant Blaylock
44. Tanner Poole (RS)

Todd4State
06-12-2015, 11:41 PM
Billingsley, Gentry, and Swinarski have all had injuries and have had a hard time recovering. Dominguez redshirted on our pitching staff. Enough said. Waddell got the cut over Ellott because Butch loves sidearmers.

Spruill stays because if Luke Reynolds goes down, we have no other options- probably Gavin Collins would get the nod at third base if I had to guess. God help us if it's Zinn as a true freshman.

Backspin
06-13-2015, 12:39 AM
Todd, any player receiving baseball money, even if he redshirts, counts against the 27 allowed to be on baseball money and the 35 man roster. If you're on baseball money, you are on the roster. Another ridiculous NCAA mandate.

Backspin
06-13-2015, 12:52 AM
Tough choices for coaches and cold hard reality coming for several fine young men who have grinded and dedicated themselves to the sport they love for many years. "Some of us are told at 40...some at 18...but eventually we're all told." Quote from movie "Moneyball" The roster has to be cut to 35 by the first game in February....27 on baseball $$ and 8 walk-ons. Usually seniors are asked, or sometimes told, to forego their scholly to free up baseball $$ for freshmen.

bulldogcountry1
06-13-2015, 06:29 AM
We are going to lose an abnormal amount of current players. Whether it's due to discipline/attitude, talent level, lack of development, or a combination, it's not a good sign. It's actually a nightmare scenario, given that two years ago, we were on top of the world. There's no reason for this to be happening at this stage of the program. Someone needs to be held accountable for the bad decisions that got us to this point. It doesn't necessarily have to be in the form of a public announcement, but it needs to happen somehow. I doubt Minge is completely responsible, but I feel like he is the weak link. I'm just not sure what he brings to the party.

MsStateBaseball
06-13-2015, 07:47 AM
Remember Cohen was asked about who is coming back and he said don't know until after the draft? He's putting his money on the 2015 class. He is now going thru the roster after the draft now that he knows who coming.

He will now tell 1or 2 they don't have a shot so they can move on. We won't know anything about the roster until its released at fall ball. He will usually bring in 40.

Homedawg
06-13-2015, 08:03 AM
One key thing to remember about the roster is players that redshirt don't count against the 35 man limit. RS = people I think we will RS. Italics = guys I think get cut.

LHP:

1. Vance Tatum
2. Daniel Brown
3. Trent Waddell
4. Jared Padgett
5. Ethan Small
6. Kale Breaux
7. Konnor Pilkington
8. Trysten Barlow
9. Alex London (RS)

RHP:

10. Austin Sexton
12. Dakota Hudson
13. Aaron Dominguez
14. Logan Elliott
15. Levi Mintz
16. Zac Houston
17. Jacob Billingsley
18. Myles Gentry
19. Keegan James
20. Noah Hughes
21. Ryan Rigby
22. Parker Ford
23. Ryan Cyr

Catchers:

24. Gavin Collins
25. Josh Lovelady
26. Elih Marrero

Infielders:

27. Cole Gordon
28. Luke Reynolds
29. Ryan Gridley
30. John Holland
31. Matt Spruill- should be the biggest Atlanta Braves fan in America right now.
32. Hunter Stovall
33. Luke Alexander
34. Delvin Zinn (RS)
35. Nate Lowe

Outfielders:

36. Michael Smith
37. Jacob Robson
38. Joey Swinarski
39. Brent Rooker
40. Cody Brown
41. Reid Humphreys
42. Jake Mangum
43. Brant Blaylock
44. Tanner Poole (RS)
Remember the 27 on aid have to be part of the 35. They can redshirt, but they count against the 35. So trying to figure out who the 27 are is the most important part and go from there.

msstate7
06-13-2015, 08:09 AM

LHP:

1. Vance Tatum
2. Daniel Brown
3. Trent Waddell
4. Jared Padgett
5. Ethan Small
6. Kale Breaux
7. Konnor Pilkington
8. Trysten Barlow
9. Alex London (RS)

RHP:

10. Austin Sexton
12. Dakota Hudson
13. Aaron Dominguez
14. Logan Elliott
15. Levi Mintz
16. Zac Houston
17. Jacob Billingsley
18. Myles Gentry
19. Keegan James
20. Noah Hughes
21. Ryan Rigby
22. Parker Ford
23. Ryan Cyr

Catchers:

24. Gavin Collins
25. Josh Lovelady
26. Elih Marrero

Infielders:

27. Cole Gordon
28. Luke Reynolds
29. Ryan Gridley
30. John Holland
32. Hunter Stovall
33. Luke Alexander
34. Delvin Zinn (RS)
35. Nate Lowe

Outfielders:

36. Michael Smith
37. Jacob Robson
38. Joey Swinarski
39. Brent Rooker
40. Cody Brown
41. Reid Humphreys
42. Jake Mangum
43. Brant Blaylock
44. Tanner Poole (RS)

I wanna see marrero and lovelady catch. I've lost faith in Collins' defensive ability. Definetely want Collins to play somewhere though

Homedawg
06-13-2015, 08:11 AM
Todd, any player receiving baseball money, even if he redshirts, counts against the 27 allowed to be on baseball money and the 35 man roster. If you're on baseball money, you are on the roster. Another ridiculous NCAA mandate.

Sorry I see this was already posted. My bad.

maroonmania
06-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Billingsley, Gentry, and Swinarski have all had injuries and have had a hard time recovering. Dominguez redshirted on our pitching staff. Enough said. Waddell got the cut over Ellott because Butch loves sidearmers.

Spruill stays because if Luke Reynolds goes down, we have no other options- probably Gavin Collins would get the nod at third base if I had to guess. God help us if it's Zinn as a true freshman.

You could say the same thing about Elliott though that you said about Dominguez. Hard to believe that if either of these guys were going to help us they wouldn't have pitched this past season. And at least Dominguez was a HS pitcher, I was thinking Elliott came in from JUCO which makes it even worse.

zdawg
06-13-2015, 11:48 AM
I think some of our fans don't really realize how much talent is in this freshman class. I agree they haven't proven anything yet but it's just a matter of time before everyone is a believer. Add these guys to the players already there and you've a recipe for success. Big things are just ahead for all of us ! HailState !!!

MsStateBaseball
06-13-2015, 04:21 PM
Care to take a guess as to what it looks like??

I will update my roster on my blog soon. I just hate guessing at this point. Todd's list is pretty spot on. The life of a walk-on is short now. But they do get trained, lift weights ,etc so they can take that with them.