PDA

View Full Version : Tiger shot 85 in 3rd round

Coach34
06-06-2015, 11:30 AM
after barely making the cut. Dude is done

Dawg61
06-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Nah he's just struggling mightily with his driver. He keeps squatting down making it impossible to square up the face. They've shown multiple times exactly what he's doing wrong. Just up to Tiger to not be stubborn and listen. He'll fix it. He actually looked pretty good after his opening 40 on Thursday until today obviously. He plays seven more times in the next 3 months.

Rick Danko
06-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Nah he's just struggling mightily with his driver. He keeps squatting down making it impossible to square up the face. They've shown multiple times exactly what he's doing wrong. Just up to Tiger to not be stubborn and listen. He'll fix it. He actually looked pretty good after his opening 40 on Thursday until today obviously. He plays seven more times in the next 3 months.

Keep dreaming man, Jack's record is safe and sound

scottycameron
06-06-2015, 01:02 PM
He's done. Now please get his big toof ass off the tv.

Dawg61
06-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Keep dreaming man, Jack's record is safe and sound

It's up to Tiger to accept the coaching. As soon as he stops squatting on his follow through he'll have it fixed. It's really that simple. When he drives it straight his 74's turn into 68's. He also needs to play every week and stop with all the extra shit he does in between tournaments. He takes a month off in between tournaments right now. He can't be doing that anymore during the season.

Dawg61
06-06-2015, 01:12 PM
He's done. Now please get his big toof ass off the tv.

I and many others want to watch his struggles so it'll be that much more enjoyable when he's winning again. Golf owes Tiger a hundred years worth of coverage so suck it. Not like they are showing him today. You'd know that if you actually watched golf instead of running your mouth like you do.

Bully13
06-06-2015, 01:27 PM
I wish they would follow him more while he's sucking. ..I wanna see clubs thrown and hear f bombs. ...remembering those tippy toes and pointed index fingers. ...reap what you sew bitch.

scottycameron
06-06-2015, 01:34 PM
I and many others want to watch his struggles so it'll be that much more enjoyable when he's winning again. Golf owes Tiger a hundred years worth of coverage so suck it. Not like they are showing him today. You'd know that if you actually watched golf instead of running your mouth like you do.

I started watching less of it when his dork ass was all that they showed. I'm back to watching it more now. Saw him play a practice round at Augusta with Mark Omeara late monday afternoon. I felt like giving Mark a pat on the back. He was probably the only guy there who would play with him.
I will give you this, he is mildly entertaining to watch when he's hacking it and starts faking injuries Al Czervik style. That's always a classic.

THE Bruce Dickinson
06-06-2015, 02:05 PM
If you are a tour pro, you don't shoot 85 simply because you aren't hitting your driver straight. 4 months ago the guy looked like complete hack around the green. Tiger is finished. Let it go

Dawgface
06-06-2015, 02:41 PM
He shot an 85 while others are shooting 65. He has been dipping for a long time now and he knows it, but can't fix it. He's screwed between the ears. He's done.

Dawg61
06-06-2015, 03:05 PM
If you are a tour pro, you don't shoot 85 simply because you aren't hitting your driver straight. 4 months ago the guy looked like complete hack around the green. Tiger is finished. Let it go

He shot -2 yesterday. He'd be done if he was consistently shooting 85 but since that's the first time ever I am going to chalk it up to rust and his inability to hit his driver straight. Tiger is still a brilliant irons hitter and putter. Let's see how he does the next seven tournaments first before we deem a man that was the #1 ranked golfer for over a decade straight done. As long as he still picks up a club he is never done.

War Machine Dawg
06-06-2015, 03:24 PM
He shot -2 yesterday. He'd be done if he was consistently shooting 85 but since that's the first time ever I am going to chalk it up to rust and his inability to hit his driver straight. Tiger is still a brilliant irons hitter and putter. Let's see how he does the next seven tournaments first before we deem a man that was the #1 ranked golfer for over a decade straight done. As long as he still picks up a club he is never done.

