PDA

View Full Version : 2015 pitchers expected to return in 2016...

maroonmania
06-12-2015, 02:15 PM
For sure ---

LHP (2):

Daniel Brown
Vance Tatum

RHP (4):

Austin Sexton
Dakota Hudson
Zac Houston
Levi Mintz

I assume will return but not sure ---

Aaron Dominguez (R)
Jesse McCord (R) injured
Jacob Billingsley (R) injured
Logan Elliott (R) ?

I assume will not return but not sure ---

Paul Young (R)
Myles Gentry (R) injured
Preston Brown (R) (heard he likely wouldn't come back for SR season)
Paxton Stover (L) ?

Thoughts? Looks like 6 pitchers back that at least contributed in 2015. We've certainly got lots of room for some true freshmen to get significant innings in 2016.

State82
06-12-2015, 04:59 PM
What's the deal with Preston? Had not heard that before.

Todd4State
06-12-2015, 05:01 PM
Stover, Young, and Preston will all be gone.

McCord will be back- and they are going to see how he does after he recovers. We would be dumb to just cut him without at least kicking the tires. He has too much potential.

I expect everyone else to have to earn their spot on the team.

Todd4State
06-12-2015, 05:02 PM
What's the deal with Preston? Had not heard that before.

Going to med school.

State82
06-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Going to med school.

Oh yeah I do remember that now. Thanks

5 Star
06-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Season rests on Sexton, Hudson, Tatum and Houston. They need to do what they were recruited to do. I hope somebody steps up into a dominant Friday guy, at this point that needs to be Hudson. Sexton is the quintessential Saturday starter. Houston obviously has potential as the closer. Tatum can start or relieve, but he needs to be good at one of them. Brown (Daniel) can do a number of things for you, and could end up being one of our most valuable players. After that, the rest can fill in, no real pressure on them. We really don't need to be relying on freshman to come in and plug holes for starters. There just aren't that many Alex Lange's out there. People get stuck on the current season and don't realize that freshmen becoming elite starters is very rare. The reason LSU, Florida, Vanderbilt and Texas A&M were so good is because they were veteran-laden.

Our 3rd year guys have to step up. There is no other option.

messageboardsuperhero
06-12-2015, 05:32 PM
The five pitchers in the cape this summer will play important roles for us next year and need to be really good. As far I'm concerned after those five, everything's wide open.

Todd4State
06-12-2015, 05:36 PM
The five pitchers in the cape this summer will play important roles for us next year and need to be really good. As far I'm concerned after those five, everything's wide open.

Brown and Houston are off to good starts. The others haven't pitched yet- Hudson might be pushed back a little bit because of a broken hand.

Todd4State
06-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Nevermind what I said about Hudson- he pitched yesterday and threw an inning and didn't allow a hit or a run with 1K.

Our worst guy has been Daniel Brown so far- and here are his stats: 2.2 IP, 3 hits, 5K's, 0 BB's and an ERA of 0.00. That's GOOD news.

Houston threw 3 IP and has 5 K's with no BB's and no hits allowed.

Hudson has the 1 IP with 1 K and 0 BB's and 0 hits allowed.

messageboardsuperhero
06-12-2015, 05:56 PM
11 Ks and no walks in 6.2 scoreless innings against the best college talent in America... Where was this two months ago?

I seen it dawg
06-12-2015, 06:03 PM
They needed to get out of the toxic shithole our locker room had become.

Bothrops
06-12-2015, 06:21 PM
I notice we got Dominguez out of California, is he expected to contribute next year?

Jacksondevildog
06-12-2015, 06:32 PM
They needed to get out of the toxic shithole our locker room had become.

I've heard the same. The question is, did the ones that caused the problem in the locker room leave or are they still on campus?

5 Star
06-12-2015, 07:35 PM
I've heard the same. The question is, did the ones that caused the problem in the locker room leave or are they still on campus?
I think we'd all like to know this, because no one has proven it to be true. People proclaim it like the other poster, but never back it up.

I personally have not talked to anyone who said the locker room was toxic. You had some entitled goofballs running around, and I've heard that a few are pussies, but not locker room killing stuff.

Again, I just want someone to come with real evidence. Not doubting anyone.

War Machine Dawg
06-12-2015, 07:42 PM
I think we'd all like to know this, because no one has proven it to be true. People proclaim it like the other poster, but never back it up.

I personally have not talked to anyone who said the locker room was toxic. You had some entitled goofballs running around, and I've heard that a few are pussies, but not locker room killing stuff.

Again, I just want someone to come with real evidence. Not doubting anyone.

Uhhhh, that IS locker room killing stuff. Especially when you have a Meddler in charge.

Jacksondevildog
06-12-2015, 08:14 PM
When there are entitled ones running around and "pussies" that are playing in games, that can hurt the locker room.