PDA

View Full Version : Great Fishing Line Breakdown from Nola.com

BeastMan
06-09-2015, 03:48 PM
http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2014/04/advantages_disadvantages_to_fo.html

But alas, not all lines are created equal, and anglers are now presented with an array of choices that have different applications. What works well in one situation will be all wrong for another.

No one knows that better than Clay Norris, senior brand manager for Berkley. The man spends his life studying fishing lines and developing better ways to connect anglers to the fish that dominate their thoughts and haunt their dreams.

Norris' company sells four primary styles of line for targeting the types of fish that inhabit North America: braid, monofilament, fluorocarbon and Nanofil.

I love reading this kind of stuff. I'm a 100% braid guy for all my spinning gear. I love it. For my baitcasting applications I'm 12lb mono all the way. My dad is a 100% mono guy and will never change. It's funny how I can love the feel of braid and my dad hates it.

SpeckleDawg
06-09-2015, 04:22 PM
I'm a 100% braid guy for all my spinning gear. I love it. For my baitcasting applications I'm 12lb mono all the way.

Same here, other than I have a couple baitcast rigs with braid now.

MSUDawg4Life
06-09-2015, 04:25 PM
Never used nanofil. Use braid, mono and fluorocarbon depending on the situation. Prefer braid for most.

FISHDAWG
06-09-2015, 04:57 PM
I prefer braid until I start trolling ... my 30's have mono for stretch

Barking 13
06-09-2015, 07:48 PM
I have braid on my frog rod. 12# Izorline on moving lures (spinners, cranks, topwater), and 15# flouro on contact baits (worms, jigs)