PDA

View Full Version : Nba finals

msstate7
06-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Curry has been brutal tonight. He's killed any chance his team had tonight. Pass the ball, dude. You aren't hitting crap

whosyourdawgy
06-07-2015, 10:25 PM
He passed the last time....and it was stolen....game over. That was an ugly game and if they stay like this in Cleveland, the Cavs could pull this thing out. I don't see it happening. Curry won't shoot like this often but neither will Lebron.

messageboardsuperhero
06-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Some very entertaining basketball so far. Sloppy but very fun to watch.

Dawg61
06-08-2015, 12:22 AM
Should be 2-0 Cavs, Lebron and Cavs are struggling late in these games. Refs were brutal tonight though. LeBron got fouled three times under two minutes with no whistles.

BeardoMSU
06-08-2015, 12:24 AM
Should be 2-0 Cavs, Lebron and Cavs are struggling late in these games. Refs were brutal tonight though. LeBron got fouled three times under two minutes with no whistles.

I look forward to the excuses and bullshit from people if somehow Lebron pulls this out. Sad thing is, he could lose these finals, but average 50, 20, and 10 through while doing so, and people would still find a way to blame it on him.

Rayburn8
06-08-2015, 01:01 AM
He should get finals MVP regardless of who wins.

whosyourdawgy
06-08-2015, 08:31 AM
He most definitely wasn't getting the calls late. But on that one where Iguodala obviously fouled him across the arm, Lebron switched pivot feet about 3 times before shooting the ball. The refs were awful last night. At the end of the 3rd when fat slow dude missed the dunk then proceeded to fall on Dellavedova before the buzzer and no foul was called was ridiculous and that jump ball in the 4th when Green grabbed Lebron on the shoulder and Lebron caught it, that shoulda been a do over because of the awful toss.

Why did Mozgov not play in the 2nd half much? He was killing the Warriors in the paint and getting to the line or scoring everytime he touched the ball?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2015, 08:55 AM
He most definitely wasn't getting the calls late. But on that one where Iguodala obviously fouled him across the arm, Lebron switched pivot feet about 3 times before shooting the ball. The refs were awful last night. At the end of the 3rd when fat slow dude missed the dunk then proceeded to fall on Dellavedova before the buzzer and no foul was called was ridiculous and that jump ball in the 4th when Green grabbed Lebron on the shoulder and Lebron caught it, that shoulda been a do over because of the awful toss.

Why did Mozgov not play in the 2nd half much? He was killing the Warriors in the paint and getting to the line or scoring everytime he touched the ball?

When GS goes small with Draymond at the 5 there's no one for Mosgov to guard. They'd just pick & roll him to death with Klay & Steph. Tristan Thompson can at least give them a chance if he switches onto either.

maroonmania
06-08-2015, 09:00 AM
I look forward to the excuses and bullshit from people if somehow Lebron pulls this out. Sad thing is, he could lose these finals, but average 50, 20, and 10 through while doing so, and people would still find a way to blame it on him.

Like him or not, I don't think anyone can disagree at this point that Lebron is clearly the best basketball player in the world and by a fairly wide margin.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Like him or not, I don't think anyone can disagree at this point that Lebron is clearly the best basketball player in the world and by a fairly wide margin.

Yep. A lot of people are too busy trying to discredit him not being Jordan to really appreciate what we are seeing right now. I know the media doesn't help with the constant comparisons but we're watching a guy right now who is going to go down as a top 3 player of all time when it's said & done. Maybe the 2nd greatest.

Dawg Corps
06-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Yeah, but that doesn't mean I have to like Lebron.

thf24
06-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Lebron switched pivot feet about 3 times before shooting the ball.

Not disagreeing with anything else you said, but everyone needs to understand that this is simply how the NBA is now. You can pick the ball up and take 4-5 steps, and as long as it's a continuous motion that ends with a shot or pass, they're not going to call traveling. I know many can't stand to see it, but it's just what the rule has silently evolved into; and they don't call/no-call it selectively, so it's not really giving anyone an advantage. Not that I approve, I just don't think it's worth complaining about at this point.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2015, 09:19 AM
Yeah, but that doesn't mean I have to like Lebron.

Liking a person & respecting & acknowledging their greatness/ability are 2 different things. I never liked Jordan but for me to say he wasn't the greatest would just be hating. It's a lot of hating going on right now.

DudyDawg
06-08-2015, 12:46 PM
If Lebron wins this without Love and Kyrie, he's closed a ton of the gap with Jordan and opened the debate IMO. It would take that big of a series from him for the Cavs to win it. And he started it off pretty well last night

drunkernhelldawg
06-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Another great game. All these NBA dissers are totally missing it.

