PDA

View Full Version : Oliver Black off the basketball team

MSUDawg99
06-02-2015, 08:46 PM
https://twitter.com/mikebbonner/status/605911773145763840

Ifyouonlyknew
06-02-2015, 08:47 PM
@MikeBBonner: Mississippi State forward Oliver Black is no longer on the team according to an MSU spokesperson. The two parted ways mutually.

Billy Ray Valentine
Gone. No longer on the team. Just saw it on Twitter

BeardoMSU
Kinda surprised the next guy on the block wasn't NDoye.

MSUDawg99
Can't say I'm surprised. Figured maybe him or Fallou Ndoye.

MSUDawg99
06-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Kinda surprised the next guy on the block wasn't NDoye.

Yeah

MSUDawg99
06-02-2015, 08:49 PM
Yeah 3 of us posted it at same time. Haha! Great minds...errr posts!

msstate7
06-02-2015, 08:50 PM
And the scholarship number is at 12. Does this signify another signee coming?

Really liked black. Good luck, Oliver

BeardoMSU
06-02-2015, 08:51 PM

Is that Euro center still in the works?

Billy Ray Valentine
06-02-2015, 08:53 PM
LMAO! Noticed that right after I posted

I seen it dawg
06-02-2015, 08:54 PM
I have full confidence in whatever Howland wants to do.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-02-2015, 08:55 PM

If not Howland needs to get someone out of the Sanderson or just sign someone. Tyndall signed 7 guys in a month we have to have a full roster. If Howland can't do that he needs to be gone!! (Said in my best Dawg61 voice)

Billy Ray Valentine
06-02-2015, 08:55 PM
My opinion is he left for a reason. Expect an upgrade

msstate7
06-02-2015, 08:57 PM
If not Howland needs to get someone out of the Sanderson or just sign someone. Tyndall signed 7 guys in a month we have to have a full roster. If Howland can't do that he needs to be gone!! (Said in my best Dawg61 voice)

Well done

smootness
06-02-2015, 08:57 PM
A little surprising since all the speculation has been around Ndoye, but IMO Ndoye has more to work with than Black. Black is athletic and can bang down low, but that's about all his ceiling is.

Ndoye may be raw, but he has size, can move well for his size, and can already defend. Howland may feel like he can develop him into something useful.

smootness
06-02-2015, 08:58 PM

Amazing.

Brad Stevens
06-02-2015, 09:32 PM

Kudos. If I said that, there would already be a page long Brad Stevens-bashing post.

Jacksondevildog
06-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Addition by subtraction. Nothing more than that to see here.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
06-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Had a real bad attitude for the 12th best player on the team. He won't be missed. Too much of a headache for not enough production.

Dawg61
06-03-2015, 12:24 AM

Real sorry your favorite player didn't make it. I loved me some Tookie but I've recovered. You will too. You guys remember when I posted that Oliver Black highlight video two years ago and got raked over the coals for it? Haha who was right about Black? Ben Howland is doing EXACTLY what I've been screaming for for the last three years. He's upgtading the back part of his bench. And he'll do it every year till its no longer a guarantee he's gaining a better player.

Dawg61
06-03-2015, 12:31 AM

You don't even realize that Howland is doing exactly what I was screaming for Ray to do for three years. You thought you were making me look stupid when actually you're just reinforcing what I said to do a thousand times already. Nice one though. I laughed.

Did I not say trim the fat? Did I not say improve the back of your bench every year? So basically exactly what Howland is doing right? Ok got it. Thanks.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-03-2015, 08:22 AM
You don't even realize that Howland is doing exactly what I was screaming for Ray to do for three years. You thought you were making me look stupid when actually you're just reinforcing what I said to do a thousand times already. Nice one though. I laughed.

Did I not say trim the fat? Did I not say improve the back of your bench every year? So basically exactly what Howland is doing right? Ok got it. Thanks.

It was strictly for entertainment post because it's what you've been saying as long as I've been on here. The thing is if you are a fringe player or not a for sure rotation player you better be out working everyone & on your best behavior. Black was not & now he sees the outcome.

maroonmania
06-03-2015, 08:41 AM

Without the fat Ray would not have even had a roster past about 4 or 5 players. In fact, even with the fat, Ray couldn't keep 13 players on scholarship.

tcdog70
06-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Without the fat Ray would not have even had a roster past about 4 or 5 players. In fact, even with the fat, Ray couldn't keep 13 players on scholarship.

Ray was the biggest FAT and His ass got trimmed