PDA

View Full Version : For those of you that are interested... RE: Bammer QB

TUSK
06-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Word in Tuskville has it that RSFr Cornwell may supplant Coker at the QB position...

msstate7
06-11-2015, 06:31 PM
If that happens, I wonder how that will affect hurts and pass

TUSK
06-11-2015, 06:40 PM
If that happens, I wonder how that will affect hurts and pass

good question... Hell, the way we freakin' go through QBs, we need both of em to sign....

bluelightstar
06-11-2015, 06:59 PM
Word in Tuskville has it that RSFr Cornwell may supplant Coker at the QB position...

If true, did Jimbo pull off the biggest con in a few years. "Barely lost out to Jameis."

Coach34
06-11-2015, 07:06 PM
That would be fantastic. Getting a R-Fr in our stadium increases our chances

SDDawg
06-11-2015, 07:07 PM
Perfect. May get Hurts back in the fold eventually.

CadaverDawg
06-11-2015, 07:15 PM
That's bad news for Bammer. Saban's O needs a veteran game manager. I'm pumped if this is true. Manny won't let a freshman come in our house and get comfortable...and our fans/cowbells sure won't either.

TUSK
06-11-2015, 08:08 PM
That's bad news for Bammer. Saban's O needs a veteran game manager. I'm pumped if this is true. Manny won't let a freshman come in our house and get comfortable...and our fans/cowbells sure won't either.

actually, every "rookie" starting QB under Saban has done fairly decent:

'09 McElroy won the Natty
'11 McCarron won the Natty
'14 Sims "runner up" to the Natty

but your point is well taken.

STATEBALLIN
06-11-2015, 08:54 PM

I call BS. No way that can be determined in June. Now if you said this about 3 weeks into August I would be interested.

Bass Chaser
06-11-2015, 09:09 PM

Don't you mean "runner up to the runner up". Bama didn't make it to the NC game.

TUSK
06-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Don't you mean "runner up to the runner up". Bama didn't make it to the NC game.

that's why I put it in quotes... I feel they were the 2nd best team in the CFP... JMO...

TUSK
06-11-2015, 09:17 PM
I call BS. No way that can be determined in June. Now if you said this about 3 weeks into August I would be interested.

It's just rumblings coming out of Spring Practice... and I doubt anything has be determined as of yet...

defiantdog
06-11-2015, 09:28 PM

I wouldn't go that far. Cornwell barely held his own in Spring practice. Coker will get the start but problems in paradise for sure.

defiantdog
06-11-2015, 09:30 PM
It's just rumblings coming out of Spring Practice... and I doubt anything has be determined as of yet...

There's more than rumblings. Coker isn't starter material..... but none of the other guys have stepped up.

CadaverDawg
06-11-2015, 09:52 PM

None of those QB's were "rookies". They had all been in the system 2+ years. This guy hasn't. Good try though

TUSK
06-11-2015, 10:02 PM
None of those QB's were "rookies". They had all been in the system 2+ years. This guy hasn't. Good try though

you're right this is Cornwell's 2nd year, I just meant "1st year starters".... but you're right, those guys had been on campus a bit longer...

I just gotta believe if Kiffin can turn a RB in to the best QB in the conference (statistically speaking), surely he can turn a true QB with all the tools in to a "serviceable" QB even if he is "young"....

here's to hoping....

Schultzy
06-11-2015, 10:59 PM
that's why I put it in quotes... I feel they were the 2nd best team in the CFP... JMO...

That doesn't make any sense... but you have won some naty's so it doesn't have to.

CadaverDawg
06-12-2015, 07:35 AM
you're right this is Cornwell's 2nd year, I just meant "1st year starters".... but you're right, those guys had been on campus a bit longer...

I just gotta believe if Kiffin can turn a RB in to the best QB in the conference (statistically speaking), surely he can turn a true QB with all the tools in to a "serviceable" QB even if he is "young"....

here's to hoping....

Dak was the best QB in the league. Do rushing stats count?

And yes, he can be "serviceable", but I thought you guys were shooting for a Title? You ain't winning a Title with a "serviceable" freshman QB IMO.

You are a master at the back handed compliment though, Tusk. Slipping in typical Bammer comments while surrounding them with phrases where you're attempting to sound nice and complimentary. Ha, everybody sees them....you're fooling no one.

TUSK
06-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Dak was the best QB in the league. Do rushing stats count?

And yes, he can be "serviceable", but I thought you guys were shooting for a Title? You ain't winning a Title with a "serviceable" freshman QB IMO.

You are a master at the back handed compliment though, Tusk. Slipping in typical Bammer comments while surrounding them with phrases where you're attempting to sound nice and complimentary. Ha, every sees them.

You are too kind;)

Pollodawg
06-12-2015, 10:26 AM
It's June. There's no way to know right now how Bama's QB depth chart will look come Fall. Hit me up again in August. And as far as early preseason prognostications on the QB position, Simms looked awful in their Spring Game last season, and he was a couple of plays from playing for a NC by season's end.

Dawgbite
06-12-2015, 12:01 PM
Bama doesn't need an all SEC QB to be successful. They have enough talent on the field on both sides of the ball to compensate for mediocre QB play. Coker only has one year left right? If the competition is even close then they should start getting the freshman some experience. Coker is probably as good as he will ever get, you would think that the RS freshman has nothing but better days ahead. Not only for later in this season but the next three years as well. Just my opinion because I would like nothing more than for Bama to trot out a first year starter every year!

defiantdog
06-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Bama doesn't need an all SEC QB to be successful. They have enough talent on the field on both sides of the ball to compensate for mediocre QB play. Coker only has one year left right? If the competition is even close then they should start getting the freshman some experience. Coker is probably as good as he will ever get, you would think that the RS freshman has nothing but better days ahead. Not only for later in this season but the next three years as well. Just my opinion because I would like nothing more than for Bama to trot out a first year starter every year!

They still need a leader at the QB position. Right now, they don't have that.

Harrydawg
06-12-2015, 04:38 PM
I could give 2 dicks about the AL QB job.

If I did, I'd go to an AL site to find out