Glad Cleveland won. When watching this series, it's not hard to believe you are watching the two best basketball teams in the world.

Dawg Corps
06-08-2015, 01:07 PM
If Lebron wins this without Love and Kyrie, he's closed a ton of the gap with Jordan and opened the debate IMO. It would take that big of a series from him for the Cavs to win it. And he started it off pretty well last night

The debate for GOAT NBA player just begs the question of how one defines greatness...championships or single-handedly willing your team to victory. IMO Jordan has both, and Lebron (as much as I hate to admit it) is on track to surpass, or at least equal, Jordan in both areas.

DudyDawg
06-08-2015, 01:29 PM
The debate for GOAT NBA player just begs the question of how one defines greatness...championships or single-handedly willing your team to victory. IMO Jordan has both, and Lebron (as much as I hate to admit it) is on track to surpass, or at least equal, Jordan in both areas.

I agree. Not sure if he will pass him but he will be close when it's all said and done.

And as far as last night, that's a perfect example of willing a team. A triple double, to win at a place like Oracle, when your team literally had to make a player who had surgery and was still in the hospital in Irving an active roster spot just to fill out the team, all while having Kevin love and Varejao in suits on the bench as active players is pretty damn impressive.

Rayburn8
06-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Even if he does not pass him, the fact that you can no longer say MJ is the undisputable greatest player ever is an amazing feat in and of itself.

Dawg Corps
06-08-2015, 01:42 PM
I've got a gentleman's bet with a friend that the Warriors take the series in 6 games. So let's hope that Lebron waits until next season to finish building his legacy.

Dawg Corps
06-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Looks like the line for tonight's game is O/U 194, GS -2. I'm surprised that CLE is not favored in this one, actually.

chef dixon
06-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Lebron v. Jordan is becoming stale. Maybe he doesn't have the "killer instinct" everyone remembers Jordan so fondly for, but we will never see another player in our lifetime who's presence alone makes a basketball team as good as Lebron does. Jordan included.

msstate7
06-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Lebron v. Jordan is becoming stale. Maybe he doesn't have the "killer instinct" everyone remembers Jordan so fondly for, but we will never see another player in our lifetime who's presence alone makes a basketball team as good as Lebron does. Jordan included.

Shaq's presence made some teams pretty dang good. Not saying he's the best

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I think the quality of basketball was much better in Jordan's day than lebron's

BeardoMSU
06-09-2015, 05:22 PM

http://38.media.tumblr.com/cc7325babd3db5f7d693dd9c6665d98f/tumblr_inline_n8e4e2LIAa1sqf5k6.gif

Smitty
06-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Remember Jordan would have won 8 in a row if he didn't go play baseball. Stop it. LeBron is not Air Jordan. Nobody else but MJ is alone at the top.

Smitty
06-09-2015, 05:45 PM
LeBron = Larry Bird right now.

Dawg61
06-09-2015, 06:07 PM
LeBron = Larry Bird right now.

What a joke. LeBron has gone to what seven straight finals on basically three different teams. Cavs, Heat then Cavs and he's got two rings. This year's team he has NOBODY with him. Love and Irving are gone. It's just him with a bunch of role players. If LeBron wins the title this year he is already GOAT. Stop hating.

msstate7
06-09-2015, 06:13 PM
What a joke. LeBron has gone to what seven straight finals on basically three different teams. Cavs, Heat then Cavs and he's got two rings. This year's team he has NOBODY with him. Love and Irving are gone. It's just him with a bunch of role players. If LeBron wins the title this year he is already GOAT. Stop hating.

Who are the other truly great players in the nba right now? Jordan faced magic, Karim (end of career), bird, Barkley, shaq, Kobe (young), Isaiah, worthy, etc. I don't see the depth now there was in Jordan's day

Smitty
06-09-2015, 06:24 PM

Jordan made Pippen a great and his role players were equal to Brons right now. Bron had Wade and Bosh and still went 2-2 in the finals with them.

This is just Bron's 5th finals in a row during a time where the Eastern Conference has been very very bad.

Again, MJ would have WON 8 in a row. He WON 6. Bron is about to be 2-4 in the Finals.

Schultzy
06-09-2015, 06:25 PM

Considering this, I might start pulling for the Cavs to win the series. But Golden State will win tonight by 8-10 points.

Schultzy
06-09-2015, 06:28 PM
Looks like the line for tonight's game is O/U 194, GS -2. I'm surprised that CLE is not favored in this one, actually.

