PDA

View Full Version : In Other News

Vinsanity
06-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Ralph Russo of the AP has predicted that we'll be playing against Memphis in the Birmingham Bowl. I guess the hate doesn't stop for the dawgs. Thoughts?
http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/bowl-projections-2015-16-postseason

Jacksondevildog
06-09-2015, 08:13 PM
He also has Ole Miss in the Liberty Bowl. For a team with as much hype as the Rebels, Memphis would be a disappointing year for them.

Liverpooldawg
06-09-2015, 08:16 PM
We have a bunch of questions that have to be answered. To pretend we don't is putting your head in the sand. I think many of them will have positive answers but we don't really know yet. Time will tell.

mic
06-09-2015, 08:26 PM
We have a bunch of questions that have to be answered. To pretend we don't is putting your head in the sand. I think many of them will have positive answers but we don't really know yet. Time will tell.

Better or as good on offense than last year
Better on defense than last year
Diaz > Collins

Every team has question marks entering the season.

Like I have said .. Please keep giving this team bulletin board material...

Coach34
06-10-2015, 07:32 AM
Only questions our team has is depth at DT and Safety

missouridawg
06-10-2015, 07:37 AM

I get that we're bringing back a 2-deep OL with everyone having played here for at least 3 years... But let's not forget we lose 3 starters on the OL. That's a question mark too, for the national media, that'll need to be answered the second weekend in September.

QuadrupleOption
06-10-2015, 08:30 AM
Ralph Russo of the AP has predicted that we'll be playing against Memphis in the Birmingham Bowl. I guess the hate doesn't stop for the dawgs. Thoughts?
http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/bowl-projections-2015-16-postseason

I think that asking a media guy to have as much in-depth knowledge of our program as we do is a bit much.

Yes, we lost a lot of 'starters'. We all know that doesn't mean much in this system, but it's taken a lot of years for our own fanbase to come around to that way of thinking.

For the record, I think this team is fully capable of matching last year's win total.

Coach34
06-10-2015, 08:42 AM
I get that we're bringing back a 2-deep OL with everyone having played here for at least 3 years... But let's not forget we lose 3 starters on the OL. That's a question mark too, for the national media, that'll need to be answered the second weekend in September.

I can see that- but you have Desper who started 2 games last year- including one of those in which we damn near scored 50 points on A&M. Warren and Clayborn have also played a ton- so we aren't throwing out any green guys to start. Add Rankin also who could end up starting if he has a really good August. To top it off- we are coached very well on the OL. Personally- I see this as our best OL we've had under Mullen.

Potential problems are early injuries forcing some R-Freshman into early meaningful action. But that's the case for everybody.

FlabLoser
06-10-2015, 08:56 AM
I am often reminded of my favorite quote from Dontae Jones during our Final Four run: "They don't give respect, we take it."

BeardoMSU
06-10-2015, 09:06 AM
I can see that- but you have Desper who started 2 games last year- including one of those in which we damn near scored 50 points on A&M. Warren and Clayborn have also played a ton- so we aren't throwing out any green guys to start. Add Rankin also who could end up starting if he has a really good August. To top it off- we are coached very well on the OL. Personally- I see this as our best OL we've had under Mullen.

Potential problems are early injuries forcing some R-Freshman into early meaningful action. But that's the case for everybody.

Point is, this isn't 2011 anymore. We have depth and talent on the O-line. I'm not worried about this bunch in the least. I agree with you above: that this season will come down to DL and Safety play. All the people preaching this "lost start" BS are about to be hit with some troof.

Dawgcentral
06-10-2015, 06:01 PM

I agree. But I think we can build some of that depth during the season. Not with a 1-A 1-B system, but by building leads and getting the back ups some quality playing time.

The starting defensive front should wreak havoc. The safeties will need to develop over time.