http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft-preview/

MSU Signees:

120 -- Jared Padgett, LHP, Graceville HS, FL
124 -- Elih Marrero, C, Coral Gables HS, FL
135 -- Gray Fenter, RHP, West Memphis HS, AK
164 -- Austin Riley, 3B/RHP, Desoto Central HS, MS
203 -- Greg Pickett, OF, Legend HS, CO
323 -- Parker Ford, RHP, Lufkin HS, TX

Also note, there are no Mississippi State nor Ole Miss current players who are in the top 500 prospects. Looking back at MSU's 2012 recruiting class, it was a very JUCO heavy class that produced Brett Pirtle, Derrick Armstrong, and Alex Detz. They only signed 6 high school players in that class. They lost Will DuPont to the draft. Of the 5 that came to campus, only two were on the roster this past season. Jacob Robson and Cody Brown. John Mark Shelly had an injury kill his career. Kyle Hann and Daniel Garner transferred out.

smootness
06-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Thanks for posting this, saw it earlier. I would guess all of those first 5 are risks to go pro. Hopefully we can get 2-3 of them.

Good info on the 2012 class. You saw the results of that class on the field this year.

KB21
06-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Thanks for posting this, saw it earlier. I would guess all of those first 5 are risks to go pro. Hopefully we can get 2-3 of them.

Good info on the 2012 class. You saw the results of that class on the field this year.

Parker Ford has already told scouts that he is coming to MSU. I think we have a better than average chance of keeping all of them. They are essentially projected to go in rounds 4-10 right now, so there is a chance that they could choose to sign for a lot less money than what they would get if they play at MSU for 3 years and then go higher.

engie
06-02-2015, 09:36 PM
I believe Ford has already said that he's going to MSU and Padgett has said it would take "life changing money" to prevent him from showing up. Riley said something similar. They seem to be higher on Marrero than others. And I'd say Pickett dropped from "no chance" to "pretty good chance" given his senior struggles...

smootness
06-02-2015, 09:44 PM
Parker Ford has already told scouts that he is coming to MSU. I think we have a better than average chance of keeping all of them. They are essentially projected to go in rounds 4-10 right now, so there is a chance that they could choose to sign for a lot less money than what they would get if they play at MSU for 3 years and then go higher.

Right, I'm talking about the top 5 guys. Are you saying that each of them has a better than 50% chance of coming, or that we have a better than 50% chance to have them all here? The latter seems extremely optimistic. But man, getting 3-4 of them even would be a huge coup for our program and would instantly rejuvenate the program to some degree.

Homedawg
06-02-2015, 10:14 PM
Pickett is still the most likely to sign based on what I'm hearing. The rest...a crapshoot. Only takes one team to over draft and willing to spend the money that makes a family content. My guess we lose 2-3. Riley not being one, just think we hang onto him. The most devastating loss would be marrero. 2017 we have no catcher.

engie
06-02-2015, 10:23 PM
Stovall...in that case, which is obviously not ideal since I think he can play prettymuch anywhere.

Pickett may be dead set on going pro, but it would be hard to find a guy whose stock has dropped as sharply as his has in the last 6 months...

messageboardsuperhero
06-02-2015, 10:27 PM
If the baseball draft gods somehow smiled on us and let Greg Pickett fall enough to where he comes to school, then I may not be able to contain my excitement.

Still, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

ETA: And yes as others have said Parker Ford will 100% be here. I've liked our chances with him since the beginning when he said he wanted to be an engineer- of course falling from a top 2 round pick to a 5-10th rounder helped as well.

It_Could_Happen
06-02-2015, 10:32 PM
Riley will be here.