Don't forget who the better team is. King James has gotta be worn out tonight, Golden State will win by a nice margin.

chef dixon
06-09-2015, 06:52 PM
Jordan's Bulls made the 2nd round of the playoffs in both seasons during his retirement. The track record of Lebron's teams when he either leaves or joins them speaks for itself.

As for saying the NBA isn't of the same quality now, its impossible to say, but there are a ton of big time players in the NBA right now. Their careers just aren't over yet for us to look back and praise (see Lebron v Jordan argument).

DudyDawg
06-09-2015, 08:53 PM
Don't forget who the better team is. King James has gotta be worn out tonight, Golden State will win by a nice margin.

Pretty bad start for curry again. Good game so far. If the Cavs can keep up this D they will win the next 3 in a row. Up now halfway thru the second

BeardoMSU
06-09-2015, 08:58 PM
Jordan's Bulls made the 2nd round of the playoffs in both seasons during his retirement. The track record of Lebron's teams when he either leaves or joins them speaks for itself.

This^^^

Last year the Cavs were horrible: this year, playing in the finals. This year, the Heat, who still had CB, Wade, Birdman, Mario, etc., didn't even make the playoffs, despite being in such a "weak" eastern conference.

msstate7
06-09-2015, 09:00 PM
This^^^

Last year the Cavs were horrible: this year, playing in the finals. This year, the Heat, who still had CB, Wade, Birdman, Mario, etc., didn't even make the playoffs, despite being in such a "weak" eastern conference.

Is James the only good addition to the cavs this year?

Rayburn8
06-09-2015, 09:00 PM
This^^^

To be fair, Bosh got hurt. If Bosh does not get hurt, they probably play Cleveland in the ECF.

DudyDawg
06-09-2015, 09:02 PM
To be fair, Bosh got hurt. If Bosh does not get hurt, they probably play Cleveland in the ECF.

Yeah ok mr not biased

Rayburn8
06-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Yeah ok mr not biased

I have no idea what you're talking about*****

Dawg61
06-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Is James the only good addition to the cavs this year?

No and you know he's not but the Knicks practically packed J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert's bags for them they wanted them gone so bad. Mozgov has been a nice add too but you take LeBron off this team and they don't make the playoffs. With him they look like they're going to win it all right now.

msstate7
06-09-2015, 09:17 PM
No and you know he's not but the Knicks practically packed J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert's bags for them they wanted them gone so bad. Mozgov has been a nice add too but you take LeBron off this team and they don't make the playoffs. With him they look like they're going to win it all right now.

You don't think they wouldve made playoffs? 38-44 made the playoffs in the east

Rayburn8
06-09-2015, 09:19 PM
If Lebron does not go to Cleveland they do not trade for Love, they do not trade for Mosgov, Shump and J.R. They roll with Wiggins and Irving and hope for the best. No way they get to 38-44 with that roster.

BeardoMSU
06-09-2015, 09:29 PM
You don't think they wouldve made playoffs?

Hell. No.

msstate7
06-09-2015, 09:29 PM
Hell. No.

I disagree

BeardoMSU
06-09-2015, 09:30 PM
I disagree

Ok....

msstate7
06-09-2015, 09:31 PM
If Lebron does not go to Cleveland they do not trade for Love, they do not trade for Mosgov, Shump and J.R. They roll with Wiggins and Irving and hope for the best. No way they get to 38-44 with that roster.

That's not what was implied. He suggested if the cavs were only missing James, they miss the playoffs

chef dixon
06-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Lebron is basically taking the New York Knicks on a title run right now. Just sit on that for a minute.

Dawg61
06-09-2015, 09:40 PM
That's not what was implied. He suggested if the cavs were only missing James, they miss the playoffs

I don't believe this roster makes the playoffs without LeBron.

Dawg61
06-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Is Steph Curry even on the floor? He's a ghost

Rayburn8
06-09-2015, 09:44 PM

I'll bite. No, they would not. Indiana for example would get in before them, and possibly Miami.

msstate7
06-09-2015, 09:49 PM
I'll bite. No, they would not. Indiana for example would get in before them, and possibly Miami.

Even though I've only watched about :45 mins of nba all year, you're all wrong haha

Hey the Braves are in a good one tonight though if yall wanna turn the channel

civildawg
06-09-2015, 09:50 PM
No way they make the playoffs without Lebron. That roster is hot garbage without him. They would only have kyrie

Rayburn8
06-09-2015, 09:59 PM
Well Cleveland's game plan is to play Cleveland ball. By that I mean make this the uggliest looking basketball ever. The past two games have been gutter ball. Golden State and their pretty boy smooth ball have no idea how to respond to gutter ball and it shows.

