PDA

View Full Version : True Detective coming back for a 2nd season on HBO

Coach34
06-03-2015, 10:41 PM
can this season match-up? Its got some really good people in it. Can the writing be as strong? Season 1 was outstanding until the finale- where I thought they reached somewhat to finish. But overall the Season 1 was one of the 10 best shows in the history of TV imo. Really looking forward to S2.

I see a football themed show coming also with the Rock and others- it also looks like it has high potential to be very good.

Cant wait for the debuts of these later this month

TheRef
06-03-2015, 10:43 PM
*looks at forum* I think you meant for these to be in the Bovine forum?

Coach34
06-03-2015, 10:56 PM
No- I hate the Bovine forum and want it gone. But until I can swing another vote- it stays. I post what I want- I'm not getting fired

Dawg61
06-03-2015, 11:39 PM
I'm excited for TD2. First was excellent but got super weird at the end and felt like they didn't know how to end it. Kirtsch, Vaughn and Farrell should be good.

archdog
06-04-2015, 07:49 AM
I'm excited for TD2. First was excellent but got super weird at the end and felt like they didn't know how to end it. Kirtsch, Vaughn and Farrell should be good.

Tim Riggins and Rachel McAdams +1

Dawgology
06-04-2015, 08:23 AM
can this season match-up? Its got some really good people in it. Can the writing be as strong? Season 1 was outstanding until the finale- where I thought they reached somewhat to finish. But overall the Season 1 was one of the 10 best shows in the history of TV imo. Really looking forward to S2.

I see a football themed show coming also with the Rock and others- it also looks like it has high potential to be very good.

Same writer and producer. It's going to be hard to top season 1 though. That was lightning in a bottle and anything held to that standard will fall short, I think. I still believe it will be good TV. On the same note (kind of) if you have an Amazon Prime account you should watch Banshee. The t&a in it makes it worth a watch but the storyline and acting is pretty good also...it's by the producers of True Blood so kind of has a campy side to it... much better than True Blood.

sandwolf
06-04-2015, 08:31 AM
Yep, Banshee is solid.

Dawg Corps
06-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Time...is a flat...circle.

I hope that the new cast can gel as well as Matt and Woody did. That show was absorbing once I started it. Some people were even putting the stick and moss pyramid things around campus for a little while.

Lloyd Christmas
06-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Colin Farrell...hope he proves me wrong.

FlabLoser
06-04-2015, 10:11 AM
The chemistry that Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson had was just classic. Dry humor off the charts.

"Well that must have been tough. Sitting there all day. Nothing to do but listen to a guy say stupid shit all day."

AlSwearengen
06-04-2015, 11:20 AM
It will be hard to beat season 1 with the crazy bayou hoodoo story line. They ended season one the way it would play out in real life. In other words, you never catch all of the bad guys, especially when they run the whole state.

I like Vince Vaughn but the others are meh. Although Kitch was good in Savages.

Dawg Corps
06-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Season 1 did such a good job with the setting there in south Louisiana that I could almost hear those huge swamp mosquitoes buzzing and feel the heavy humidity in the air.

Coach34
06-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Season 1 was as perfect of a show as you could get until the last episode- it was so good and they had so much story- they rushed the ending and it came off that way

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
06-04-2015, 11:43 AM
Love Vince Vaughn, not a huge fan of Farrell, and Rachel McAdams...

http://i.imgur.com/xj1Pxee.gif

LanceHarbor
06-04-2015, 02:12 PM
by Amazon for a similar type series. Probably a 2017 release.

jumbo
06-04-2015, 03:27 PM
Season 1 was as perfect of a show as you could get until the last episode- it was so good and they had so much story- they rushed the ending and it came off that way

I agree. With as "slow" as the first episodes were they packed way to much into the last couple. The scene at the stash house is one of the best moments in television.

FlabLoser
06-04-2015, 03:42 PM
I agree. With as "slow" as the first episodes were they packed way to much into the last couple. The scene at the stash house is one of the best moments in television.

That was up there with Clarice Starling walking into Buffalo Bill's house without backup...and all that happened afterward.

It pours the lotion on its skin.

Dawg61
06-04-2015, 03:51 PM

Six minutes all done in one consecutive shot. Watch it again and pay attention to the camera work. The camera moves with the whole scene. Amazing acting and camera work during that scene.

Dawg61
06-04-2015, 03:58 PM
It will be hard to beat season 1 with the crazy bayou hoodoo story line. They ended season one the way it would play out in real life. In other words, you never catch all of the bad guys, especially when they run the whole state.

I like Vince Vaughn but the others are meh. Although Kitch was good in Savages.

Kitsch is awesome in Friday Night Lights (TV show), John Carter and Lone Survivor too. Next ten years he breaks into the leading actor type imo.

Coach34
06-04-2015, 04:33 PM
Friday Night Light TV show was very good also

sandwolf
06-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Friday Night Light TV show was very good also

Yep, I was skeptical going into it, but that show was awesome.