PDA

View Full Version : Game 4 NBA finals. It's Time

Rayburn8
06-11-2015, 07:32 PM
The team (Cleveland) that won game three of the NBA finals after being tied 1-1 has won the series 84% of the time.

However, I think the winner of this game wins the series. Should be a good game. Both Curry and LeBron are shooting poorly. Eventually they will shoot well, that is when the fun starts.

Lets try to keep the Lebron-Jordan argument out of this thread and other things of such. Try to keep it game only.

cbrunt29
06-11-2015, 08:06 PM
I'm rooting for the Cavs, but I'm afraid Curry will explode in this game. Hope I'm wrong

Smitty
06-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Warriors will be a different team tonight.

Rayburn8
06-11-2015, 08:15 PM
All Cavs so far. Warriors starting Iggy and the small ball lineup. Getting killed inside tho.

cbrunt29
06-11-2015, 08:24 PM
High scoring game so far, which is a good thing for Golden State

Smitty
06-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Steph knocking em down.

GS will have a fresh Bogut where Cavs bigs will be gassed.

20-20

Rayburn8
06-11-2015, 08:27 PM
This is going to be a good one. Be interesting to see if GS small ball lineup works.

Smitty
06-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Terrible Joey Crawford

Dawg61
06-11-2015, 08:42 PM
David Lee is too good to get forgotten about for three straight games of zero minutes (before last). Hope the Grizzlies go after him.

cbrunt29
06-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Dellevadova sucking it up so far

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-11-2015, 08:54 PM
Cavs offense looks completely different than it has the first 3 games.

And Dellevadova is back to what he always has been

Dawg61
06-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Dellevadova sucking it up so far

He spent the night in the hospital after game 3. He looks like a man that spent the night in a hospital two days ago. They might wanna cut their losses with him and just rest him till game 5.

Rayburn8
06-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Ban Bogut from the league. So suck of his shit.

Dawg61
06-11-2015, 09:01 PM
And Dellevadova is back to what he always has been

That's rough. When has he been asked to lead a team with LeBron in the Finals before? He's having to be the 1st option outside LJ right now.

Smitty
06-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Delly needs his coffee

Smitty
06-11-2015, 09:02 PM
Ban Bogut from the league. So suck of his shit.

Nothing wrong with the foul good grief

Dawg61
06-11-2015, 09:03 PM
Delly needs his coffee

He needs a boost for sure. His tank is on empty.

Rayburn8
06-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Nothing wrong with the foul good grief

That was a quick reaction but Bogut gets away with so much. Pulling jersey, moving screens he is just dirty.

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-11-2015, 09:08 PM
That's rough. When has he been asked to lead a team with LeBron in the Finals before? He's having to be the 1st option outside LJ right now.
He's just not that good. He played out of his mind in game 3 and now he's back down to Earth. Nothing against him, he's just a role player.

Brad Stevens
06-11-2015, 09:30 PM
That was a quick reaction but Bogut gets away with so much. Pulling jersey, moving screens he is just dirty.

Pulling jerseys and moving screens qualifies one as a "dirty player?" That's news to me. I believe he is just slower in his lateral movement than Cleveland's big guys and getting exposed.

Smitty
06-14-2015, 09:38 PM
So it appears some were jumping the shark on LeBron as the GOAT, greatest Finals ever, etc.

Still can't sniff Jordan.

Rayburn8
06-14-2015, 09:44 PM
So it appears some were jumping the shark on LeBron as the GOAT, greatest Finals ever, etc.

LOL to anyone who puts this finals as a negative to LeBrons record. Jordan couldn't win shit till Pippen showed up. This Cavs team would be in the lottery with a top 8 pick if Lebron was not on that roster. You know what happened to Jordan's team when he left? They won 55 freaking games.