Smitty
06-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Warriors beginning to drain shots. Lead cut from 17 to 9 quick.

Dawg61
06-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Cavs choking 3rd game in a row

Dawg61
06-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Matthew Dellavadova

JohnnyQuid
06-09-2015, 10:32 PM
dagger from bron

BeardoMSU
06-09-2015, 10:36 PM
dagger from bron

That was big, and he is definitely gassed right now.

mparkerfd20
06-09-2015, 10:36 PM
Dellavedova playing his ass off

Rayburn8
06-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Matthew DellavaGOAT

FIFY

blacklistedbully
06-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Damn, does Lebron always get away with murder on the court? Been watching the guy shove off, give forearm-shivers to separate offensively, literally slide into Curry to knock the ball away, and no foul. Seen him travel repeatedly, and it's as if the rules simply do not apply to him.

Rayburn8
06-09-2015, 10:45 PM
Damn, does Lebron always get away with murder on the court? Been watching the guy shove off, give forearm-shivers to separate offensively, literally slide into Curry to knock the ball away, and no foul. Seen him travel repeatedly, and it's as if the rules simply do not apply to him.

People act like this is only the case with LeBron. They have always given more leeway to superstars. Jordan, Kobe, D-Wade, AI etc. got away with basketball murder but they will never call it.

ETA: Nobody can really say anything. The Warriors (mainly Green and Bogut have fouled like crazy all year. But people do not notice pulling jerseys and moving screens.)

msstate7
06-09-2015, 10:47 PM
People act like this is only the case with LeBron. They have always given more leeway to superstart. Jordan, Kobe, D-Wade, AI etc. got away with basketball murder but they will never call it.

Yep. I can't stand nba officiating. It's one of the reasons I quit watching the sport

thf24
06-09-2015, 10:48 PM
People act like this is only the case with LeBron. They have always given more leeway to superstart. Jordan, Kobe, D-Wade, AI etc. got away with basketball murder but they will never call it.

ETA: Nobody can really say anything. The Warriors (mainly Green and Bogut have fouled like crazy all year. But people do not notice pulling jerseys and moving screens.)

To add, EVERYONE gets away with what would have been traveling a decade ago now. I already commented on it earlier in the thread. The rule has simply evolved into something different.

blacklistedbully
06-09-2015, 10:49 PM
BS, Thompson's hand was on the hand, not the ball.

BeardoMSU
06-09-2015, 10:49 PM

You don't watch much basketball if you think Lebron is the only one who plays by these rules. This is what the NBA is today. Period. Also, bigger bodies tend to look more "murderous" when being guarded by smaller guys. Remember Shaq?

Rayburn8
06-09-2015, 10:50 PM
To add, EVERYONE gets away with what would have been traveling a decade ago now. I already commented on it earlier in the thread. The rule has simply evolved into something different.

The official rule is that you get a gather step and then two steps after that. The problem everyone has is what constitutes a gather step. If you are quick enough you can get two steps in a gather step. They really need to clarify the rules to define a gather step.

blacklistedbully
06-09-2015, 10:51 PM

It's one thing to take that extra step, but Lebron goes beyond that, IMO.

blacklistedbully
06-09-2015, 10:52 PM
You don't watch much basketball if you think Lebron is the only one who plays by these rules. This is what the NBA is today. Period. Also, bigger bodies tend to look more "murderous" when being guarded by smaller guys. Remember Shaq?

I didn't say he was the only one, but he sure seems to get away with a lot more than the vast majority, superstar or no.

mstatefan91
06-09-2015, 10:57 PM
BS, Thompson's hand was on the hand, not the ball.
You are simply wrong

blacklistedbully
06-09-2015, 10:57 PM
Lebron getting away with that crap probably wouldn't bother me as much if he didn't cry about every call that doesn't go his way. He'll bitch about another player breathing on him, then goes and pulls that crap. Pisses me off.

BeardoMSU
06-09-2015, 11:00 PM
I didn't say he was the only one, but he sure seems to get away with a lot more than the vast majority, superstar or no.

He's a superstar, and they always get away it, as someone else pointed out earlier in the thread.

Not accusing you of this, but most people who always seem to gripe about Lebron, tend to measure him against a metric they don't apply to others. It's like someone who refuses to watch a great movie or listen to a great band, because they can't get by whatever "flaws" it may/or/may-not have. If y'all want to miss out on greatness, by all means; enjoy!.

mstatefan91
06-09-2015, 11:00 PM
Lebron getting away with that crap probably wouldn't bother me as much if he didn't cry about every call that doesn't go his way. He'll bitch about another player breathing on him, then goes and pulls that crap. Pisses me off.