He's not just done, he's DUN. D-U-N. DUN. His game was always predicated on murdering his driver. The problems started because he had mechanics that wrecked his knee. He tried re-tooling his swing to compensate, but has only had limited success. What made him great is gone. Then add in the obvious mental issues, and there is no way he's catching Jack.

Coach34
06-06-2015, 03:32 PM
His mental state has certainly made David Duval feel better about himself

thf24
06-06-2015, 04:00 PM
I used to be with you, 61, but at this point, he's had plenty of time since being "back" to make the little changes or accept the coaching, and he hasn't done it. It's gotten more likely than not that this is what he is now, and the old Tiger isn't coming back.

THE Bruce Dickinson
06-06-2015, 05:24 PM
He is shooting in the 85 range way more than he is shooting in the two under range. This is pretty obvious given his incredible decline in the world rankings.

Yes, he was dominant for a long stretch, but he finished the 2014 year ranked 32nd in the world, and six months later he is ranked 173. I don't understand where all of your optimism comes from. The guy is a train wreck, and is really not that far from being off the tour if he doesn't correct something fast.

scottycameron
06-06-2015, 05:39 PM
the roid experiment certainly didn't work out well. I was at the beach and brought all my unread golf and digest mags to read like I always do (I used to have a tradition of getting the Lindys, Athlon, etc for the beach also - man I loved that but that is over- they come out too early now and I don't care as much about reading them anymore anyway) and read a story on Tiger's new quasi-coach after he fired the metrosexual guy. He's very young, a technical former golfing machine guy. He doesn't talk with the media and he says he's just a consultant not a real teacher, just someone for douchebag to bounce ideas off of. After seeing that 85 go up I thought about how smart that turned out to be.

Homedawg
06-06-2015, 07:06 PM

Yes he did..... With 24 putts. Hardly the norm. He scrambled his ass of for that 70. Made everything he looked at. He will win again. I can't give up completely, but breaking jack's record is over.

pilldawg
06-06-2015, 07:06 PM
If it wasn't Tiger, no one would notice. Golf is a cruel game. He won 5 tournaments in a season 2 years ago and was #1 in the world about 18 months ago. Dude is slumping, but he still has good golf in him. I wouldn't count him out yet. And by the way, his mechanics didn't wreck his knee. His Navy Seal training wrecked his knees, because he was attempting to join the special forces for awhile to honor his father. There was an article about his obsession with it and he was running in combat boots and screwing his knees up more and more.

MrKotter
06-06-2015, 07:30 PM
It's up to Tiger to accept the coaching. As soon as he stops squatting on his follow through he'll have it fixed. It's really that simple. When he drives it straight his 74's turn into 68's. He also needs to play every week and stop with all the extra shit he does in between tournaments. He takes a month off in between tournaments right now. He can't be doing that anymore during the season.

Tiger dipped/squatted with Harmon, Haney, Foley and now with Como. It isn't ever going away. His search for the perfect swing that doesn't rely on timing is a fairytale and has ruined his game. He was one of, if not the best, clutch putters in the modern day but allowed Foley to screw that up too. He has never been and probably never will be a straight driver of the ball. Not many power hitters are. He has turned his iron game, short game and putting to shit in his quest for the perfect swing and killed his confidence doing so. There isn't one thing with his swing now that anybody can pinpoint as the main culprit but completely retooling for the fifth time or so has not helped.

Homedawg
06-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Tiger dipped/squatted with Harmon, Haney, Foley and now with Como. It isn't ever going away. His search for the perfect swing that doesn't rely on timing is a fairytale and has ruined his game. He was one of, if not the best, clutch putters in the modern day but allowed Foley to screw that up too. He has never been and probably never will be a straight driver of the ball. Not many power hitters are. He has turned his iron game, short game and putting to shit in his quest for the perfect swing and killed his confidence doing so. There isn't one thing with his swing now that anybody can pinpoint as the main culprit but completely retooling for the fifth time or so has not helped.

