PDA

View Full Version : Want to know the biggest reason why we were bad in baseball this year?

messageboardsuperhero
06-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Look no further than the draft. For the first time since 1976, not a single MSU player was drafted. That tells you a lot about the top end, upperclass talent that was on this team. We should have several drafted next year, which is why I think we're at the very least going to make a regional next spring.

5 Star
06-10-2015, 06:01 PM
This much is obvious, but according to our fans this upcoming junior class was a bust because they didn't go 56-0 as sophomores. Derp.

Todd4State
06-10-2015, 06:14 PM
We'll know how good we're going to be by the end of July once the Cape Cod League ends. I have high hopes for Sexton, Tatum, Hudson, and Houston. We'll see what Daniel Brown gives us. Collins would be playing in the Cape had it not been for his hand. Robson and Humphreys are playing there this summer as well. Gridley and Luke Reynolds were very promising players for us as well last year, and I think Michael Smith is going to be our Robson next year- the guy that battled injuries that has a great year and shows everyone what we missed. Cody Brown always finds his way into the lineup as well and people forget that he was just a sophomore last year.

The biggest thing is going to be figuring out first base and one of the middle infield spots- I think it will be between Holland and Alexander.

We should be better next year- and we better be better.

Todd4State
06-10-2015, 06:16 PM
This much is obvious, but according to our fans this upcoming junior class was a bust because they didn't go 56-0 as sophomores. Derp.

Actually for me it's the opposite. I would have MUCH rather used Sexton, Tatum, and Hudson in the rotation and used Laster out of the pen than go with the upperclassmen. I also would have used Ross significantly less. And apparently the people running the Cape Cod League agree with me.

engie
06-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Brown threw last night. Houston gets a start tomorrow. Tatum on Friday.

msstate7
06-10-2015, 06:27 PM
Brown threw last night. Houston gets a start tomorrow. Tatum on Friday.

How'd brown do?

messageboardsuperhero
06-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Daniel Brown will be a good pitcher for us next year- take that to the bank.

Todd4State
06-10-2015, 06:28 PM
How'd brown do?

Pretty well. 2.2 IP and allowed 3 hits, 0 runs and struck out 6 with 0 BB's.

MabenMaroon
06-10-2015, 06:29 PM
I thought we were bad because we consistently scored less runs than our opponents.***

messageboardsuperhero
06-10-2015, 06:29 PM
How'd brown do?

I don't know, but I expect him to strike out a ton of batters at the cape this summer... And do the same for us in the spring.

messageboardsuperhero
06-10-2015, 06:30 PM

About what I figured.

msstate7
06-10-2015, 06:33 PM

Nice strike out numbers. Just gotta cut down on hits

Smitty
06-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Daniel Brown will be a good pitcher for us next year- take that to the bank.

Yep swing and miss stuff out of the pen. We should have been getting him more reps down the stretch instead of the Ross farewell tour

I seen it dawg
06-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Hopefully line up decisions and pitching personnel strategy doesn't continue to bone us. If not it won't matter what the hell the guys do in their summer leagues. Please get back in the box.