The league has created that environment though. There needs to be less talking back to the refs, period.

blacklistedbully
06-09-2015, 11:01 PM
You are simply wrong

No, you are simply wrong. At best, the review was not clear enough to overturn. You can 100% see that Thompson's hand was on the hand. While it's possible it also grazed the ball at the same time, you sure as hell can't definitively see that from the replay. From what I saw, Thompson touched the ball while he was still in-bounds, Bela got it back, the Thompson took another swipe at it as he stepped OB, but this time appeared to only get Bela's hand.

DudyDawg
Well love or hate Lebron he's putting on the best finals we've ever seen so far. I love him bc I just love being able to see that greatness from start to finish. First true superstar I can say that about.

BeardoMSU

Did you ever watch MJ?

mstatefan91
06-09-2015, 11:02 PM
No, you are simply wrong. At best, the review was not clear enough to overturn. You can 100% see that Thompson's hand was on the hand. While it's possible it also grazed the ball at the same time, you sure as hell can't definitively see that from the replay. From what I saw, Thompson touched the ball while he was still in-bounds, Bela got it back, the Thompson took another swipe at it as he stepped OB, but this time appeared to only get Bela's hand.
His hand touched the ball. It's as clear as day. You are wrong. It's ok. It happens to the best of us. Ask the refs

DudyDawg
06-09-2015, 11:02 PM

100% disagree. Looked like he had a foot out and a few fingers on the ball

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-09-2015, 11:03 PM

I found that play particularly obnoxious. He basically slide tackled Curry and the announcers creamed their pants over the hustle. But any time there was contact when Cleveland had the ball they begged for a foul.

Dawg61
06-09-2015, 11:04 PM

LeBron has five Warriors raping and slapping his arms for 48 minutes. He doesn't get away with anything he just dishes it back out.

BeardoMSU
06-09-2015, 11:07 PM
I found that play particularly obnoxious. He basically slide tackled Curry and the announcers creamed their pants over the hustle. But any time there was contact when Cleveland had the ball they begged for a foul.

You are getting caught up in the size disparity. The exact same thing happened to Shaq: he'd go up for a dunk, but get called for an offensive foul just because the guy guarding him was smaller. Update!...it's not their 17'n fault they are bigger, stronger, more athletic, etc. than their competition. Normally people prefer non-calls on hustle plays like that, but I guess since it's Lebron, we gotta bitch and moan and try and discredit the whole game**

Dawg61

What? Take your Cavs hate blinders off. Klay not only touches the ball while standing oob he then pulls (fouls) Dova. Right call was made. After review.

blacklistedbully
He's a superstar, and they always get away it, as someone else pointed out earlier in the thread.

Not accusing you of this, but most people who always seem to gripe about Lebron, tend to measure him against a metric they don't apply to others. It's like someone who refuses to watch a great movie or listen to a great band, because they can't get by whatever "flaws" it may/or/may-not have. If y'all want to miss out on greatness, by all means; enjoy!.

I get that lots of players get away with putting a shoulder into a defender when driving to the basket, and superstars get away with more than regular players. But I literally saw LJ dip his shoulder, then bring his arm up in a forearm shiver move so obvious fans in the nosebleed section could see it. That goes WAY beyond giving a little leeway to the superstar.

As far as the suggestion that I'm somehow not being objective in my opinion, I'll say I've been extremely impressed with Dellavedova. That dude annoys the hell out of me, and I've seen him play dirty before, but he's just playing balls-to-the-wall this series.

blacklistedbully
06-09-2015, 11:10 PM
What? Take your Cavs hate blinders off. Klay not only touches the ball while standing oob he then pulls (fouls) Dova. Right call was made. After review.

You with this BS again? You lame 17! Last time you disagreed with me it was because I hated my 2nd favorite team, Memphis.

BeardoMSU
06-09-2015, 11:12 PM
I get that lots of players get away with putting a shoulder into a defender when driving to the basket, and superstars get away with more than regular players. But I literally say LJ dip his shoulder, then bring his arm up in a forearm shiver move so obvious fans in the nosebleed section could see it. That goes WAY beyond giving a little leeway to the superstar.

I agree with most of this, but like I've said, as well as others: this is just what the game is today.

As far as the suggestion that I'm somehow not being objective in my opinion, I'll say I've been extremely impressed with Dellavedova. That dude annoys the hell out of me, and I've seen him play dirty before, but he's just playing balls-to-the-wall this series.