DudyDawg
06-14-2015, 09:48 PM

Yeah. All he's done tonight is be the second player ever (Michael isn't the other) to get 40 in a triple double in the finals. This series no matter how it ends doesn't diminish him as a player one bit

BeardoMSU
06-14-2015, 09:50 PM

Let the hate flow through you***

Rayburn8
06-14-2015, 09:51 PM
Yeah. All he's done tonight is be the second player ever (Michael isn't the other) to get 40 in a triple double in the finals. This series no matter how it ends doesn't diminish him as a player one bit

Curiosity who do you think is? People say the GOAT it always different from generation to generation. Had a older guy swear up and down Big O and Wilt were greater players than Jordan.

msstate7
06-14-2015, 09:54 PM
Curiosity who do you think is? People say the GOAT it always different from generation to generation. Had a older guy swear up and down Big O and Wilt were greater players than Jordan.
Jordan is the greatest. I can't stand the guy, but you're all kidding yourselves or young if you say he isn't

Rayburn8
06-14-2015, 09:57 PM
Jordan is the greatest. I can't stand the guy, but you're all kidding yourselves or young if you say he isn't

That is my point, people who watched Jordan say he is. People who watched Wilt and Big O say he is. It is, and always has been generation to generation. People who claim Wilt and Big O are the greatest can look at you and say exactly what you said to me.

Smitty
06-14-2015, 10:02 PM
Michael won 6 in a row. Would have been 8 in a row if not for baseball. In the modern era. Where the East wasn't a joke.

It's not like this Warriors team is stacked with all-time greats either. I mean Draymond Green? Andre Iguadola? Harrison Barnes? Leandro Barbosa?

If anything this should heighten Steph Curry's greatness. And Steve Kerr as well. But please stop acting as if LeBron just took 4 guys out of the Sanderson and started to ball with them.

Rayburn8
06-14-2015, 10:07 PM
Michael won 6 in a row. Would have been 8 in a row if not for baseball. In the modern era. Where the East wasn't a joke.

It's not like this Warriors team is stacked with all-time greats either. I mean Draymond Green? Andre Iguadola? Harrison Barnes? Leandro Barbosa?

If anything this should heighten Steph Curry's greatness. And Steve Kerr as well. But please stop acting as if LeBron just took 4 guys out of the Sanderson and started to ball with them.

The four players you just listed are a former all-star, runner up for DPOY, former 6MOY, and the guy who was proclaimed to be Kobe while he was in high school, and those are not even one of the two best players on their team. To say this Warriors team is not stacked, clearly shows you have not kept up with the NBA the past couple years.

Lebron is having to lean on 4 spot up shooters (Miller, who I'm suprised can still walk, Jones, Shump, and JR, who is probably high.) A white effort guy and a pure rebounder. Lebron is also pretty much the only decent ball handler on his team. He might actually be better off taking four guys from the Sanderson.

DudyDawg
06-14-2015, 10:17 PM

I never saw Jordan live during his first run and early second with the Bulls. But I've seen most of his playoff games with the Bulls during their dominance while I was too young to remember it. But based on that and pure accomplishments he's the best to me. But watching Lebron for his entire career I feel like he has the potential to pass Jordan but hasn't yet bc he's not quite got the same hardware. Although Jordan's teams still won 50 games when he left and lebron's teams won 25.

msstate7
06-14-2015, 10:32 PM
He might actually be better off taking four guys from the Sanderson.

Well it's obvious you can have a rational discussion when it comes to lebron***

Coach34
06-14-2015, 10:33 PM
LeBron is a great player
LeBron is the best player in the NBA today

LeBron is not the GOAT.

Rayburn8
06-14-2015, 11:07 PM
LeBron is a great player
LeBron is the best player in the NBA today

LeBron is not the GOAT.

Don't disagree, don't think he is. The sanderson thing was a joke. Just think it is dumb when people act like Jordan in untouchable.

cheewgumm
06-14-2015, 11:58 PM
The defenses were waaaayy rougher when Jordan was playing. And they could hand check. If you couldn't hand check Jordan, he'd score 50 a night.

cheewgumm
06-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Jordan was like a better version of Kobe.

thunderclap
06-15-2015, 09:30 AM
The teams Jordan played through a season and through the playoffs were a lot better than what is in the East today. And like somebody else said he won 6 in a row and woulda been more. LeBron is great. Jordan is greater. A lot of really great players and very good teams never got to play for or win a championship because of Jordan.

FlabLoser
06-15-2015, 09:46 AM
Biggest difference I see is Jordan could put his team on his back in the 4th Q of the finals and hit all the clutch shots.

