PDA

View Full Version : Commitment Watch

Big4Dawg
06-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Look for Dontrell Allen, CB from Lousianna, to commit either today or tomorrow. Earned an offer today at camp.

www.247sports.com/Player/Dontrel-Allen-83861

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2015, 04:47 PM
Kid showed up & showed out today. With the way our DB board look for him to come in earn offer & our coaches willing to take his commitment lets me know he's legit.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Is he a CB or will he move to safety?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2015, 05:22 PM
CB

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Kid showed up & showed out today. With the way our DB board look for him to come in earn offer & our coaches willing to take his commitment lets me know he's legit.

Dan,

Has Dontrell already been turned down by LSU or other SEC teams, or are we just going to accept his commitment and hope he doesn't attend other camps?

I'm always a little leery of a kid committing after just getting his first SEC offer because, if history is any indicator, everyone else will offer in the next few days.

msstate7
06-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Dan,

Has Dontrell already been turned down by LSU or other SEC teams, or are we just going to accept his commitment and hope he doesn't attend other camps?

I'm always a little leery of a kid committing after just getting his first SEC offer because, if history is any indicator, everyone else will offer in the next few days.

He holds a tcu offer. While not an sec team, tcu certainly is a very hot school right now. He didn't commit on the spot to them so maybe he just wants to be here. I like that Patterson thought he was worthy

Todd4State
06-08-2015, 06:01 PM
It sounds like we are about to get a commitment from Grayson Gunter pretty soon as well. He's a TE from Madison Central.

GreenheadDawg
06-08-2015, 06:32 PM
My attitude has changed so much towards recruiting. Historically I would look at these guys and say Well I guess we can beat out Appalachian state for a couple recruits. But I think Dan has proven that he doesn't rely on stars and if he offers a kid it's for a reason. I respect his evaluation of talent, stars be damned.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Dan,

We've been recruiting him since the spring so it's not like he just popped up & we offered. We've been on the kid for a few months. He wanted & coveted the MSU offer before today. This isn't a spur of the moment decision. LSU isn't offering.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2015, 06:33 PM
It sounds like we are about to get a commitment from Grayson Gunter pretty soon as well. He's a TE from Madison Central.

I hope we wait on Gunter for a little while. Not that he isn't good but there's a couple other guys I'd see what they're going to do 1st.

starkvegasdawg
06-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Saw Rose tweet about a kicker that has us in top 3. AJ Reed out of Prattville.

Bothrops
06-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Dan, what about TE Christian Roberson?

Coach34
06-08-2015, 07:16 PM
I hope we wait on Gunter for a little while. Not that he isn't good but there's a couple other guys I'd see what they're going to do 1st.

Had someone I trust tell me they thought he was borderline SEC at best

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Dan, what about TE Christian Roberson?

He's probably #1 on the TE board. We lead going into his visit at Florida this weekend. Kid is a big time athlete would be a great get. Florida had lead for months until this past weekend. The staff let him know how big a priority he was & our plan for him. He & his dad were very impressed.

Bothrops
06-08-2015, 08:19 PM
He's probably #1 on the TE board. We lead going into his visit at Florida this weekend. Kid is a big time athlete would be a great get. Florida had lead for months until this past weekend. The staff let him know how big a priority he was & our plan for him. He & his dad were very impressed.

Good job. I like where we are compared to where Florida is at the moment.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Update: Dontrel Allen has committed.

msstate7
06-08-2015, 09:44 PM

Great

FlabLoser
06-08-2015, 10:10 PM

4.35 40

Give him a follow - @darkflash24

MSUDawg99
06-08-2015, 10:31 PM
We also offered the Gunter kid too, I saw Steve R. Tweet.

Jack Lambert
06-08-2015, 10:38 PM
Saw Rose tweet about a kicker that has us in top 3. AJ Reed out of Prattville.

If he is real good we need to put Matt Wyatt on him.

Bothrops
06-08-2015, 11:01 PM
Great news! Welcome home, Dontrel

sandwolf
06-09-2015, 01:13 AM
My attitude has changed so much towards recruiting. Historically I would look at these guys and say Well I guess we can beat out Appalachian state for a couple recruits. But I think Dan has proven that he doesn't rely on stars and if he offers a kid it's for a reason. I respect his evaluation of talent, stars be damned.

Yep, I am in the same boat. When Mullen takes a commitment from a kid this early (especially when we are short on scholarships for the class), I no longer question it.....I used to, but not any more.

1bigdawg
06-09-2015, 07:30 AM
Yep, I am in the same boat. When Mullen takes a commitment from a kid this early (especially when we are short on scholarships for the class), I no longer question it.....I used to, but not any more.

With as many really good DBs on the board, the fact that the staff chose to offer when they pretty much knew that he would commit says to me that the staff thinks he is a really special talent.

starkvegasdawg
06-09-2015, 08:07 AM
So now that Mullen has done Bucky's homework for him and found another hidden talent like Chris Jones, how long before he starts sending letters and trying to get him up in Oxford for a blowjob in the Library?

FISHDAWG
06-09-2015, 10:16 AM
If he is real good we need to put Matt Wyatt on him.

along with the Governor and entire state legislature as well

Alldawg
06-09-2015, 11:02 AM
We also offered the Gunter kid too, I saw Steve R. Tweet.
If it is a committible offer, he will probably take it. His dad played at OM, but they already have two committed for 16 class.