I wasn't accusing you, that's why I said "not accusing you of this", but that does seem to be the mantra in this thread as a whole, though.

Dawg61
06-09-2015, 11:18 PM
You with this BS again? You lame 17! Last time you disagreed with me it was because I hated my 2nd favorite team, Memphis.

Don't short change yourself. I've disagreed with you way more than that.

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-09-2015, 11:20 PM
You are getting caught up in the size disparity. The exact same thing happened to Shaq: he'd go up for a dunk, but get called for an offensive foul just because the guy guarding him was smaller. Update!...it's not their 17'n fault they are bigger, stronger, more athletic, etc. than their competition. Normally people prefer non-calls on hustle plays like that, but I guess since it's Lebron, we gotta bitch and moan and try and discredit the whole game**

So...because he's bigger, stronger, and more athletic he can slide tackle someone with the ball? That makes a lot of sense. I'm all for a hustle play being a no call, but when you take the other guy out you've got to make the call.

Dawg61
06-09-2015, 11:23 PM
So...because he's bigger, stronger, and more athletic he can slide tackle someone with the ball? That makes a lot of sense. I'm all for a hustle play being a no call, but when you take the other guy out you've got to make the call.

Call wasn't made because he slapped the ball first before running into Curry. If it's the other way around that call gets made 100 out of 100 times. Once the ball becomes loose contact is allowed.

blacklistedbully
06-09-2015, 11:28 PM
Don't short change yourself. I've disagreed with you way more than that.

You are free to be as wrong as you want to be. Your problem is, you're so eager to disagree with me that you say stupid shit. As an example, I only said, "last time you disagreed with me", yet you somehow read that as me suggesting it was the only time, or a rare thing. Nothing in my post suggested any such thing, yet you base your latest, "zinger" (cough..cough) on a premise that doesn't exist.

You see, there are posters on this board who can intelligently disagree. You are not one of those posters.

blacklistedbully
06-09-2015, 11:33 PM
Call wasn't made because he slapped the ball first before running into Curry. If it's the other way around that call gets made 100 out of 100 times. Once the ball becomes loose contact is allowed.

This is just plain stupid. So, let's just target the other team's star player by training our guys to go head-long into a tackle, just making sure to touch the ball right before you make contact. Oh, and I'm not entirely sure he did knock the ball away first. Hell, let's not even bother trying to disguise it, because according to dawg61, as long as we knock the ball away a split second before, it's perfectly legal to assault the opposing player.***

Dawg61
06-09-2015, 11:49 PM
You are free to be as wrong as you want to be. Your problem is, you're so eager to disagree with me that you say stupid shit. As an example, I only said, "last time you disagreed with me", yet you somehow read that as me suggesting it was the only time, or a rare thing. Nothing in my post suggested any such thing, yet you base your latest, "zinger" (cough..cough) on a premise that doesn't exist.

You see, there are posters on this board who can intelligently disagree. You are not one of those posters.

This is just plain stupid. So, let's just target the other team's star player by training our guys to go head-long into a tackle, just making sure to touch the ball right before you make contact. Oh, and I'm not entirely sure he did knock the ball away first. Hell, let's not even bother trying to disguise it, because according to dawg61, as long as we knock the ball away a split second before, it's perfectly legal to assault the opposing player.***

I can concede that LeBron sliding into Curry was a foul but with the ball popping out the refs focus shifted to Dellavadova diving to the ground and Lee diving on top of him which was a more excessive foul. Right team won tonight. Did you watch game 2 where LeBron got raped three times under two minutes with no call? I didn't hear you bitching then.

blacklistedbully
06-10-2015, 08:24 AM
I can concede that LeBron sliding into Curry was a foul but with the ball popping out the refs focus shifted to Dellavadova diving to the ground and Lee diving on top of him which was a more excessive foul. Right team won tonight. Did you watch game 2 where LeBron got raped three times under two minutes with no call? I didn't hear you bitching then.

Officiating was bad then, as well. Didn't feel bad for LJ for the aforementioned reasons, and because on one of those fouls, Lebron traveled before the foul, switching his pivot foot. More proof LJ gets away with more than other superstars. Also, there appeared to be a few blocking calls against GW that probably should have been offensive fouls.

One thing we can agree on is that the officiating has been crappy, and not in a one-sided way. Oh, and we can agree that GS did not deserve to win, not with the terrible shooting that, IMO went well beyond the scrappy defense Cleveland played.

BeardoMSU
06-10-2015, 08:34 AM
Officiating was bad then, as well. Didn't feel bad for LJ for the aforementioned reasons, and because on one of those fouls, Lebron traveled before the foul, switching his pivot foot. More proof LJ gets away with more than other superstars. Also, there appeared to be a few blocking calls against GW that probably should have been offensive fouls.