He didn't squat w Harmon after he got him fixed. Also he was a fairly straight driver under Harmon, he finished #1 in total driving and that's solid considering how far he hit it compared to the field. With that said, Haney was helpful to a degree but Harmon was what got him tot he big time. Foley, that was a bad match for tiger, bad bad. Now tiger has turned into a mechanic that all he thinks of is a mechanical golf swing. Which hasn't tuned out well, to say the least.

Schultzy
06-06-2015, 09:27 PM
I can't wait to see the 30 for 30 post four iron to the head on Thanksgiving special one day. No way his high scores are golf (swing) related, his problems are much deeper I think.

Dawg61
06-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Evil Tiger will prevail

Smitty
06-07-2015, 06:37 AM
The Field is much tougher nowadays. Jack had good competition at the top but nothing close to the depth we see now.

MrKotter
06-07-2015, 06:59 AM
He didn't squat w Harmon after he got him fixed. Also he was a fairly straight driver under Harmon, he finished #1 in total driving and that's solid considering how far he hit it compared to the field. With that said, Haney was helpful to a degree but Harmon was what got him tot he big time. Foley, that was a bad match for tiger, bad bad. Now tiger has turned into a mechanic that all he thinks of is a mechanical golf swing. Which hasn't tuned out well, to say the least.
I stand corrected. 15 years ago he was able to keep it in the short stuff better. As for not dipping and squatting with Butch, he most certainly did. Not only does Harmon mention this damn near every time he is asked about Tiger but it was obvious early in his career with Harmon. Harmon had him in a setup that greatly helped with it but, according to Tiger, it put a lot of stress on his left knee.

Dawg61
06-07-2015, 10:56 AM
Tiger shot +2 today. After 4 rounds Tiger was -2 on the front and +16 on the back.

scottycameron
06-07-2015, 11:40 AM
Tiger shot +2 today. After 4 rounds Tiger was -2 on the front and +16 on the back.

that's a good score for him.

drunkernhelldawg
06-07-2015, 12:14 PM
It may not be this year, but he'll be back. I do agree that he should play more. I think that's what hurts his game the most. But bottom line is he'll be back.

Bully13
06-07-2015, 01:02 PM
I don't see anyway tiger ever dominates the way he did in his heyday. he'll never have the confidence he once had. he may get it back to the point where he can win a few more tourneys, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't though. from top to bottom, the field is just too good these days. Jack's record couldn't be any safer.

I hope he keeps on playing and keeps on sucking. watching him get the living shit kicked out of him couldn't make the PGA more enjoyable these days. that and watching the new guys make names for themselves.

Schultzy
06-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Is it possible for Tiger to play poorly enough to ever lose his card?

Dawgface
06-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Is it possible for Tiger to play poorly enough to ever lose his card?

No. I'm not sure of the number, but I think if you win something like 20 PGA tour events you are exempt for life.

Smitty
06-07-2015, 07:19 PM
No. I'm not sure of the number, but I think if you win something like 20 PGA tour events you are exempt for life.

Plus there's the sponsor waiver that keeps Daly alive. No tournament sponsor would ever want to turn tiger away, he's too big a draw.

Dawgcentral
06-07-2015, 08:09 PM
He's probably just distracted by chicks with erect nipples in the gallery. Dude has a mental issue. If you're married to a Swedish Super-Model and seeking pleasure elsewhere, you need some self examination. Thanks for letting me play board therapist.

Dawg61
06-07-2015, 09:15 PM

This is correct. 20 PGA wins and a minimum of 15 years played. Tiger has 79 wins. Let that sink in. His next win he will have QUADRUPLED the requirement for lifetime exemption. They don't just hand those out. Phil, Vijay and maybe one other active players have that. And yall idiots are saying this man is done. Hilarious!