Lebron almost had a triple double at halftime. Great. Where was he in the 4th?

Smitty
06-15-2015, 09:49 AM
The teams Jordan played through a season and through the playoffs were a lot better than what is in the East today. And like somebody else said he won 6 in a row and woulda been more. LeBron is great. Jordan is greater. A lot of really great players and very good teams never got to play for or win a championship because of Jordan.

Charles Barkley
Karl Malone/John Stockton
Clyde Drexler
Gary Payton/Shawn Kemp

And that's just the ones he beat in the Finals

Patrick Ewing
Shaq and Penny
Alonzo Mourning/Tim Hardaway
Reggie Miller

Eliminated by MJ during his runs

Smitty
06-15-2015, 09:52 AM
LeBron has eliminated Paul George in the East on his way to winning the finals with Miami.. That's it. Paul George twice.

Took down the Spurs. Took down Durant. Good accomplishments no doubt. But his path has been much more greased than Michael's ever was.

Tbonewannabe
06-15-2015, 10:07 AM

Bill Russell laughs at 6 in a row. Wilt averaged 50 & 20. It is hard to narrow it down to 1 player. I would say Jordan is the best guard ever and probably the most clutch.

Dawg61
06-15-2015, 10:11 AM
LeBron has eliminated Paul George in the East on his way to winning the finals with Miami.. That's it. Paul George twice.

Took down the Spurs. Took down Durant. Good accomplishments no doubt. But his path has been much more greased than Michael's ever was.

You were 2 years old when MJ was in his prime. Pretty tough to say MJ is definitively better than LeBron when you're still pooping in your diapers. js

BeardoMSU
06-15-2015, 10:14 AM
Where was he in the 4th?

Did you even watch the game? He scored 14 points in the 4th. What more can he do? He was dishing to his team mates all night. He can't shoot the ball for them. Those guys missed a lot of wide open shots, and were especially sloppy in the 4th; they can't even function when LB isn't on the floor.

DudyDawg
06-15-2015, 10:28 AM
Biggest difference I see is Jordan could put his team on his back in the 4th Q of the finals and hit all the clutch shots.

Lebron almost had a triple double at halftime. Great. Where was he in the 4th?

I believe Lebron is better statistically in crunch time than Jordan is so that argument is useless.

DudyDawg
06-15-2015, 10:30 AM
Did you even watch the game? He scored 14 points in the 4th. What more can he do? He was dishing to his team mates all night. He can't shoot the ball for them. Those guys missed a lot of wide open shots, and were especially sloppy in the 4th; they can't even function when LB isn't on the floor.

He assisted or scored only 70 of their 91 points. It's pretty weak he can't win when he has guys on his team who can drop 21 total points without him***

FlabLoser
06-15-2015, 11:45 AM
I guess its Lebron's misses during crunch time that jump out. You can say he can't make all the shots, but he should make the crunch time shots that he shoots no matter if he's scored 10 points or 100 points up to that point.

DudyDawg
06-15-2015, 11:49 AM
I guess its Lebron's misses during crunch time that jump out. You can say he can't make all the shots, but he should make the crunch time shots that he shoots no matter if he's scored 10 points or 100 points up to that point.

Agai, last I saw, he is one of the best in NBA history in crunch time statistically so that argument has no weight.

Rayburn8
06-15-2015, 12:39 PM

Right now Jordan is 7-15 on game winners, slightly better than Lebron's 7-17,(two misses in this series hurt him) and Kobe is 5-22. There is a photo but on mobile and can't put it up. He doesn't disappear in clutch moments but nobody makes every game winner, we may remember certain players making every game winner but that is just the nostalgia effect.

Political Hack
06-15-2015, 12:45 PM
I've never missed a game winning shot in an NBA game. I am the greatest.

Jordan won championships consistently with one team that he built from the floor up. LeBron is playing in a day and age where he can just say "hey, I'd like Mr. X" on my team this year, and they make it happen. He's renting. MJ owned.

FlabLoser
06-15-2015, 12:46 PM

Jordan won championships consistently with one team that he built from the floor up. LeBron is playing in a day and age where he can just say "hey, I'd like Mr. X" on my team this year, and they make it happen. He's renting. MJ owned.

