PDA

View Full Version : Good preview of the football team

sandwolf
07-08-2013, 10:49 AM
This is a surprisingly good and fair write up.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-news/2013/07/05/college-football-countdown-no-64-mississippi-state/

Coach34
07-08-2013, 10:58 AM
"Nonetheless, I can?t convince myself that after three years of postseason play, after the growth seen from this program under Mullen?s watch, the Bulldogs are going to drop from nine, seven and eight wins to outside of bowl eligibility. I know it?ll be close; I still think MSU gets back to the postseason."

absolutely

FISHDAWG
07-08-2013, 12:26 PM
they're curious about MSU in Tuscon ? .... musta been the baseball

HancockCountyDog
07-08-2013, 12:28 PM
I was amazed at how many recent MSU players are on an NFL roster:

20 total: RB Vick Ballard (Indianapolis), CB Johnthan Banks (Tampa Bay), DE Josh Boyd (Green Bay), WR Chad Bumphis (Miami), LB Jamar Chaney (Philadelphia), WR Arceto Clark (Seattle), DT Fletcher Cox (Philadelphia), RB Anthony Dixon (San Francisco), DT Antonio Johnson (Tennessee), DE Tommy Kelly (New England), LB Cameron Lawrence (Dallas), DT Kyle Love (Jacksonville), DE Pernell McPhee (Baltimore), S Charles Mitchell (Atlanta), C Quentin Saulsberry (Denver), OT Derek Sherrod (Green Bay), CB Darius Slay (Detroit), OT David Stewart (Tennessee), LB Chris White (Buffalo), LB K.J. Wright (Seattle).

That 2010 team had some talent. Look at the number of players that were on that roster in bold. I mean wow.

hailmari
07-08-2013, 04:04 PM
I thought I saw that Arceto Clark didn't make the team.. I could easily be mistaken.

sandwolf
07-08-2013, 04:18 PM
I thought I saw that Arceto Clark didn't make the team.. I could easily be mistaken.

Last I heard he had signed a FA deal with the Seahawks.

Political Hack
07-08-2013, 04:24 PM
when we look back in a few years at this year we're going to realize how loaded we were/are:
Russell
Perk
Day
Gabe
Malcolm
COx
RoJo
Wells
Nickoe
Redmond
Quay
James
Autry
Brown
Brown
Brown
J ROb
McKenney
PJ
Eulls

and I'm probably missing a few... I think Torrey Dale is about 30 lbs away from being a lottery pick too.

HancockCountyDog
07-08-2013, 05:42 PM
when we look back in a few years at this year we're going to realize how loaded we were/are:
Russell
Perk
Day
Gabe
Malcolm
COx
RoJo
Wells
Nickoe
Redmond
Quay
James
Autry
Brown
Brown
Brown
J ROb
McKenney
PJ
Eulls

and I'm probably missing a few... I think Torrey Dale is about 30 lbs away from being a lottery pick too.

Wow, I didn't realize how much talent we were talking about until I see it all in one spot. 8/31 can't get here fast enough.

Also, I really think Blaine Clausell and Damien Robinson will get looks in the NFL. People forget that they were just sophomores last year. I expect big jumps from them this year.

Political Hack
07-08-2013, 05:55 PM
I think Clausell certainly has a shot at the league. Some of our younger OL may too.

I'm not sure about Robinson yet. I hope so because he's got more heart than 99% of our team. From what I've been told the kid truly, 100%, appreciates everything he's ever been given... down to the size 19 cleats (or whatever size they are) on his feet.

Coach 57
07-08-2013, 09:20 PM
AJ & Torrey are going to surprise alot of people this year. They both have looked the part so far.

Political Hack
07-08-2013, 09:43 PM
I've thought Torrey Dale was a lottery pick coming out of high school. I still don't understand how he wasn't a four star guy with offers from everyone in the country. the dude sifts through traffic like Roy Jones Jr and is athletic enough to be an OLB. I love this kid's upside.

mic
07-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Russell
Perk
Day
Gabe
Malcolm
COx
RoJo
Wells
Nickoe
Redmond
Quay
James
Autry
Brown
Brown
Brown
J ROb
McKenney
PJ
Eulls

but Mullen cant recruit.. check out how many are under classmen..

Pollodawg
07-08-2013, 10:02 PM
People keep bitching about Mullen recruiting, yet we're honestly as talented as we have ever been. When Jackie made his run back in the nineties, it wasn't the same SEC it is now. In my honest opinion, I think he'd being doing about as well as Mullen is now if you transplanted his heyday to the current SEC.

Political Hack
07-08-2013, 10:28 PM
I've thought about that a lot Pollo. I think CDM has more talent on campus now than every before, but the SEC is much tougher than it was when Jackie was around.

Pollodawg
07-09-2013, 09:19 AM
I've thought about that a lot Pollo. I think CDM has more talent on campus now than every before, but the SEC is much tougher than it was when Jackie was around.

That's my point exactly, man. Has NCAA football ever seen anything as dominant as Bama is right now? This wasn't anywhere near the conference it is now back then.

Coach 57
07-09-2013, 01:12 PM
You'll get a big "AMEN from me on that one. CDM has far greater talent in a MORE talent latented SEC west.