PDA

View Full Version : Soooo what the hell. According to ESPN we are one of the SEC Playoff contenders.

Rayburn8
06-10-2015, 10:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/102433/most-important-non-qb-position-for-playoff-contenders

So we are on this list but LSU, USCe, A&M and Tennessee are not.

SDDawg
06-10-2015, 10:13 PM
More shade, please.

Coach34
06-10-2015, 10:13 PM
No way- we lost 31 starters

BeardoMSU
06-10-2015, 10:55 PM
No way- we lost 31 starters

And our FB/QB Dakota Fanning isn't a polished passer***

RougeDawg
06-10-2015, 11:26 PM
Did they expand the playoff this year??? Every ESPN, Cbs, ABC, SDS, and slapdick blogger has us picked 7th in the west. Wonder how they will pick which teams from the SECWest have to play each other in the first playoff round?

I seen it dawg
06-10-2015, 11:30 PM
69 starters lost

ShotgunDawg
06-11-2015, 12:20 AM
One thing I get frustrated with is when us fans state that this ranking or that ranking is "ESPN's" or "SI's" when in fact it is only that writer's opinion. Barrett Sallee's opinion isn't necessarily Bleacher Report's opinion and Asshat's opinion isn't ESPN's but rather his own.

With that being said, I have come to an easy conclusion about our team: in the eyes of the media we are a "Mind17". For the media members that are extremely educated on our team, we will be good and compete at the highest level, but for the casual observer or national writer that can't get detailed enough to find the beauty in our team, we will suck.

I'm trying to dig for a good analogy about our team, and this is what I got: Our team is somewhat like actors Ray Liotta & Daniel Day Lewis. Liotta & Lewis are rarely the featured actors in a film, never get hype, and aren't flashy, but goodness are they good and possess depth & under the surface details & components in their acting that makes them efficient, consistent, & elite. If the media just sits down to watch 5 minutes of a Liotta or Daniel Day-Lewis movie, it may come across are boring & they may not get it, but if they give it a chance & notice & savor the details, they could come away mesmerized. The truth is that everyone likes the explosion & instantaneous gratification. If the answers aren't spoon fed to them, they move on. The problem for them is that MSU isn't a spoon feeding type of program. It takes observation, research, & an appreciation of the details to understand. Some media member are willing to put together the effort & others are not.

dawgs
06-11-2015, 01:03 AM
One thing I get frustrated with is when us fans state that this ranking or that ranking is "ESPN's" or "SI's" when in fact it is only that writer's opinion. Barrett Sallee's opinion isn't necessarily Bleacher Report's opinion and Asshat's opinion isn't ESPN's but rather his own.

With that being said, I have come to an easy conclusion about our team: in the eyes of the media we are a "Mind17". For the media members that are extremely educated on our team, we will be good and compete at the highest level, but for the casual observer or national writer that can't get detailed enough to find the beauty in our team, we will suck.

I'm trying to dig for a good analogy about our team, and this is what I got: Our team is somewhat like actors Ray Liotta & Daniel Day Lewis. Liotta & Lewis are rarely the featured actors in a film, never get hype, and aren't flashy, but goodness are they good and possess depth & under the surface details & components in their acting that makes them efficient, consistent, & elite. If the media just sits down to watch 5 minutes of a Liotta or Daniel Day-Lewis movie, it may come across are boring & they may not get it, but if they give it a chance & notice & savor the details, they could come away mesmerized. The truth is that everyone likes the explosion & instantaneous gratification. If the answers aren't spoon fed to them, they move on. The problem for them is that MSU isn't a spoon feeding type of program. It takes observation, research, & an appreciation of the details to understand. Some media member are willing to put together the effort & others are not.

::looks at daniel day-lewis's oscars (natty's)::

::doesn't get it::

Dawg61
06-11-2015, 01:07 AM
::looks at daniel day-lewis's oscars (natty's)::

::doesn't get it::

Yea you lost me at Daniel Day Lewis. Have you seen Last of the Mohicans, There Will Be Blood, Gangs of New York and Lincoln? Lewis is phenomal.

Pollodawg
06-11-2015, 06:16 AM

With that being said, I have come to an easy conclusion about our team: in the eyes of the media we are a "Mind17". For the media members that are extremely educated on our team, we will be good and compete at the highest level, but for the casual observer or national writer that can't get past the name Mississippi State.

FIFY. That was all that needed to be said. They can't get a grip on us being good because we aren't "supposed" to be good.

ShotgunDawg
06-11-2015, 07:49 AM
Yea you lost me at Daniel Day Lewis. Have you seen Last of the Mohicans, There Will Be Blood, Gangs of New York and Lincoln? Lewis is phenomal.

You get the point right? He's literally the most non flashy actor in the industry, but maybe the best. It takes an understanding of the details to see that.

I seen it dawg
06-11-2015, 08:25 AM
State wins SEC west

Dental Dawg
06-11-2015, 08:32 AM
Is Ole Miss the Keanu Reeves of the SEC? Everyone knows who they are but can't really act worth a shit.

Edit to say that MSU would be more of an Ed Harris. People in the know recognize him as being pretty good actor. Not flashy. Has come close to winning an Oscar but falls short.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Is Ole Miss the Keanu Reeves of the SEC? Everyone knows who they are but can't really act worth a shit.

Edit to say that MSU would be more of an Ed Harris. People in the know recognize him as being pretty good actor. Not flashy. Has come close to winning an Oscar but falls short.

Does that make Arkansas the Gary Busey of the SEC? Clinically insane and head injured from a motorcycle crash?

Apoplectic
06-11-2015, 05:56 PM
So LSU is Michael Douglas

Auburn is Ed Begl Jr

starkvegasdawg
06-11-2015, 06:14 PM
I would say ole miss is Tom Cruise. Had some success early in his career but hadn't done much lately. However, in spite of doing nothing lately and being a small guy they still have a massive ego and think they're the shit when all they need to do is admit the truth and just come out of the closet.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-11-2015, 06:33 PM
I would say ole miss is Tom Cruise. Had some success early in his career but hadn't done much lately. However, in spite of doing nothing lately and being a small guy they still have a massive ego and think they're the shit when all they need to do is admit the truth and just come out of the closet.

I think Mutt had it right a few days ago. Ole Miss is like Caitlyn Jenner. In the 70s was respected and admired. Nobody heard from him/her in the 80s and 90s. In the 00s, gained notoriety from his/her offspring. Today he/she is just a chain smokin' tyranny.