PDA

View Full Version : A new category for Dak Prescott. Vaudeville continues

BulldogBear
06-03-2015, 02:40 PM
As C34 said, it's getting comical at this point.

Now Dak is the player in FBS with the 3rd most unrealistic expections to live up to

BulldogDX55
06-03-2015, 03:01 PM
As C34 said, it's getting comical at this point.

Now Dak is the player in FBS with the 3rd most unrealistic expections to live up to

SaturdayDownSouth? If so, please DO NOT link. Because **** them.

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
06-03-2015, 03:03 PM
Curious who #1 and #2 are...

TrapGame
06-03-2015, 03:17 PM
Somebody probably got it from some virtual reality machine.*

BulldogBear
06-03-2015, 03:30 PM
#2 Trevor Knight
#1 Seth Russell

No other SEC players listed

sleepy dawg
06-03-2015, 03:36 PM
Yeah, keep putting us down... Always reminds me of this guy.

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-it-s-my-whole-life-of-being-the-little-guy-and-having-a-little-chip-on-my-shoulder-from-year-to-doug-flutie-63176.jpg

sleepy dawg
06-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Also, often times the Beatles are listed as the most overrated band and Michael Jordan is the most overrated basketball player. Usually when someone says you're overrated, you're already the best or close to it. You can't be underrated when you're #1.

FlabLoser
06-03-2015, 04:30 PM
You can't be underrated when you're #1.

LOL. Nice.

RIdog
06-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Who dreams these categories up ? ? ? ? ? ?

BulldogBear
06-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Now, Dak is the 2nd most likely preseason Heisman Candidate to flop. Nice. Get ready for a chuckle. Here is the reasoning:

"Dak Prescott was the early front-runner for the award in 2014 before his play tailed off a bit. Regardless, he led the Bulldogs to one of their best seasons in history.

In 2015, it may be a different story.

The Bulldogs lost productive starting running back Josh Robinson early to the NFL draft. Receivers Jameon Lewis and Robert Johnson have also departed, as have three starting offensive linemen from a season ago (including center Dillon Day and guard Ben Beckwith).

Mississippi State has a daunting conference slate this year. It includes games at Auburn and Texas A&M and home contests versus Alabama and LSU.

It's asking an awful lot for Prescott to replicate the season he had a year ago—especially considering the amount of talent head coach Dan Mullen has to replace at integral positions. "

maroonmania
06-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Mississippi State has a daunting conference slate this year. It includes games at Auburn and Texas A&M and home contests versus Alabama and LSU.

That's a joke of a statement there because you could say the exact same thing about every SEC West team. The only thing that makes our schedule more difficult this year is losing Vandy off the schedule for Missouri. Mizzou is due for a bit of a slide so I'm hoping they have it this year. Just can't see them winning the East for a 3rd year.

BulldogBear
06-09-2015, 03:39 PM
That's a joke of a statement there because you could say the exact same thing about every SEC West team. The only thing that makes our schedule more difficult this year is losing Vandy off the schedule for Missouri. Mizzou is due for a bit of a slide so I'm hoping they have it this year. Just can't see them winning the East for a 3rd year.

Hmmm... why wasn't UMiss included on the list of daunting opponent? Suck it Rebel trolls. Click an ad.

Jack Lambert
06-09-2015, 03:39 PM

They said the same crap last year. We lost Gabe Jackson. "It's going to be hard to replace a 3rd round draft pick" Well we did it with a walk on private school kid. "They have to replace a left takle" We did that. "They are going to lose 1000 plus yard rusher LaDarius Perkins" Replaced him with another. Side note in Dans six years he has only had one year with out one. "They play a tough SEC schedule" They say that every year.

It's like they copy and paste from the previous magazine predictions.

You know that saying "you can't coach speed". Well we have another saying "you can't coach coaching". Our coaches can find the rough diamonds and coach them up better than anyone else.