^THIS.

Jordan sought to make his teammates better.

Lebron sought better teammates.

DudyDawg
06-15-2015, 03:08 PM

Jordan won championships with a team that finished second in their division and third in the east without him and won 55 games (all with a hall of fame coach). Lebron is trying to win a championship with a 33 win team who finished tenth without him (they had Kyrie tho, Lebron doesn't even have that) and a first year coach who just left the Israeli league.

How can you give Jordan credit for "building it from the floor up". They acquired Paxson right after he got there. They used two top ten picks to get Polynice (who was traded for Pippen) and Horace grant. Then they added Cartwright. Those were the 4 that started with Jordan in his first finals win. None of them were on the Bulls when he got there. Not exactly making his players better, sounds a lot like going and getting better players to me. Yet you say Lebron said "go get Mr. X" and Jordan didn't??? The only difference is Jordan was in Chicago where players wanted to come and Lebron started in shitty Cleveland where he could never (and clearly still hasn't) get help so he left.

DudyDawg
06-15-2015, 03:19 PM
^THIS.

Jordan sought to make his teammates better.

Lebron sought better teammates.

How many days did we spend talking about the undrafted Australian dude being a game changer? Yeah, Lebron doesn't make his teammates better.

Political Hack
06-15-2015, 03:46 PM
Jordan won championships with a team that finished second in their division and third in the east without him and won 55 games (all with a hall of fame coach). Lebron is trying to win a championship with a 33 win team who finished tenth without him (they had Kyrie tho, Lebron doesn't even have that) and a first year coach who just left the Israeli league.

How can you give Jordan credit for "building it from the floor up". They acquired Paxson right after he got there. They used two top ten picks to get Polynice (who was traded for Pippen) and Horace grant. Then they added Cartwright. Those were the 4 that started with Jordan in his first finals win. None of them were on the Bulls when he got there. Not exactly making his players better, sounds a lot like going and getting better players to me. Yet you say Lebron said "go get Mr. X" and Jordan didn't??? The only difference is Jordan was in Chicago where players wanted to come and Lebron started in shitty Cleveland where he could never (and clearly still hasn't) get help so he left.

I nearly pee'd myself. thank you for that.

Cavs: 1st overall pick, 1st overall pick, 1st overall pick, 4th overall pick, 5th overall pick, 5th overall pick, 9th overall pick. They have THREE #1 picks on their roster. I don't know if that's ever been done.

DudyDawg
06-15-2015, 04:11 PM
I nearly pee'd myself. thank you for that.

Cavs: 1st overall pick, 1st overall pick, 1st overall pick, 4th overall pick, 5th overall pick, 5th overall pick, 9th overall pick. They have THREE #1 picks on their roster. I don't know if that's ever been done.

No, thank you for the laugh. Here, I'll show what you really said for those too lazy to look.

I'm assuming the THREE you came up with include Andrew wiggins or Anthony Bennett (both aren't there).

1st overall pick - Lebron
1st overall pick - Kyrie (hurt all finals).
4th overall- Tristan Thompson
5th overall- Kevin love (hurt, 0 minutes).
9th overall- Shawn Marion (0 minutes in finals)
5th overall pick- mike miller. He's 35 years old and looks like he can barely walk. He's averaging a whole 0.8 points in the finals.

That leaves: Mozgov (undrafted), Delly (undrafted), James jones (35, 2nd round pick in 2003), JR smith (18th overall locker room cancer), Shumpert (17th overall defender averaging a whopping 7.7 points a game in his career), and a first year coach to cap it all off.

Lebron is playing with ONE player who averaged double digits this year

Political Hack
06-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Uh... so you're saying Lebron can't win in the finals because he doesn't have all the other first overall picks playing with him?

got it. thanks.

Smitty
06-15-2015, 04:34 PM
LeBron lost to Dirk

Smitty
06-15-2015, 04:42 PM
Klay Thompson- 11th
Draymond Green- 35th
Steph Curry- 7th
Andre Iguadola- 9th
Harrison Barnes- 7th

Thats their lineup. Not too lottery heavy.

Shaun Livingston is on his 10th NBA team.
Leandro Barbosa was playing in Brazil two years ago. GS is his 6th stop.