One thing we can agree on is that the officiating has been crappy, and not in a one-sided way. Oh, and we can agree that GS did not deserve to win, not with the terrible shooting that, IMO went well beyond the scrappy defense Cleveland played.

LBJ didn't get that charge call late in the game, so obviously he doesn't get every call. He was outside the circle and feet were planted. That was a bad call, but as we've seen this whole series, the officiating is just bad.

Dawg Corps
06-10-2015, 08:40 AM
LBJ

Lyndon B. Johnson is playing in the NBA now? Sweeeeeeeeeet.**

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-10-2015, 08:55 AM
THE NBA IS RIGGED PEOPLE....If you are a fan sorry but fact is fact

BeardoMSU
06-10-2015, 09:01 AM

Yup, and the guys at the local Masonic Lodge are behind it. Gawd-damn those dudes are cool***

thf24
06-10-2015, 09:02 AM

Question, does that tin foil hat cause you to sweat more than usual? I feel like I should start wearing one, not sure if I want to deal with that aspect though.

BeardoMSU
06-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Question, does that tin foil hat cause you to sweat more than usual? I feel like I should start wearing one, not sure if I want to deal with that aspect though.

Mel Gibson's "Conspiracy Theory" is actually a non-fiction documentary***

Dawg Corps
06-10-2015, 09:26 AM
If you look really closely, some pick-and-roll offenses actually resemble the Illuminati pyramid in core structure.

DudyDawg
06-10-2015, 12:48 PM
If you look really closely, some pick-and-roll offenses actually resemble the Illuminati pyramid in core structure.

Why do you think Phil Jackson is one of the best ever. He ran the triangle. Illuminati took care of the rest

drunkernhelldawg
06-10-2015, 01:19 PM
Much as it hurts me, I've got to say MJ is still the greatest ever. Lebron can exceed him in spurts, such as the third period in last night's game, but MJ's consistency, minute to minute, period to period, game to game, season to season, is a wonder to behold that may never be surpassed.

Dawg61
06-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Much as it hurts me, I've got to say MJ is still the greatest ever. Lebron can exceed him in spurts, such as the third period in last night's game, but MJ's consistency, minute to minute, period to period, game to game, season to season, is a wonder to behold that may never be surpassed.

Athletically LeBron is superior. Passing LeBron is superior. Scoring MJ is superior. Shooting MJ is superior. Rebounding LeBron. Blocking LeBron. Defense MJ. But the one aspect that Michael is far superior is the kill switch. MJ killed opponents. He didn't leave them around with life to comeback on him at the end. He killed them with no hope left. LeBron keeps choking in the 4th quarter. 3 games in a row the Cavs have let the Warriors come back. MJ wouldn't allow that. Ever.

Smitty
06-10-2015, 02:31 PM
We aren't talking who's the better at different aspects. I mean shit let's compare Mike Conley and Shaq

Passing- Conley
3 pointers- Conley
Free throws- Conley
Blocking- Shaq
Rebounding- Shaq
Dunking- Shaq

They're the same**

No you have to look at the player. This isn't baseball it's a flowing team game. LeBron is great but nowhere close to the GOAT. Michael is so far ahead.

Would have won EIGHT in a row. Won. Not just made it there but won them. He did win 6 in a row. LeBron is 2-4. In a watered down east.

LeBron is Larry Bird. And that's not an insult. Bird was great, amazing. Actually Bron needs to win this one to equal Bird. Birds competition was so much higher as well just to make the finals and then he played in the Showtime era.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Athletically LeBron is superior. Passing LeBron is superior. Scoring MJ is superior. Shooting MJ is superior. Rebounding LeBron. Blocking LeBron. Defense MJ. But the one aspect that Michael is far superior is the kill switch. MJ killed opponents. He didn't leave them around with life to comeback on him at the end. He killed them with no hope left. LeBron keeps choking in the 4th quarter. 3 games in a row the Cavs have let the Warriors come back. MJ wouldn't allow that. Ever.

MJ didn't have to do every single thing for his team & almost have to play 48min every game. Don't you think part of those 4th qtr letdowns are fatigue? They only play 7 players & he's avg 46min/game having to do literally everything on both ends of the floor.

Smitty
06-10-2015, 02:46 PM
Michael was 6 for 6 in the Finals and never let the series go more than 6 games. No game 7's. No losses. Tougher East. Holy crap LeBron lost 2 playing beside Wade and Bosh.

