PDA

View Full Version : I believe I have found the perfect quote for long summer of football media garbage!!!

BulldogBear
06-05-2015, 06:59 PM
From a surprising, yet not so surprising source... Joseph Goebbels, Nazi minister of propaganda:

"The rank and file are more primitive than we imagine. Propaganda must therefore always be essentially simple and repetitious. In the long run only he will achieve basic results in influencing public opinion who is able to reduce problems to the simplest terms and who has the courage to keep forever repeating them in this simplified form despite the objections of intellectuals."

Just change the name to Barrett Sallee or whomever. This is what is happening in the offseason!!! Guess this makes us the intellectuals

scottycameron
06-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Wow. So true that history repeats itself. Obama brings it full circle. Reduce to the simplest terms and repeat over and over and over. Appeal to the primitive.

BulldogBear
06-05-2015, 07:04 PM
stars and starters, simplest terms and seems about as far as 99% of sports media people take their research

I guess the media are actually sheep too

MSUDawg4Life
06-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Wow. So true that history repeats itself. Obama brings it full circle. Reduce to the simplest terms and repeat over and over and over. Appeal to the primitive.

It's true on both sides of the aisle. Keep the message simple and repetitious and the simple ... I mean ... the masses ... take it and run with it without thought.

scottycameron
06-05-2015, 07:15 PM
stars and starters, simplest terms and seems about as far as 99% of sports media people take their research

I guess the media are actually sheep too

You know, a while back we were discussing M. White being hired by UF and basically the same situation (disguised to the rank and file) arose. M. White was a bad hire because he isn't proven. My opinion was he will be a bad hire until the season tips off then it doesn't matter anymore, the press conference loss is forgotten at that point. The counter argument was that he is still a bad hire even after the season starts because other coaches out there have proven more. Isn't that the same thing as picking MSU down the list in pre-season? If you hire M. White as he kicks butt it was still a bad hire because he didn't have a track record - if you pick MSU 6th and they finish 1st it was still a good pick because of the lack of track record. ??????????????
So our own rank and file who are upset at the media picking us down the list because of history do the exact same thing they are so ired by when they evaluate a coaching hire.
I thought it was funny.

scottycameron
06-05-2015, 07:21 PM
It's true on both sides of the aisle. Keep the message simple and repetitious and the simple ... I mean ... the masses ... take it and run with it without thought.

I couldn't do it. It's the courage thing that would get me. I can't tell a whopper like that and repeat it over and over in the face of intellectuals, as he says. Just too embarrassing. I think being somewhat stupid would really, really help in this regard. If you truly don't get something it's infinitely easier to take the stupid side of it and defend it to the death. I see that every day. I almost admire it. I'm a little jealous.