3 Cavs starters would be taller than all of GS starters and they were still outrebounded.

DudyDawg
06-15-2015, 04:45 PM
Uh... so you're saying Lebron can't win in the finals because he doesn't have all the other first overall picks playing with him?

got it. thanks.

No, I'm saying your post was insanely misleading. I'm also saying Lebron is carrying a team that wouldn't make the playoffs to the finals (evidenced by last year), and is now putting on one of the best finals in the history of the league statistically. I also said Jordan is the best, but that Lebron would be right there if he pulled this off.

DudyDawg
06-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Klay Thompson- 11th
Draymond Green- 35th
Steph Curry- 7th
Andre Iguadola- 9th
Harrison Barnes- 7th

Thats their lineup. Not too lottery heavy.

Shaun Livingston is on his 10th NBA team.
Leandro Barbosa was playing in Brazil two years ago. GS is his 6th stop.

3 Cavs starters would be taller than all of GS starters and they were still outrebounded.

Wow so what you're saying is Lebron is putting up double digit rebounds and his team is still getting out rebounded. Guy has no help there either, regardless of how tall his teammates are

Rayburn8
06-15-2015, 05:04 PM
Looking at draft picks is like looking at stars. Tristan Thompson was considered a colossal bust till these playoffs. Klay and Steph are both considered diamonds in the rough. More people before thus series predicted a GS sweep then they did a Cavs win. Literally every game GS has been favored. If you want to act like these rosters are anywhere close to the same talent level go ahead.

ETA: The Lebron's team is taller comment clearly shows you haven't watched the NBA the past couple years. The game is getting smaller, more teams are moving to small ball, quick pace, lineups.

BeardoMSU
06-15-2015, 05:07 PM

I agree, but The dude is gassed at the end. This wouldn't be a debate if he had a full team to play, or at least Irving to score and handle when he's out, but they are literally rudderless when Lebrun goes out. They are role players forced into starting roles.

Rayburn8
06-15-2015, 05:15 PM
I agree, but The dude is gassed at the end. This wouldn't be a debate if he had a full team to play, or at least Irving to score and handle when he's out, but they are literally rudderless when Lebrun goes out. They are role players forced into starting roles.

Bingo.

Rayburn8
06-15-2015, 05:18 PM
Cleveland's O in the 22 minutes LBJ hasn't played in Finals: 18.2 FG%, 00.0 3pt%, 54.6 pts/100 poss, -39.2 net.

? Dan McCarney (@danmccarneySAEN) June 15, 2015

Interesting stat for the discussion.

DudyDawg
06-15-2015, 05:24 PM
Cleveland's O in the 22 minutes LBJ hasn't played in Finals: 18.2 FG%, 00.0 3pt%, 54.6 pts/100 poss, -39.2 net.

? Dan McCarney (@danmccarneySAEN) June 15, 2015

Interesting stat for the discussion.

I don't see how a true basketball fan can see that and not appreciate just how incredible Lebron is playing right now. Hell at least early on in the playoffs JR was scoring. Lebron is doing this alone. Game 6 and he's missed a whole 22 minutes. Insane

BeardoMSU
06-15-2015, 05:31 PM
I don't see how a true basketball fan can see that and not appreciate just how incredible Lebron is playing right now. Hell at least early on in the playoffs JR was scoring. Lebron is doing this alone. Game 6 and he's missed a whole 22 minutes. Insane

No kidding. I knew how this discussion would go when the obligatory "I don't watch the NBA, but...." started coming out.

I'm a fan of greatness. You want to stick your head in the sand; by all means.

msstate7
06-15-2015, 05:37 PM
I really think you guys are close to changing the opposing guys' minds regarding lebron haha

msstate7
06-15-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm a fan of greatness. You want to stick your head in the sand; by all means.

I don't think anyone is disputing lebron is great. He is. I think others could say you're sticking your head in the sand on MJ's greatness.

I think for clarity, everyone should state their age along with their GOAT opinion

DudyDawg
06-15-2015, 05:40 PM
I really think you guys are close to changing the opposing guys' minds regarding lebron haha

A few more posts or a Lebron Quadruple double and we will be there!!!*

Rayburn8
06-15-2015, 05:44 PM
I don't think anyone is disputing lebron is great. He is. I think others could say you're sticking your head in the sand on MJ's greatness.

