PDA

View Full Version : QB Recruiting Thought

BeastMan
06-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Since MSU missed out on both Hurts and Smith, I'd keep a close eye on Jon Randall Belton who is at camp today. Months back he was at the top of the board but a second ACL injury dropped him down. I'm sure the staff will be keeping a close eye on his recovery today and throughout his senior season.

Should he have a good and healthy senior season let me tell you why Id be okay with getting back on Belton. For one, it's not a talent thing. Dude can throw it and has a lot of physical talent. He's a risk at this point but he's low risk, high reward. Let me explain. Next year's roster will have 3 freshmen QBs so there is no doubt he's redshirting anyway. He would get a full year to get 100% and learn the offense.

Worse case scenario is he has another knee injury while on scholarship at MSU his freshman year. At that point you put him on medical waiver and he either finishes his education or transfers to anther school. Either way Belton is on a scholarship and his best interest is served. This would make 2017 a possible 2 Qab year if anyone transfers but nothing to panic over. Again, 3 guys with at least 4 to play already on campus.

Best case scenario is he gets back 100% and joins in the QB race now or to replace Fitz/Staley as a junior.

I just don't see any downside of looking back at Belton.

Todd4State
06-06-2015, 01:41 PM
I don't see any downside either. Plus IF he is healthy and QB doesn't work out he is athletic enough to play other positions.

SDDawg
06-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Right on. How do you feel about Adams an option? Do you take him if Belton is not an option?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Adams isn't a SEC QB.

BeastMan
06-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Right on. How do you feel about Adams an option? Do you take him if Belton is not an option?

I like Adams as an ATH (TE, RB, LB) but not as a QB