PDA

View Full Version : Rooker at 3B and Gordon at a corner OF position?

Tripp McNeely
06-11-2015, 06:48 AM
Are these possibilities? I know Rooker is...since he's already played there...but has Gordon played either of the corner outfield positions? If you wanna get the most power in the lineup at the same time, this would help

msstate7
06-11-2015, 06:54 AM
With the way Reynolds finished the year, I think he'll be 3b

I seen it dawg
06-11-2015, 08:29 AM
Who the hell knows? Robson probably ends up at 3b and Spruill at 1b so we will have the smallest infield in the conference. Cohen will be thinking outside the box and light years in front of the trend to have all little guys in the infield because it creates the best bunt defense.

engie
06-11-2015, 08:56 AM
Humphreys is playing 1B this summer in the cape. Just another thing to watch.

Coach34
06-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Humphreys needed to make that move. Hopefully he can get better against the slider and get that average from .230 to .275 this year

engie
06-11-2015, 09:44 AM
Rooker is swinging it really well through like 5 games this summer as well. Need to see him cut down on the k rate a bit, but he has the XBH aspect pretty well figured out.

Homedawg
06-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Rooker is swinging it really well through like 5 games this summer as well. Need to see him cut down on the k rate a bit, but he has the XBH aspect pretty well figured out.

He looked much better late in the year, hope he's made the jump he needs. He's got some pop.

5 Star
06-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Luke Reynolds is your 3B next year, that is pretty much decided. I'm glad to see Humphreys at 1B too. I think the whole field is just about decided already, so if any freshman or JUCO wins a position, that's all the better. I honestly would not be surprised if Nate Lowe redshirts, but I would also like to have his left-handed bat in the lineup early when the ball seems to fly out to RF. Let he and Rooker man the DH position, depending on pitcher.

Brown, Smith and Swinarski will fight over the corner OF spots. Collins will be out there too if Marrero impresses early, though I don't expect that honestly. Maybe by the end of the year.

Situation works out well, the freshmen gradually get a few at-bats here or there, then after a transition year are ready to jump in and contribute in 2017. We will need them, we could lose up to 7 position players to graduation and the draft next season.

I seen it dawg
06-11-2015, 10:03 AM
If Brown is fighting anyone for an OF spot count him in. He will be better than any of the others. He should be in lineup everyday. He proved that last year. He's a baseball player. I hope he will take on a leadership role in the locker room and bring some fire. Police the squad.

BankerDog
06-11-2015, 10:21 AM
Luke Reynolds is your 3B next year, that is pretty much decided. I'm glad to see Humphreys at 1B too. I think the whole field is just about decided already, so if any freshman or JUCO wins a position, that's all the better. I honestly would not be surprised if Nate Lowe redshirts, but I would also like to have his left-handed bat in the lineup early when the ball seems to fly out to RF. Let he and Rooker man the DH position, depending on pitcher.

Brown, Smith and Swinarski will fight over the corner OF spots. Collins will be out there too if Marrero impresses early, though I don't expect that honestly. Maybe by the end of the year.

Situation works out well, the freshmen gradually get a few at-bats here or there, then after a transition year are ready to jump in and contribute in 2017. We will need them, we could lose up to 7 position players to graduation and the draft next season.

Swinarski will never contribute here. He is as good as gone. Your outfielders next year will be between Smith, Robson, Brown, Collins, Rooker.

1B will either be Hump, Gordon, or Lowe.

5 Star
06-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Swinarski will never contribute here. He is as good as gone.
Source? Not doubting you, just curious. I haven't heard much on that front.

Homedawg
06-11-2015, 10:32 AM
He's not coming back. That's pretty certain.

HancockCountyDog
06-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Why do people keep mentioning Cole Gordon? Just weird.

War Machine Dawg
06-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Swinarski will never contribute here. He is as good as gone. Your outfielders next year will be between Smith, Robson, Brown, Collins, Rooker.

1B will either be Hump, Gordon, or Lowe.

He's not coming back. That's pretty certain.

#PlayerDevelopment

Cohen is the Hugh Freezus of and running the SEC baseball version of OM football. Lots of starz and hype, short on talent, not many players actually getting better over the course of their careers.

RocketCityDawg
06-11-2015, 10:48 AM
#PlayerDevelopment

Cohen is the Hugh Freezus of and running the SEC baseball version of OM football. Lots of starz and hype, short on talent, not many players actually getting better over the course of their careers.

Or maybe that player is a head case, stayed injured, and just didn't fit in at all with the other guys. Nah, blame Cohen.

maroonmania
06-11-2015, 12:38 PM
#PlayerDevelopment

We don't really need guys like Swinarski that evidently need LOTS of development just to get minimal contribution from. College baseball is NOT college football. Baseball you should be planning on 3 years for a guy to contribute, football you've got 4 to 5. I thought Todd made a good point on Zinn yesterday, if he's THAT raw I hope he does take his pro offer. Pros have years to develop a guy, we don't. Lots of roster trimming will have to be done before the 2016 season so I can't see Swinarski being back either. In fact a lot of the current roster guys that have shown no contribution will likely not be back. Only way I see to make room for the large class coming in with a good number of high end prospects.