I think for clarity, everyone should state their age along with their GOAT opinion
Let me re-say Lebron is not the GOAT. All I am trying to say is that Jordan is no longer the UNDISPUTED GOAT. Basically I am saying it is now a conversation.

BeardoMSU
06-15-2015, 05:48 PM

I know, right, lol.

Truth be told, I'm not trying to proclaim Lebron as the GOAT. I think that debate is pretty dumb. Hell, someone posted earlier that Big O, Wilt, Dr. J, et al. probably all deserve consideration (with some good info to back it up), but MJ is just always the default.

There are a few things I really hate when I see people dismissing LBJ:
1) That the league is easier now, so whatever he does will never be as good as what was in the past. Where have we heard that before? Literally every person when they get old are nostalgic on what was "theirs" and dismissive on what the youngun's are in to; human nature folks, and just about bull shit every time.

2) That he is a diva, drama queen, dick, etc. Let me ask y'all this: when was the last time you saw MJ being a gentlemen, giving back to his community, promoting various organizations, etc? All I know of MJ in his retired years is his nasty gambling addiction. What about Wilt? Et al.?

3) That LBJ isn't clutch. A few well timed posts earlier in this thread point the other direction to that nonsense.

4) Lebron is always measured by a different metric than the other greats. Why? Because people hate him, and they look for any reason to discredit his accomplishments, and this is sorta a combination of all the above points. Lebron has become as polarizing has W and/or Obama (not trying to get political, btw); people either hate them, or love them, with very little middle ground.

BeardoMSU
06-15-2015, 05:50 PM
I think others could say you're sticking your head in the sand on MJ's greatness.

Look, I love MJ. I grew up watching the dude ball out. Personally, I like Shaq more though. Not necessarily for his basketball skills, which were awesome, but because he's such a funny-likable guy.

I will say MJ really disappointed me with his HOF speech. You'd think a guy of his caliber could show a bit of humility? Nope...

msstate7
06-15-2015, 05:53 PM
Let me re-say Lebron is not the GOAT. All I am trying to say is that Jordan is no longer the UNDISPUTED GOAT. Basically I am saying it is now a conversation.
I have no problem with that. Lebron is certainly the best of this group and deserves his name mentioned as GOAT, just not first haha

msstate7
06-15-2015, 05:55 PM
Look, I love MJ. I grew up watching the dude ball out. Personally, I like Shaq more though. Not necessarily for his basketball skills, which were awesome, but because he's such a funny-likable guy.

I will say MJ really disappointed me with his HOF speech. You'd think a guy of his caliber could show a bit of humility? Nope...

MJ is a jerk that I pulled against his whole career. Unfortunately for me, I hardly ever got to celebrate his failure. As bad as a person as MJ is, he was an even better basketball player

DudyDawg
06-15-2015, 05:56 PM
I have no problem with that. Lebron is certainly the best of this group and deserves his name mentioned as GOAT, just not first haha

Agreed. If you're building a team through history, he's a lottery pick. He's not first overall. Not yet, but he has the chance to be. He's still only 30

BeardoMSU
06-15-2015, 06:00 PM
Agreed. If you're building a team through history, he's a lottery pick. He's not first overall. Not yet, but he has the chance to be. He's still only 30

He's a top 2 or 3 pick, though, lol...since we're delving into hyperbole.

What would make Lebron so valuable on a team like this is his versatility and athleticism. I'd pick him as my PG, have MJ at the 2, Bird at the 3, The Dream at the 4, and Shaq at the 5 (#twintowers in the middle)

Try and score on that team...I dare you.

msstate7
06-15-2015, 06:04 PM
He's a top 2 or 3 pick, though, lol...since we're delving into hyperbole.

What would make Lebron so valuable on a team like this is his versatility and athleticism. I'd pick him as my PG, have MJ at the 2, Bird at the 3, The Dream at the 4, and Shaq at the 5 (#twintowers in the middle)

Try and score on that team...I dare you.

