PDA

View Full Version : Football question for the board

Vinsanity
06-06-2015, 10:27 AM
With there being 91 days and counting leading up to the season opener, I'd thought I'd get everyone's opinion on what improvements to Davis Wade you would like to see in place before the season starts. What would you guys want the school to improve on the most?

BulldogDX55
06-06-2015, 10:47 AM
With there being 91 days and counting leading up to the season opener, I'd thought I'd get everyone's opinion on what improvements to Davis Wade you would like to see in place before the season starts. What would you guys want the school to improve on the most?

The Templeton Troughs still exist. They shouldn't.

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Mostly cosmetic stuff for me. I'd like to see something on the back of the North video board. Not this year, but we have to do something with the M Club building at some point. It's become a complete eye sore. I'm not sure if we bowl in the stadium to the south or if we renovate the M club. If we renovate, I'd like it look like Lee Hall or the Union. That style.

The next thing I'd like to see us do is replace tear out the old press box and do a full renovation with suites and a new press box. Then I'd like us to take a look at the lights in the stadium and replace them with something that looks more modern and fitting to the stadium.

starkvegasdawg
06-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Hang a legit national championship banner.

BulldogBear
06-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Hang a legit national championship banner.

I feel you. I really do. But OP said BEFORE the season starts.

Let's leave the hanging of preseason national championship and recruiting championship banners and that kind of thing to the red and blue clad douchebags who do it best!

"Kung Fu Black Bears, Legends if awesomeness!". Hey, the thought just occurred to me, they've even got a furious five! ROTFL

War Machine Dawg
06-06-2015, 11:22 AM
New sound system. Our current system either a) blows or b) isn't cut up all the way. Either way, fix that shit.

fader2103
06-06-2015, 11:25 AM
I 2nd the sound system.

Coach34
06-06-2015, 11:44 AM
a Pettys located in the Scoreboard Club

Vinsanity
06-06-2015, 12:33 PM
Mostly cosmetic stuff for me. I'd like to see something on the back of the North video board. Not this year, but we have to do something with the M Club building at some point. It's become a complete eye sore. I'm not sure if we bowl in the stadium to the south or if we renovate the M club. If we renovate, I'd like it look like Lee Hall or the Union. That style.

The next thing I'd like to see us do is replace tear out the old press box and do a full renovation with suites and a new press box. Then I'd like us to take a look at the lights in the stadium and replace them with something that looks more modern and fitting to the stadium.

I think we should bowl in that endzone and put a new M Club within that new section, similar to the scoreboard club, and build a new locker room too.

BrunswickDawg
06-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Bring back chicken on a stick!

scottycameron
06-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Beer sold.

Bothrops
06-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Instead of bowling in the south endzone, I would rather expand the west side upper decks to match the length of the east side. In addition to that, add new boxes in the middle, premium seating, and a modern press box. The next large scale expansion should be focused here, imo.

I seen it dawg
06-06-2015, 02:51 PM
a Pettys located in the Scoreboard Club

Mfing ditto that!!

DawgFromOxford
06-06-2015, 03:29 PM
A new sound system is desperately needed. The words are so far off when people talk on the jumbtron its not even funny. Also the new jumbotron had some sort of flickering problem at the bottom of it last year that was annoying. Putting a giant State logo on the back of the new jumbotron wouldn't hurt either.

spudd21
06-06-2015, 03:58 PM
I agree about the sound system. What we have now blows. Next, needs to be an updated pressbox. Are we the only school in d1 that has an open air press box?

Pinto
06-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Hire a game manager (me) that understands football games are a living breathing thing. Sometimes you have to create/encourage energy and sometimes you just let the crowd go. Most importantly for goodness sake know you don't have to script out every second or possible break and that if you do script every second you don't have to go by the script. Got so pissed at the end of the season last year the crowd was getting rowdy, Maroon - White cheer etc and they trotted the damn Pom squad out there to dance. Killed the vibe. If momma and daddy have to see them then tell the bimbos to run out and join the cheer and hype the crowd. Screw the dance and pa music. Get the 60 K rocking. 60 K > 20

DawgFromOxford
06-07-2015, 06:50 PM
I also wouldn't mind seeing something done to the old metal walk way ramps on the sides of the stadium. Put some brick on those so it fits in with the rest of the stadium

Vinsanity
06-07-2015, 07:03 PM
I agree about the sound system. What we have now blows. Next, needs to be an updated pressbox. Are we the only school in d1 that has an open air press box?

I wish we could pattern our press box like LSU or Bama has theirs. Both are really nice.

Vinsanity
06-07-2015, 07:04 PM
I also wouldn't mind seeing something done to the old metal walk way ramps on the sides of the stadium. Put some brick on those so it fits in with the rest of the stadium

Think they would look good if we rebuilt them in a circular pattern like a lot of stadiums have?

sleepy dawg
06-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Better food in the upper deck east side... there are very few edible options up there... very few.