LC Dawg
06-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Now, Dak is the 2nd most likely preseason Heisman Candidate to flop. Nice. Get ready for a chuckle. Here is the reasoning:

"Dak Prescott was the early front-runner for the award in 2014 before his play tailed off a bit. Regardless, he led the Bulldogs to one of their best seasons in history.

In 2015, it may be a different story.

The Bulldogs lost productive starting running back Josh Robinson early to the NFL draft. Receivers Jameon Lewis and Robert Johnson have also departed, as have three starting offensive linemen from a season ago (including center Dillon Day and guard Ben Beckwith).

It's asking an awful lot for Prescott to replicate the season he had a year ago—especially considering the amount of talent head coach Dan Mullen has to replace at integral positions. "

Jameon was hurt a good portion of the year and Robert Johnson caught 14 passes. They could just do a tiny bit of research and avoid some of the stupidity.

Billy Ray Valentine
06-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Jameon was hurt a good portion of the year and Robert Johnson caught 14 passes. They could just do a tiny bit of research and avoid some of the stupidity.

The light bulb switched on for Ross and Morrow at the end of the year so IMO we're upgrading

BulldogDX55
06-09-2015, 04:10 PM
I won't link it, but I saw a Bleacher Report article that was titled "Heisman Favorites Most Likely To Not Live Up To The Hype" or something like that. Guess who was number three on the list. Reasons stated: Loss of JRob, 3 lineman, Lewis and RoJo.

confucius say
06-09-2015, 04:26 PM
I won't link it, but I saw a Bleacher Report article that was titled "Heisman Favorites Most Likely To Not Live Up To The Hype" or something like that. Guess who was number three on the list. Reasons stated: Loss of JRob, 3 lineman, Lewis and RoJo.

Rinse, repeat

MSUDawg99
06-09-2015, 04:46 PM

Is that not the same link we're talking about right now?

BulldogBear
06-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Is that not the same link we're talking about right now?

It is

BulldogBear
06-09-2015, 05:45 PM
I didn't link it for the same reason as DX55

To be fair, there was a rare somewhat positive article put forward regarding (including actually) Dak on the same sight. It was basically as if you were gonna Frankenstein monster build the perfect QB what would you pour into this individual:

Arm - Cardale Jones (Ohio State)
Legs - J.T. Barrett (Ohio State)
Accuracy - Cody Kessler (USCw)
Strength - My Man!!!!
Heart (as in resilience) - Trevone Boykin (TCU)

From the part about Dak:

"How he fits into an NFL system is a conversation pro scouts and coaches will have at length over the next 10 months. But for all the questions that may exist about Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott at the next level, there is zero doubt about the way he operates at the level he now dominates. In 2014, Prescott threw for 27 touchdowns, ran for 14 touchdowns and even caught a touchdown—his third receiving TD over the past two seasons.

Operating ruthlessly within his 230-pound frame, Prescott has few concerns putting his head down and trying to run right at a hopeful tackler. Last season, he ran for 986 yards. He also threw for 3,449 yards, which was third in the conference.

But it’s the way in which he racks up his tremendous production that is most impressive. It’s never delicate or subtle; it’s more like watching a bulldozer execute an Olympic-level figure skating routine and somehow pull the whole thing off to the tune of nines and 10s from the judges.

His unrelenting style—a combination of effort and pure brute force—would work in any system and under any coach. There may be some holes in his overall game as it pertains to the next level, but there are zero doubts about the way he wants to destroy his opposition in every way imaginable."

BulldogDX55
06-09-2015, 05:56 PM
It is

My bad. I mixed this thread up with the one ranking teams without QBs.

BulldogBear
06-09-2015, 08:25 PM
My bad. I mixed this thread up with the one ranking teams without QBs.

That one was the best one yet though. Let's rank the sec without DL and OL and enjoy where the Beardsharks end up.

BulldogBear
06-09-2015, 08:26 PM
That one was the best one yet though. Let's rank the sec without DL and OL and enjoy where the Beardsharks end up.

Wait. I left out WR. Let's add that in too.