Bron lost to Dirk.. Dirk and Dallas in 6. The Spurs punked him in 5 and would have punked him again if not for Ray Allen's miracle. Bron is a ****hair close to being 1-5 in the Finals.

This debate is absurd and the lack of any historic context is amazing. Bron and the boys are going to lose this series and hopefully this argument goes away.

chef dixon
06-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Smitty you can't be taken seriously if you think Lebron is Bird. Bottom line.

mstatefan91
06-10-2015, 05:13 PM
Bron and the boys are up 2-1 with a good chance to make it 3-1 with another home game in Cleveland tomorrow night.

You will have a tough argument if they do somehow win this series and by they, I really mean Lebron and Delly since those are the only two contributing anything meaningful with Irving and Love out.

chef dixon
06-10-2015, 05:20 PM
Bron and the boys are up 2-1 with a good chance to make it 3-1 with another home game in Cleveland tomorrow night.

You will have a tough argument if they do somehow win this series and by they, I really mean Lebron and Delly since those are the only two contributing anything meaningful with Irving and Love out.

Gotta shed a little love to Tristan Thompson, dude has been a beast all post season.

BeardoMSU
06-10-2015, 05:27 PM
Michael was 6 for 6 in the Finals and never let the series go more than 6 games. No game 7's. No losses. Tougher East. Holy crap LeBron lost 2 playing beside Wade and Bosh.

Bron lost to Dirk.. Dirk and Dallas in 6. The Spurs punked him in 5 and would have punked him again if not for Ray Allen's miracle. Bron is a ****hair close to being 1-5 in the Finals.

This debate is absurd and the lack of any historic context is amazing. Bron and the boys are going to lose this series and hopefully this argument goes away.

Speaking of lacking context...

Smitty
06-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Smitty you can't be taken seriously if you think Lebron is Bird. Bottom line.

We're not talking them playing 1 on 1 or in a boxing ring. Bron is more an athletic freak. Bird has the far superior J and comparable assist and rebound numbers. Bird also went up against Showtime, one of the greatest dynasties in league history.

Too much living in the moment with Bron and lack of appreciation for Larry Bird.

Larry Bird's career before his heels and back issues was shorter than LeBrons career so far...
And Larry STILL put up numbers playing hurt. It was a much tougher, more physical NBA back then as well.

Larry Bird is the most under-appreciated all-time great in the last 30 years. It is a compliment, not an insult, to compare LeBron to Larry Legend.

Dawg61
06-10-2015, 11:19 PM
We aren't talking who's the better at different aspects. I mean shit let's compare Mike Conley and Shaq

Passing- Conley
3 pointers- Conley
Free throws- Conley
Blocking- Shaq
Rebounding- Shaq
Dunking- Shaq

They're the same**

No you have to look at the player. This isn't baseball it's a flowing team game. LeBron is great but nowhere close to the GOAT. Michael is so far ahead.

Would have won EIGHT in a row. Won. Not just made it there but won them. He did win 6 in a row. LeBron is 2-4. In a watered down east.

LeBron is Larry Bird. And that's not an insult. Bird was great, amazing. Actually Bron needs to win this one to equal Bird. Birds competition was so much higher as well just to make the finals and then he played in the Showtime era.

It took MJ a couple years to even make the playoffs so let's not act like he dominated the NBA playoffs from the start. LeBron is about to win an NBA Championship with Matthew Dellavadova as his 2nd best player on his team. Think about that for awhile. Matthew Dellavadova. A player that won't crack the top 1,000 players to ever play. Jordan had Scottie ****ing Pippen and Dennis Rodman.

Smitty
06-11-2015, 12:07 AM
6 for 6.

LeBron lost 2 finals with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh beside him. One of those was to freaking Dirk. He's very lucky they beat SA when they did as well or he'd be stuck on 1.

And the Warriors are far from out of this thing.

Dawg61
06-11-2015, 12:15 AM
6 for 6.

LeBron lost 2 finals with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh beside him. One of those was to freaking Dirk. He's very lucky they beat SA when they did as well or he'd be stuck on 1.

And the Warriors are far from out of this thing.

You're a hater. Nothing LeBron can do will sway your fixed position. Keep staying over there in Hateville I'm going to enjoy greatness while it's here.

Smitty
06-11-2015, 12:20 AM
You're a hater. Nothing LeBron can do will sway your fixed position. Keep staying over there in Hateville I'm going to enjoy greatness while it's here.

Larry Bird is an all-time great.
LeBron is an all-time great.

Michael Jeffrey Jordan is THE all time great.

Check out the Angels as much as possible for this generation's best, Mike Trout.