Gotta have magic at the point

Smitty
06-15-2015, 06:05 PM

**** that.

BeardoMSU
06-15-2015, 06:12 PM
Gotta have magic at the point

Perhaps, but Magic wasn't the scorer Bron is, and if James played PG full time, he'd avg the same assists as Johnson did. I'd have him coming off the bench though ;)

msstate7
06-15-2015, 06:14 PM
Perhaps, but Magic wasn't the scorer Bron is, and if James played PG full time, he'd avg the same assists as Johnson did. I'd have him coming off the bench though ;)

Quite a bench

BeardoMSU
06-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Quite a bench

Indeed, lol.

Dawg61
06-16-2015, 01:12 AM

I actually thought his HOF speech was intriguing. He shared with everyone what made him so great. Hate and fear of failure. It was pretty awesome for him to share that with people. Nice guys don't finish first.

Smitty
06-16-2015, 06:23 AM
I actually thought his HOF speech was intriguing. He shared with everyone what made him so great. Hate and fear of failure. It was pretty awesome for him to share that with people. Nice guys don't finish first.

Exactly he owes nobody nothing.

Humility? Good grief. Typical though.

I see that idea as the equivalent of a guy working his ass off for years, overcoming huge failures, building a successful company from the ground up and finally making it big time after untold 80+ hour weeks... Only to have some sniveling little shit that's never worked a day in his life say he ought to pay more tax or "give back". Humility.... Weak.

I seen it dawg
06-16-2015, 06:47 AM

I see that idea as the equivalent of a guy working his ass off for years, overcoming huge failures, building a successful company from the ground up and finally making it big time after untold 80+ hour weeks... Only to have some sniveling little shit that's never worked a day in his life say he ought to pay more tax or "give back". Humility.... Weak.

Not a bad analogy for you being the sniveling baseball shit.

BeardoMSU
06-16-2015, 09:01 AM

You just can't help yourself, can you?

Smitty
06-16-2015, 09:06 AM
You just can't help yourself, can you?

You can't. It explains your wanting him to show humility. Very unsurprising coming from you, a Philip Rearden.

BeardoMSU
06-16-2015, 09:15 AM
You can't. It explains your wanting him to show humility. Very unsurprising coming from you, a Philip Rearden.

That's cute, Smit.

Apparently there's not a single discussion on this board that can't be ruined by you. At least you haven't infected the GoT thread.

Rayburn8
06-16-2015, 09:15 AM
Not a bad analogy for you being the sniveling baseball shit.

ISID Please, take him back.

blacklistedbully
06-16-2015, 09:37 AM

2 Corinthians 12:5-12

On behalf of this man I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except of my weaknesses. Though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me. So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. ...

blacklistedbully
06-16-2015, 09:42 AM
Luke 14:10

But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when your host comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, move up higher.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you.

Dawg61
06-16-2015, 12:10 PM
Yea blacklistedbully cause you're the one that should be posting bible verses

msstate7
06-16-2015, 01:10 PM
Not sure MJ is a proclaimed Christian

Political Hack
06-16-2015, 01:21 PM
No, I'm saying your post was insanely misleading. I'm also saying Lebron is carrying a team that wouldn't make the playoffs to the finals (evidenced by last year), and is now putting on one of the best finals in the history of the league statistically. I also said Jordan is the best, but that Lebron would be right there if he pulled this off.

I can agree with that. Lebron is one of the greatest ever. He's just no Jordan yet. He could be though.

blacklistedbully
06-16-2015, 01:35 PM
Yea blacklistedbully cause you're the one that should be posting bible verses

Are you serious?? Just because I occasionally call you out for being an asshat, that doesn't mean I'm not Christian, or don't believe in and try to adhere to the Bible. I do fail, often, but I do believe.

You, on the other hand, have proved once again why you deserve the moniker, "asshat".

Dawg61
06-16-2015, 10:08 PM
Are you serious?? Just because I occasionally call you out for being an asshat, that doesn't mean I'm not Christian, or don't believe in and try to adhere to the Bible. I do fail, often, but I do believe.

You, on the other hand, have proved once again why you deserve the moniker, "asshat".

I rest my case

BeardoMSU
06-16-2015, 10:11 PM
I rest my case

im sure you do. Christ....